• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

June 2011 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Ah. So she is a Seven Warrior. I still find the idea that a little girl who's probably 6 years old or something is in Great Gavel a little odd. Then again, this is a manga so she may just look young.

But who cares about that? Miruto has a Burst Heart. I was actually worried she was going to remain useless for the remainder of the series. I wonder what she got...

She just got Ryouga's Burst Heart back after it was stolen from him. It's not a new one or anything like that.

Got the new chapter today.
Yeah... from karubiirunomono's semi-scattered pictures I actually thought it'd be another one... ;.; I guess that's what happens if you rely on snippets of story.
My thoughts on this chapter:
It seems like Carola's the one ordering Khalil around rather than the other way. xD I wonder if we'll see much more of her food obsession, I'm guessing so.
And I guess Milt's not completely useless anyway -- she stands up to Khalil when he's about to kill Ryoga.

EDIT: If you want to see how I made that assumption, here's a TL of the three pages karubiimunomono posted.
1 (page 5/18)
Khalil: Take this... NIGHT SHADOW SHOT!! (kanji: dark shadow shot sphere)
2 (page 16/18)
Milt, thinking: What is she... this girl!?
Milt: ......!
Carola: I'm~ Carola~, one of the GG~ Seven~ Warriors~. (note, Kyarora direct, but just like Hariru, or Hirugureitsu, it doesn't seem to me a Japanese name, so I'm using Carola.)
Milt, thinking: Th... this tiny girl!! She's a Seven Warrior!?
Carola: This time I'll give you this Burst-Heart but...
3 (page 17/18)
Carola: Don't lose it before I get to beat you.
Carola: My stomach's rumblin', Khalil~! Let's go eat something~!
Khalil: As long as you have an Original Burst-Heart we will surely meet, once again... And the time to fight will come... So prepare yourself!
Milt: ......
Milt: We're saved... right...?

Last edited:
Well, it looks like Milt is still mostly useless, a shame. Even if she was given a Burst Heart, she probably would've spent some of her time training like Ryouga did (and not get zapped like Yappy).

I wonder what Carola's Burst could be? I'm putting out Meinfoo, Audino, or Minccino. Cause you know, little girls like cute things. :V

Last edited:
It could be some curveball like a Snorlax... after all, the first thing she does when she turns up is 'eat' the Burst Heart. I think she'd look cute as an Axew for some reason.

By the way, is it normal for a manga to appear under a Nintendo trademark?

I was on NeoGaf the other day looking at the Trademark Thread, and Nintendo had registered "Pokemon Reburst". Reminds me of Outrage's speculation of a Reburst game...

:0

Interesting, this chapter proves to be very interesting. This little girl feels like she's to be more then meets the eye and a bit crazy at this. Like that 1st GG guy said, the ones that come after him are going to be much much worse so this is gonna be too great a chapter to read. I wonder if they'll ever have any cuter Pokemon to burst, Pokemon that aren't special so to speak.

A Pokemon ReBURST game? That'd be awesome!...is what I would say if the chances of either this manga or the game ever coming out in the U.S. were higher than 15%....

Oh well, anywho...I know I might be acting a little impatient...but, does any one still find it odd that none of the characters on the pre-release art have made an appearance (or even a cameo) yet? We're only 12 chapters in and four characters (Hilgreitz, Yappy, Hariru, and Carola) have been introduced since chapter 1 and neither of them were on the image...

bluesun said:
It seems like Carola's the one ordering Khalil around rather than the other way. xD

Just curious, but why do you use "Khalil" as a romanization for ハリル?

In the May thread someone suggested it was Arabic for 'friend', so I went along with it. If I find something better or completely opposed to it I'll switch.

Doubtful. We haven't seen any non-Gen V Pokemon (minus the Pikachu cameo in chap 2) so far, so I'm thinking it may be only Pokemon introduced in Black and White.

Since she likes food, are there any Gen 5 Pokemon that eats a lot? The only one I can think of is Simisear, but it just likes to eat sweets. Also, Carola has a "sleepy" look to her (and has short, semi-curly hair). That would be an odd curve-ball.

Oh well, anywho...I know I might be acting a little impatient...but, does any one still find it odd that none of the characters on the pre-release art have made an appearance (or even a cameo) yet? We're only 12 chapters in and four characters (Hilgreitz, Yappy, Hariru, and Carola) have been introduced since chapter 1 and neither of them were on the image...

Yeah, I agree. What is up with that? I know the Seven GG Warriors wouldn't be in the line-up, since it assumes they are on Ryouga's or the "good" side (as opposed to being villains) or something.

I wonder if that was like a "beta picture".

You know, like one of the early chapters of Shaman King for instance showed off a bunch of Shaman who never appeared, were altered when they appeared, or appeared really far off...even Chocolove could be seen, and he didn't appear for years.

New chap is out. Miruto is healing Ryouga and Yappy is in some well deserved trouble with yet another Burst Warrior, this time the Burst is Boldore...or Gigalith, it's kind of ambiguous...

316097567.jpg

316098107.jpg

316100625.jpg

So his name is Rendo (Rend?) and he can use a Boldore (Yeah, I'm sure it's Boldore) Burst....

Last edited:
Long guy is loooong. That seems to be a Boldore alright! Oh boy, what did Yappy do now? I heard he went off and stole the Burst heart container thing while Ryouga was fighting Kharil/Haril.

Nice to see Milt being useful, even though it's the clichéd "female healer" role.

Long? The first pic has Rend looking average sized...I think those are boots that are making him look taller.

Yeah, in the last fight he ran away because he couldn't handle the danger...and now he's going to pay for it.

Oh well, healing or not, Miruto is contributing...somewhat...and that's better than just standing around and giving advice while Ryouga does the fighting...

I should've made myself clearer. I meant he looked very long when in Boldore form, but it could just the boots.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom