• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto Journeys

Chapter 21:
Indigo Adventure

Kevin and Skyler walked down Route 22, Kevin admiring his Earth Badge. He held it up and turned it. A sleek, green, green glow shined from it when turned in the sunlight. It was his ticket to to the Pokemon League, and the champion. They walked along, Kevin still looking at the badge. Kevin was in deep thought. Thinking of the battles and his Pokemon. He thought of how if he evolved his Pokemon, he would have a certain advantage. He could remove the everstone and let them evolve, but they said they didn't want to evolve. He would wait until they were ready.

"So... Are you excited for the Elite 4 and champion?" Skyler asked.

"I suppose. As long as Charmander is." Kevin said.

He looked down at Charmander who was paying absolutely no attention to the conversation what-so-ever. He was paying more attention to random Pokemon that would walk by and play like a Mankey who was dancing around. A Ponyta ran by at an alarming speed. She was so majestic and free. They moved on and at the beginning of Route 23 was a man in a mailman outfit and was standing there with a tall package in his hand and a Spearow at his side. He walked up to Kevin and Skyler and stared at his watch for a moment.

"Oh, hello! Are you by any chance... Kevin Branch?" The man asked.

"That'd be me? Why?" Kevin said.

"Your father has a delivery for you. Just sign here." The man said, handing Kevin a clipboard.

"Really? That's weird. Okay then. Thanks" Kevin said, signing the sheet.

"No problem. I hope to see you again." The man said, departing to Viridian City.

Kevin took the package to the side under a few trees and found a stick on the ground, snapped it in half, and opened it. It was a fishing rod! A Super Rod to be exact. Kevin wanted one before, but never got it. He had a Good Rod when he was younger and used it on a boat with his father and Uncle Franky off of Vermillion City. They walked on when they came to a man in a security guard outfit. He stood in front of the two young boys with a flashlight. It was weird because it was morning, but Kevin did not question him.

"I'd need to see your badge collection to allow you to pass on further." The security guard said.

Kevin stared at him for a moment, thinking about whether to give it to him or not. He decided to hand it to him and the man looked at his badges and saw them. "Ah! Boulder Badge. Go on." The man said. Kevin nodded and they went on. More security guards asked to see his badges and he showed them to the guards on land and sea. They moved on to the Reception Gate where he saw a few Video Phones. Kevin walked over to one to call his father and thank him for the gift when Professor Oak's face popped up.

"Oh! Kevin! Hello. Nice to see you! I see you are at the Pokemon League! Sorry for not calling more frequently. Oh! Is that Skyler?" Professor Oak said in a rush.

"Yup. That's him we are friends and we met in Saffron City. It's fine for not calling. Y'know? You have people all of the time who need to get their Pokemon and it's fine." Kevin replied.

"Thank you for being so forgiving. You know, your parents and I are good friends, and we have a surprise for you when you come back from the Pokemon League. Hope to see you then!" Oak said, logging off.

Kevin laughed at how the professor, who he knew for so many years, had called him and talked so fast. He looked over for Skyler, but he was on the video phone as well, but he was smiling and laughing while talking on it. Charmander had a phone in his hand, but he hadn't dialed anybody. Kevin looked at the entrance a young boy around the age of 10 walked in with a Wartortle. He walked to the woman at the desk and registered. Kevin dialed his parent's phone number and waited for a response. His father appeared on the screen.

"Hey Kevin! Get my gift?" He said.

"Yeah, that's what I was calling about. I got my last badge, am heading to the Pokemon League, and am going to come home after that!" Kevin replied, excited.

"Awesome. I remember my time there. I won't bore you with the details. Well, I'll see you when you come back, and catch a Gyarados for me!" His father said, logging off.

Kevin and Skyler moved on and registered. He handed the woman his Pokedex and moved on to Victory Road. They entered Victory Road. It was a cave, dark and creepy. Pokemon where hidden everywhere. They moved in the cave to the second floor, where more Pokemon there. A Sandslash came from a corner. Kevin sent out his Squirtle. "USe Water Gun!" Kevin shouted. It hit Sandslash and Kevin threw a Pokeball, catching the Sandslash. Skyler looked at Kevin and nodded his head in approval. They moved on to the third floor of the cave. Kevin and Skyler saw the exit and made their way to it. The light shown through like the light of destiny. They walked through it and to the Indigo Plateau. They made it there and Kevin and Charmander were ready for the battles they were going to experience.

Chapter 22:
The Battle Begins

Kevin and Skyler walked in to the Indigo Plateau and Kevin healed his Pokemon and got some food. They sat at a table and ate food before the battles. A large knot was in Kevin's stomach. He had a strong pain in his stomach and Skyler had noticed it, but didn't say anything. Charmander stared at Kevin with a sad face. There was no more training left to do... It was now or never. They walked into the next room where a tall, red-woman was standing there. The ground was unfit for battling. Kevin said nothing. There was nothing to say. She stood there with her light blue tinted glasses staring at him through the lenses. Cold, blackish green, eyes. Kevin felt as if he hadn't slept in weeks and he suddenly felt weak in her presence.

"My name is Lorelei. Are you ready to battle?!" She said, with too much enthusiasm.

Kevin nodded. She sent out a Sea Lion type of Pokemon; A Dewgong. He sent out his Pikachu. She told him that he could make the first move. "Pikachu, use Thunder." Kevin said. A huge blast of thunder blasted Dewgong. Pikachu was excited. "No!" Dewgong was already down. Kevin looked up and he got excited. "Go, Cloyster!" Lorelei shouted. Out came a Pokemon that appeared to be a black pearl between a clam shell. "Use Ice Beam!" A large beam of ice hit Pikachu at full speed. He was quick to get back up. "Another Thunder!" He gave out another blast of thunder, larger than before. It hit Cloyster. It came back up. "Spike Cannon, Cloyster!" It fired out 2 spikes that hit Pikachu. Pikachu got back up. "Thunder Wave!" It fired out waves of electricity that paralyzed Cloyster. It couldn't move.

"Pikachu, Thunder!" It fired out a large bolt of thunder and hit Cloyster. Cloyster was down. Lorelei sent out a Slowbro. Pikachu got mad. Very mad. Electricity discharged from its cheeks and its tail slammed to the ground. "Slowbro, use Psychic!" She shouted in anger. A large wave of purple came from the Slowbro. Pikachu was hit, but not down. Pikachu got even more mad. "Your largest Thunder!" It let out a large beam that went from one side of the gym to the other. It hit Slowbro and knocked it out in one hit. Lorelei gasped and sent out a Pokeball. It was a Jynx. Kevin sent out his Charmander, to give Pikachu a break. "Go, Charmander." He said, low. "Use Fire Blast, Charmander!" It fired out a large blast of fire that hit Jynx. It was burnt, but still in. "Jynx, use Perish Song!"

Skyler stood at the side. "Three rounds after this, switch out Charmander or it will faint." Kevin nodded. "Flamethrower, Charmander!" It blew out a stream of fire and hit the already burnt Jynx. Jynx didn't move, it waited for the 3rd move on command. "Come Back, Charmander, Bulbasaur!" Jynx fell to the ground and fainted. Lorelei was on her last Pokemon and set it out; a Lapras. "Use Ice Beam, Lapras!" It froze Bulbasuar. "Come back, Bulbasaur. Come on out, Pikachu." Pikachu was sent out. "Thunder!" It sent out a large beam of thunder and hit Lapras. Lapras rode a small wave over to Pikachu at full speed when Lorelei said so. Pikachu went on it's back and used Thunder. It knocked Lapras out. It was over...

Kevin walked over to Lorelei with a large smile on his face, Pikachu was at his side. Lorelei was looking down in disappointment in what had happened. She was defeated. She looked at him. He was no longer threatened by her. "Your Pokemon are very well... trained... There are four more trainers behind this door. They are tougher than me, and I am positive that you will have more trouble with them than with me. It will be tougher, but you will do just fine. I'm sure that you will get through. There will be obstacles, but you will be victorious." She nodded and opened the door. Kevin, Skyler, and Pikachu walked through, ready for the next challenge.

Chapter 23:
Fighting Challenge

The metal door slid open and what appeared to be a rock type gym appeared. Kevin looked around at the room. A man sat in the middle of the gym floor. He had his shirt off and he appeared to be strong. He had jet black hair in which it appeared to be in a some kind of strange ponytail. Kevin approached him. "My name is Kevin Branch, and I wish to challenge you." Kevin said, excited. The man stood to his feet where he shook Kevin's hand and introduced himself. "Hello. My name is Bruno. You are challenging me? Okay then. I train fighting types. Do your best." Kevin pulled out his Pokedex and looked under a section of Fighting.

Fighting Pokemon have disadvantages against Normal, Ice, Flying, Poison, and Psychic attacks. It said, robtically.

Poison! Bulbasaur! He sent out Bulbasaur. Kevin was going first. "Bulbasaur! Use-" Kevin was cut-off. Bulbasaur was already doing his own thing. Light stored into his bulb on his back. It was charging for something. Bruno laughed. "Easy out!" Bruno shouted. "Use, Iron Tail!" Onix's tail glowed as it hit Bulbasaur against a wall. The excitement was the only thing keeping Bulbasaur from fainting. It stood up as tall as it could and fired a large beam from it's bulb. Onix's eyes grew large as the beam got stronger. Solarbeam! The attack was Solarbeam! It hit Onix to the ground. Kevin had a feeling Onix was out. Bruno choked on air. He called back Onix and sent out a Machamp. It had the first move. "Machamp, use Cross Chop!" Machamp used his arms and Karate Chopped him Four times. Bulbasaur fell and got back up. "Bulbasaur, use Sludge Bomb!" Bulbasaur shot out a blast of poison from its bulb. The blast hit Machamp to the ground, but it wasn't over. "Machamp, use Fire Blast!" The fire came out of Machamp's mouth and hit Bulbasaur to the ground. Was it down? No. Bulbasaur became stronger.

"Bulbasaur, use another Sludge Bomb!" It shot out another blast of poison at the Machamp. Machamp fell to the ground. Was it down? This time it was. Bruno coughed more and pulled back Machamp. "Go Hitmonchan!" Bruno had sent out a Pokemon that looked similiar to Hitmonlee. It's punching counterpart? Yes. Of course. It was Bruno's turn. "Hitmonchan, use Ice Punch!" Bruno said loudly. Hitmonchan's hands froze and he ran towards Bulbasaur who accidentally used Sludge on him. Hitmonchan missed. "Sludge Bomb, Bulbasaur!" It fired out a blast of poison once more and hit Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan fell down. He was down. We knew he was. There was no way he wasn't. Bruno called him back and sent out a Hitmonlee. "Go, Hitmonlee!" Bruno said loudly. Kevin called back Bulbasaur to give him a break. "Go, Lapras!" Lapras came out. "Hitmonlee, use Hi Jump Kick!" Hitmonlee jumped up and kicked Lapras down. It was a strong hit! Lapras got back up. "Ice Beam, Lapras!" A strong blast of Ice came from Lapras. It hit Hitmonchan.

Hitmonchan got back up and shook it off, but he was getting weak. "Another Hi Jump Kick!" It Jumped up, Lapras ducked and Hitmonchan hit the wall, knocking itself out. Another Onix came out. "Use Rock Slide!" Rocks fell from Onix and hit Lapras. It was a strong blast. Kevin thought quickly and pulled out Lapras before she got too hurt. "Go, Squirtle!" Squirtle came out. "Squirtle, Hydro Pump!" Squirtle jumped and fired out large blasts of water from his mouth, hitting Bruno's Onix to the ground. It was over for Onix! Bruno looked at Kevin. "Go Golem!" Out came Golem. It rolled into the battle field. Bruno looked at Kevin who was smiling. Bruno had a look in his eye. The look of someone who would do something reckless. "Golem... Explosion." Golem looked over, his eyes wide. Bruno nodded. A large explosion blew through the battlefield. Kevin was knocked over. He stood to look at the results. Squirtle was in his shell, which was across the field. Squirtle popped out, dizzy and confused.

Golem was on the ground, knocked out. Bruno stood up and stomped on the ground. "No!" He shouted! He shook his head and sent out his strongest Pokemon: Rhydon! "We're standing firm!" He said. "Rhydon! Use Fissure!" The ground shook and Squirtle fell into the cracks of the field. Squirtle was knocked out. Kevin looked down and then back up. "Go Vaporeon!" He shouted, nervously. Vaporeon stood there. "Vaporeon, Hydro Pump!" It fired out a blast of water from its mouth and hit Rhydon. "Rhydon, use Horn drill!" Its horn began to spin on its head. Rhydon charged Vaporeon. Vaporeon dodged the attack and returned with a hard Waterfall. Rhydon fell to the ground. Rhydon got back up. "Rhydon, another Horn Drill!" It came at Vaporeon at an extreme speed. Vaporeon was frozen in fear. It came to her and Vaporeon jumped aside. Rhydon hit the wall and was knocked out. Kevin jumped up and shouted. He put Vaporeon back in her Pokeball and approached Bruno. "Why? How could we lose?" Bruno kept saying to himself. Kevin looked at him. "Good game?" He said. Bruno looked at Kevin this time. "Having lost, I have no right to say anything...Go face your next challenge!" Bruno said. The next door slid open.

lol I wrote it on a couple other forums, so I just copy and pasted it. xD

Bacically you broke the rule's 20 times. You have to wait three hours after posting chapters and frankly your needs a lot of work.

There is another reason other than giving readers time to read to wait. it's so that readers can provide feedback to make your story better. Right now, your story needs more detail. The grammar isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. If you were to rewrite this story but post slower and accept feedback, this story could go far!

since eeveryone covered the rule, needs more detail. thats all

P.S, your name seems framiliar...hmmmmm....

There is another reason other than giving readers time to read to wait. it's so that readers can provide feedback to make your story better. Right now, your story needs more detail. The grammar isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. If you were to rewrite this story but post slower and accept feedback, this story could go far!

I didn't write this fan-fic right now. I started it in November out of boredom until February, then I got pissed so I made it better and chapter 12-on were the newer, better ones. I don't see how it needs detail because I think I've added every god damned detail on there at one point. And yes, I get the point. I've broken the rule 20 times. Crucify me. It doesn't take 5 people to tell me I've broken a rule. It takes one person with common sense to just tell me I broke it.

No one's going to read 21 chapters in like 5 minutes. Bacically no one would read it.

No one's going to read 21 chapters in like 5 minutes. Bacically no one would read it.

Bacically? Well, I don't believe I said they had to read it in 5 minutes. It's just there for people to read it. They can start with Chapter 1, and then move on and read it when they want. They don't have to read all of the chapters at once. I doubt you even read any of it.

Don't know if I can double post here, but I'll do it anyway.

Chapter 24:
I aint afraid of no ghosts

Kevin and Skyler moved on. Skyler walked behind a wall and took Kevin with him, where they would not be seen. "Your Pokemon took quite a beating. Here take these. They'll heal your Pokemon." Kevin was handed several small star shaped objects. "And this..." He pulled a bottle out of knapsack. A few more bottles. Kevin healed his Pokemon. Was this against the rules? No. Of course not. Healing was allowed. But was supplying them allowed? Of course. Was it? Doesn't matter anymore..

Kevin and Skyler walked through the metal door. Nobody was there. An old woman appeared near Kevin. ""I am Agatha of the Elite Four! Oak's taken a lot of interest in you, child! That old duff was once tough and handsome! That was decades ago! Now he just wants to fiddle with his Pokédex! He's wrong! Pokémon are for fighting!" Kevin stood and looked at her. "Hey, Professor Oak is a great guy!" She already had her Pokemon out. Kevin thought to himself for a moment. The third member of the Elite Four? How wonderful?! But all of the thoughts rushed through his head. He could feel his face getting hot. He looked at her, she was smiling. Skyler was standing back, concerned. Kevin dropped to the ground. He screamed in frustration. His mind was hurting him.

He was crying. Sobbing. She was a ghost master. One of her tricks? More likely than not, but what was she doing. Her Pokemon was no longer there, Skyler was right next to Kevin. Kevin began looking at the tiles. Counting them? Who knows? He was going insane. He stopped. He felt fine. Skyler stood back up, worried. Kevin looked up as if nothing happened. Her Pokemon was still there. A Haunter. She stood, cackling. Funny? No! Of course not. Kevin was filled with rage. He sent out Charmander. "Charmander, Flamethrower!" Flames came from Charmander's mouth and hit haunter directly. Haunter stood there. Now frowning. "Haunter, use Lick!" Haunter flew over and licked Charmander in the face. Charmander turned to Kevin with an awkward look on its face.

Kevin shrugged and commanded it to use Overheat. The ground shook and Charmander's flame on its tail lit and blew the whole room into a heat wave. It was hot. Agatha began coughing hard. Kevin smiled. She coughed harder. He began laughing, as she did in his expense. She stood, frowning. "Haunter, Shadowball, now." Haunter's hands were now holding a force of energy. He threw them at Charmander. Charmander fell to the ground. "Charmander, another Overheat!" He said. Charmander was still on the ground. It stood and engulfed the whole room with flames. It was different than a heat wave. It knocked Haunter out. Agatha smiled. She pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it. Out came a Golbat. "Charmander, back." Charmander was pulled back. "Pikachu!" Pikachu was sent out. "Golbat, use Air Slash!" Golbat came down and slashed Pikachu to the ground. He stood again. "Pikachu, use Thunder!" It shocked Golbat down. It stood, paralyzed. "Golbat, another Airslash!" It couldn't go back into the air. It was frozen. "Pikachu, Volt Tackle!"

Pikachu ran at full speed, in sparks, and hit Golbat. Golbat was down. "I have more Pokemon, but I'm getting too old. This will be my last." She sent out her last Pokemon: a Gengar. It stood there, its move. "Use Hypnosis, Gengar!" It sent out waves of psychic energy and put Pikachu to sleep. Pikachu couldn't get up, it was heavily sleeping. "Now, Gengar, use Nightmare!" It closed its eyes and put Pikachu into a nightmare. Pikachu was tossing and turning. "Now, Gengar. Use Explosion. We may lose, but at least we'll get rid of this rat! hahahahaha" she said. Gengar smiled. It then exploded and knocked Pikachu out, but Gengar was down too. It was over! Kevin had won. Pikachu was knocked out. Kevin sent him back and walked to her. "Go On..." She said, closing her eyes. The metal doors opened. 2 more to go...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom