• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Kecleon or Castform???

The Magneton

Reaction score
WHASSUUUPPP!!! Mareep here with a random poll. Who's better, Kecleon or Castform? Both are normal type, both have a unique ability and bot are 3rd gen pokemanz! If you post a reply, could you answer these four questions...

Who has a better design?
Who do you like better?
Who's better in a team?
Who do you think suits a evolution?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Kecleon of Castform???

Overall I think Castform. It's cuter and I like it's ability a bit better. Plus it can learn a wide variety of moves.

Kecleon for the first 3 questions and Castform for the last question. The former has a cool ability (which is good because it can use it to give any offensive move it knows STAB; it's also bad because it can be hit by a type weakness).

Who has a better design:Castform
Who do you like better: Castform
Who's better in a team: Castform
Who do you think suits an evolution: Both
Overall: CASTFORM the cute circle thing that has an epic ability

I prefer Castform, as he is able to transform formes.

Kecleon by far. I always hated castform for being so weak.

Castform. I've always wanted a little cloud.

I hate castform honestly. Kecleon wins by default.

Who has a better design?

Naturally, I like Kecleon's design better; however, taking into account Castform's other three weather-induced transformations, I'm gonna say (overall) Castform's designs.

Who do you like better?

Kecleon. I've always liked reptilian based Pokemon a lot.

Who's better in a team?

Kecleon. It has great support options between Stealth Rock, Trick Room, etc. Its Color Change ability can be useful in certain situations as well. Thunder Wave can help hamper its speed problem (not to mention Trick Room too). Kecleon also has high SpD and good Atk, allowing it to sponge SpA's and hit back fairly hard. Castform doesn't have a specific area it can really find a niche in since its spread is 70 across the board. It just can't take hits and doesn't hit hard enough. That's not to say with weather it can potentially cause some damage with Weather Ball and it does have quite the offensive movepool.

Who do you think suits a evolution?

Both tbh. If just one specifically - Castform.

Am I allowed to say I like Castform a little better just because I find it to be a hell of a lot cuter?

>____>

Going with Castform because once I hit the battle frontier, trainers had more kecleons and I would just pull 1-up on its ability by using an attack and making its type change and then hitting it with a weakness attack.

Castforms design is simple but still interesting.

My votes for Castform.

I like Castform because it has different forms, and it's cuter.

Who has a better design? Kecleon. hands down.

Who do you like better? Kecleon. I always did love watching it appear when it doesn't want to be seen and either scarper quickly or battle me like the man it is!

Who's better in a team? Probably Kecleon. Castform's too gimmicky for me.

Who do you think suits a evolution? neither of them, really. Kecleon, if I had to choose.

Castform. Our cute little transformer. What's not to love? (except for his bad stats)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom