• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Juputoru's LJ icon thread

Juputoru

Let's have a toast
Reaction score
YALJIT(yet another LJ icon thread)

(If you laughed at the thread title, you play too much Nethack. If you don't know what Nethack is, shame on you. :p)
I was bored and feeling creative at the same time, and what do you do when that happens? You make LJ icons, that's what! They're not that great compared to some of the other ones I've seen, but hey... and yes, you can use them. Just give me credit somehow.

Some Kaitou Kid ones...
uwahcon.jpg

Simple, but it works.

badass.gif

In this gif, I learned that the "merge down" function is your friend.(I know there's some other way to avoid the animation being screwy when dealing with partly-transparent stuff(text), but I haven't figured that way out yet.) This is my favorite out of all the icons I've made so far.

1fangirls.gif

This one makes me laugh. Although...the image shifts slightly when it changes frames, and I don't know why. It might have something to do with how I failed to notice that I made it 99x99 instead of 100x100. :p

A Shaman King one...
heTHANKEDus.gif

The most priceless moment of that SK episode. :)

And some Pokemon ones...
TRpan.gif

And of course, the obligatory "my fandom..." icon.

shampoo.gif

My second-favorite icon. I describe it as thus: "XD".

Nice icons! I have one crit for the second Kaitou Kid one, though: you should have put the word professional lower to avoid blocking his face. Other than that I like the icons, especially the Shaman King one. XD

Kasumi-san said:
I have one crit for the second Kaitou Kid one, though: you should have put the word professional lower to avoid blocking his face.
Hmm...I like the more balanced look this gives the text, but I agree that it's wrong to hide Kid's face >:O...even if I was the one that did it... Eh, maybe I was just tired of tweaking the text to look right. I never realized how annoying it is to make a gif before >_<

I made another gif...before seeing that bit of advice. Kid's face is once again partially covered by text during a part of the animation :< In my defense, I had to do that to make the cascading text look right(the alternative(making the decent steeper) would've had text in the *middle* of his face. I assume that would've been worse :p)
whatyousay.gif

EDIT:...and here's another image. I'm not sure what the heck happened to the image quality, and I couldn't fix it...it happened every time I saved it into .gif format. Bah.
myfandom2.gif

90% guaranteed to make fangirls' brains explode!

Last edited:
Mmmm, Jiri...

...come on, you knew that would yield a comment out of me!

But yes, the image quality is horrible. I wish I knew what could fix it. What are the individual frames saved as?

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
What are the individual frames saved as?
Huh? ...maybe I'm just not fully awake yet, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. Or maybe you just make gifs in a way I don't know about :p

Actually...
I've still got the .xcf file from before I gif'd it. My best guess as to what happened is that I'd adjusted how it was indexed earlier in an attempt to make the filesize smaller(as per the advice in the "Pie's LJ icon tutorial" thread), found out that anything I did wrecked the image quality, and GIMP decided to do that to any gif I saved after that for some reason(I just tried making a completely different gif, and it happened there too).
Here it is, albeit zipped up(anyone interested in it need GIMP installed, obviously):

Another round of Detective Conan icons...

I_want.png

The text is somewhat crowded in this one, but the only other option was to animate it...and I still don't know why GIMP is wrecking the image quality of gifs.
memoriesicon.jpg
phantomico.jpg

The 'Memories' one is very nice. And I like the 'fashion sense' icon as well.

Two more...
wobbeyes.jpg
wobblyeyes.jpg

I know, the "wobbly eyes" on the left one is hard to read...

4 more...
kosaicon.png

fire.png
(I adore this one ^_^)

trouble2.png
trouble.png
(Couldn't decide which text style I liked better for "trouble". :p And it's true; wherever Conan goes, disaster follows.)

Am taking the 'it burns' icon. Will credit.

:lol: Such funny icons!

The "fashion sense" one, the "Hot guys" one, the "It Burns!" one, and the "Wobbly eyes" one are the best! :p

Moooore :D

espico.png

rose.png

and take your pick of Harley icon:
harley.png
sexy.png

I simply couldn't resist making this one:
rockon.png

XD I thought the same thing when I saw him throw up the horns in the episode preview...

These contest episodes are a treasure trove of icons, aren't they?
paperpokemon.png
mum2.png
mum.png

Back
Top Bottom