• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN133: Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of emphasis is being put on Grookey on the official Anipoke Twitter.

I swear to Arceus if that adorable little shit evolves now I'm going to be so annoyed. It had 70+ episodes to evolve and it chooses to evolve at the likely tail-end of its allotted time onscreen? These writers be crazy lmao.

Thwackey is ugly anyway.

Last edited:

I swear this emphasis feels so unearned. It’s not like it’s been some reliable mini ace or done anything actually relevant since it was captured. Instead, it’s been nothing but dead weight. If the writers suddenly able to hold its own, it’s gonna be nothing short of an asspull.

I swear this emphasis feels so unearned. It’s not like it’s been some reliable mini ace or done anything actually relevant since it was captured. Instead, it’s been nothing but dead weight. If the writers suddenly able to hold its own, it’s gonna be nothing short of an asspull.
Grookey really has been. Its done nothing to deserve an evolution. More so than the other starters. I mean, Grookey has never been the kind to fight or even solve a major problem. He's just caused problems. It took several episodes for Grookey to even use a move and it wasn't even in a battle.

Good god......Grookey's going to evolve here, isn't it? :cautious: If nothing else, I guess it might get a new move......which would be better than a sudden, completely undeserved evolution at least.

Honestly, I’m still mad that Drizzle went into off-screen land for almost 14 episodes, and only came back to reveal it was “training” by shadow boxing off-screen, somehow being enough to evolve into Intelleon. That is my least favorite evolution in the entire show’s history, because it feels like they wanted us to forget about Drizzle and pretend that Sobble evolves straight into Intellon. Grookey evolving would be very undeserved, considering it only used a move once in the Flareon/Jolteon episode, but I feel like Sobble evolving into Intelleon will always be as bad as it gets for me. At this point, I’m just exhausted, and am ready to move on from this silliness.

Go has a long, long history of unearned evolutions on this show. When Hibanny evolved, I was dumbstruck that it was happening so early when the rabbit had done so little. A whole bunch of Go's evolutions haven't really been earned, so this is hardly surprising. Plus when it comes to last-minute evolutions, nothing with beat Nyaheat evolving into Gaogaen just when it was too late to ever battle ever again.

Go has a long, long history of unearned evolutions on this show. When Hibanny evolved, I was dumbstruck that it was happening so early when the rabbit had done so little. A whole bunch of Go's evolutions haven't really been earned, so this is hardly surprising. Plus when it comes to last-minute evolutions, nothing with beat Nyaheat evolving into Gaogaen just when it was too late to ever battle ever again.
Even so, you’d really think that, given that they seemed to be going in the right direction with their utilization of his character that they’d want to continue in the right direction rather than doubling down on something that’s part of the reason he’s so heavily disliked.

Honestly, I’m still mad that Drizzle went into off-screen land for almost 14 episodes, and only came back to reveal it was “training” by shadow boxing off-screen, somehow being enough to evolve into Intelleon. That is my least favorite evolution in the entire show’s history, because it feels like they wanted us to forget about Drizzle and pretend that Sobble evolves straight into Intellon. Grookey evolving would be very undeserved, considering it only used a move once in the Flareon/Jolteon episode, but I feel like Sobble evolving into Intelleon will always be as bad as it gets for me. At this point, I’m just exhausted, and am ready to move on from this silliness.
At least it had the scenes with Raichu and Morpeko. I liked those scenes. But you are right. It’s a shame we didn’t see it more as Drizzle. Although, with it not feeling good mentally after evolving, it at least was logical we didn’t see it as much. Stil, it is a shame.

This fucking Monkey it such a goddamned creator's pet it literally overtook CINDERACE as Goh's partner, stole it's relevance, despite being the last Starter to be caught and didn't show up for an entire year

It'll never not make me annoyed that Goh wasn't the one to showcase G-Max Cinderace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom