• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Johto Spinoff Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko Godot

OBJECTION meow meow!
Reaction score
Anyway, in honor of Pokemon's anime's tenth anniversary, Pokemon Sunday unveiled a brand new spinoff today, which will take place in Johto and stars May and Max. They also showed a preview of the series.

It starts off with May and Max leaving their parents in Petalburg. The next shot is of the siblings on a boat, talking. No idea what they're saying, though.

The next scene probably is at Pokemon Contest. Seems that Drew has evolved his Roselia into a Roserade, and May's fighting it with her Blaziken.

After that quick scene it shows some bratty girl, in the same vein as Giselle, taunting Max. Seems like they're at Earl's school in Violet City. This scene eventually leads to a Pokemon battle, with Max's Ralts(!) against bratty girl's Mareep.

After that another contest scene is shown, with May's(?) Glaceon appealing. Harley is watching in the background, and he looks kind of upset.

After that we see another scene involving Max. He's using a Cyndaquil(!) against some incredibly buff trainer's Steelix. It faints, so buff guy sends out Hitmontop.

Flashes to another contest scene. This time it's May VS Marina(!?). May is using a Totodile against Marina's Misdreavous. Interesting, I bet'll it evolve into a Mismagius soon enough.

Next we see a shot of a silhouetted figure. He's reading a book containing a picture of a Ho-Oh. After that it shows Soledad and Jimmy(?!) double battling Mars and Jupiter(!? again).

After that it's just a series of quick shots, including bratty girl ordering Mareep to attack, Saturn gaurding Misty and Silver(!?) in a cage, a Chikorita using razor leaf on Totodile, and Perap girl making the victory sign.

The final shot shows May, Max, Drew, Harley, Soledad, Marina, Jimmy, Silver, bratty girl, buff guy, Perap girl, and Misty, while silhouetted figure, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn are bigger in the background. Then this shows logo comes up.

All in all it looks interesting. Nice to know what the writers are going to do with Team Galactic, though why they are in Johto escapes me. Kind of sucks that Misty is going to have a somewhat recurring role in this though. D=

Anyways, discuss!

Yay for Roserade! Hopefully Drew doesn't start abusing it like Absol.

Harley back is nice. I sure hope his character isn't butchered due to it being a spinoff series....

So it's Glaceon...I expected Leafeon.

CHATOT AND AUDREY!!!

omg is it a joke?
that'd suck, bc if this is true i am going to wet myself!!!!!!!

i want to see the pokemon contests!!!
i want may to have a glaceon!!
its weird that misty is there, outta nowhere....

where was this revealed again?
if its true....

omg is it a joke?
that'd suck, bc if this is true i am going to wet myself!!!!!!!

i want to see the pokemon contests!!!
i want may to have a glaceon!!
its weird that misty is there, outta nowhere....

where was this revealed again?
if its true....
It was revealed by Pokemon Sunday, which is a television show that airs in Japan.

I don't know what surprises me more... the fact that familiar characters like Team Galactic, Misty, and Silver (of all people showing up) in this spinoff, or the lineup some of our heroes have (like Max having a Ralts!)

... this isn't an April Fools joke...

It also explains why Galactic has been conspicously absent from DP and Movie 10....

I don't know what surprises me more... the fact that familiar characters like Team Galactic, Misty, and Silver (of all people showing up) in this spinoff, or the lineup some of our heroes have (like Max having a Ralts!)

... this isn't an April Fools joke...
Hey, it could be worse.

CHARIZARD could have shown up. Don't forget, they ARE in Johto after all.

Even if this is a joke, I'm very certain we will see May and Max again.

Sounds cool, but you've got very bad timing. I want some pics, video, website confiemation, any type of proof.

Wait... a Johto spinoff? We want a James spinoff instead!!!

*squeals* i knew may would come along again, but to see max and the rest of the coordinators sooner than I thought just exhuberates me!
especially may and drew being better coordinators and continuing their rivalry!
man... sometimes i wish i lived in japan.

Wow is this true? Maybe will get some Max character development if so. And Team Galxy eh? Awesome. And Drew, Harley I'm going to watch this show def.

Ima kill myself if this is April fools joke... If its not im pretty damn excited! *doesnt get hopes up* meh... what am I thinking, this is totally a joke.

I tried translating the Pokemon Sunday official website, but nothing has worked so far... I was trying to find possible pictures or a summary....

are you saying u'd know if there was such a thing on pokemon sunday?

Forget it, folks, this is a true blue Aprifirstay prank. Serious proof (about it being fake and all) somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom