• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN135: Pokémon! I'm Glad I Got to Meet You!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, to be on-topic about the episode itself instead of making up fan theories...if this isn't the last episode of the series I would be relieved since I think giving ONE episode to wrap everything up seems pretty rushed. I'm still holding out hope for a big companion reunion but more realistically I just want something nice and sentimental. And of course a nice Team Rocket showing!

Where is trailer for Anime gen 9?
Hmm.
Is it about the Fuecoco trailer? I thought it would be bigger.

They didn't show one. Weren't we supposed to get some sort of announcement?

1669979368329.png

Don't tell me Goh is in love with Ash.

Last edited:
Maybe the Pallet Town party episode was expecting too much. If two second cameos were all we were going to get from Ash’s friends, then I’m pretty disappointed. I know that’s on me for having high expectations, but it feels weird that those small cameos might be all we see of characters like Misty and Cilan. I also feel like Ash winning a World Championship is a cause for celebration, not something to be swept under the rug. I’ll probably take a break from Journeys soon if it continues. I don’t feel like I can handle the possibility of another three years of Goh traveling with Ash.

Maybe the Pallet Town party episode was expecting too much. If two second cameos were all we were going to get from Ash’s friends, then I’m pretty disappointed. I know that’s on me for having high expectations, but it feels weird that those small cameos might be all we see of characters like Misty and Cilan. I also feel like Ash winning a World Championship is a cause for celebration, not something to be swept under the rug.

I feel the same. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, this would be a celebration episode of some sort. Heck, remember in the OS when Pallet Town would celebrate everything? Like Ash making the top 8 in the Indigo League? You're telling me all of a sudden they aren't gonna celebrate the same kid winning the World Championship?

But no, instead it's just a low key camping episode. Not really any big acknowledgement of Ash or even Goh. And that's what I feel like my biggest issue with Journeys is: it just lacks so much heart. It's definitely brought us some great moments, but in the aftermath, they all just fall flat. Honestly, as frustrating as it is, these last couple of episodes feeling flat and soulless is pretty fitting for the series as a whole.

I feel the same. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, this would be a celebration episode of some sort. Heck, remember in the OS when Pallet Town would celebrate everything? Like Ash making the top 8 in the Indigo League? You're telling me all of a sudden they aren't gonna celebrate the same kid winning the World Championship?

But no, instead it's just a low key camping episode. Not really any big acknowledgement of Ash or even Goh. And that's what I feel like my biggest issue with Journeys is: it just lacks so much heart. It's definitely brought us some great moments, but in the aftermath, they all just fall flat. Honestly, as frustrating as it is, these last couple of episodes feeling flat and soulless is pretty fitting for the series as a whole.
It just feels so weird. They'll celebrate him when he took part in the Indigo League but it's duvet day when Ash becomes world champion.

Top 16, actually.
That just enforces the point more. The fact that the people of Pallet Town wanted to celebrate a top 16 participant, but not a 1st placement in a World Championships, speaks volumes about the heart of the show right now. The people of Pallet Town were simply happy that Ash gave it his best shot back then, imagine how ecstatic they would be now that they are the hometown of a World Champion. Even little things, like Misty greeting Ash home right after his Hoenn league run, really make it feel like the characters greatly appreciate Ash’s progress. In comparison, a still image of Misty looking worried about Pikachu fainting to Leon’s Charizard, with no followup, does not feel the same at all. It feels like they just wanted to let the viewers know that Misty was watching the Leon fight, over something like Misty showing how happy she is to see Ash again and to congratulate him in person.

I'm not entirely surprised that we seemingly aren't getting a big celebration with more traveling companions showing up. As cool as that would be, I don't know if they could reasonably afford getting more voice actors to show up when it would be hard to give their characters enough lines and screentime. They also probably want to use this episode to setup Ash and Goh going their separate ways.

I'm still not too surprised that Cilan only got a cameo when his voice actor was probably too expensive to get back, but it is still baffling to me that Misty only got a cameo appearance. Not only because she is the first female lead and part of the original trio, but also because she is practically a hop, skip and jump away from the Cerise Lab. It is just weird. Personally, I'm glad that we at least know more about this episode since people have been worried about it being the finale to the anime as a whole since the title was revealed. Not knowing anything more about it until recently didn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom