• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kingdom Hearts HD remix discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler53841

Reaction score
In honor of the recent announcement of the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix game for the PS3 which has the Final Mix version of both Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep along with cinematic scenes from the DS game Re:Coded, what does everyone think of the remixes of the Kingdom Hearts series.

For me, playing the Final Remix versions never released outside of Japan (Though Re-Chain of Memories that was released with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix in Japan was an exception) are fun to play with new enemies and bosses and new cutscenes. Also there is the fact since I don't have or want a PSP I can play Birth by Sleep. The only downside is what they did to 358/2 Days and Re:Coded (Though I plan to obtain and play them on the DS).

KH2FM IN ENGLISH!!!

Goddamn I've been waiting seven years for that...

Honestly, I did prefer the GBA version of Chain of Memories.

I think it's pretty cool knowing that you are getting two (or three, if you count the collection of cutscenes as a "game") games for the price of one, and it helps make the storyline easier to follow. With almost every chapter of the series accessible on the PS3, I wonder what Square Enix is going to do to give PS3 owners a chance to experience Kingdom Hearts 3D? I think it would be strange if they left out one chapter in the franchise, considering that said game is integral to the plot like pretty much every other title in the series. Only time will tell, I suppose.

I'm just glad the final mix versions are being released outside Japan. Seriously the first time I heard about the final mix versions I thought that it really sucked that they were only released in Japan. But not anymore.:-D

For what I can tell as things are progressing is with 2.5 coming out this year, then Kingdom Hearts 3 will likely come out next year in 2015.:lol: Hopefully by then the price on the PS4 will go down.

UPDATE:New Trailer confirms game's release date as December 2 for NA and December 5 for Europe.

Waiting until December 2 (or rather, Christmas at this point) is going to be... really difficult.
I finished KH1 Final Mix and enjoyed it (and surprisingly all of that synthesizing didn't drive me crazy) and has made me even more eager to play KH2 Final Mix... but at this point I might as well just start another game of the original KH2.

Still though, it's gonna be nice playing Birth by Sleep on the PS3, especially since I've never played the original.

The new trailer also shows some good KHII Final Mix stuff like the hidden boss Lingering Will and Sora's Limit Form (which the design and playing style is based off Sora from KHI for those who don't know)

I've been looking forward to getting to play 1.5, since I just got a PS3. December is a lone time to wait, but at least I'll be able to save up some money for when 2.5 is released. It also looks like we'll be seeing some actual fighting in the re:Coded movie since most of the battles were cut out of the days movie. As far as 3D goes, the new trailer hints that it may be involved in something the thing that keeps me from thinking that it would be playable would be that it uses two screens(Albeit, the bottom screen was only used for the map, link portals, and reality shifts) and the other two games that used two screens were both made into movies so they may just do the same thing.

I have 1.5 now but I need to stop being lazy and actually play it. 2.5 is gonna be fun because hopefully they make BBS harder.

One cool thing I want to try in KH II Final Mix is fight all the members of Organization VIII (which includes the ones from Chain of Memories).

I tried 1.5, still didn't like the original. I was happily surprised that I liked Chain of Memories

I got both 1.5 and 2.5 not long after they came out. I was a real latecomer to the franchise and I'd learned of its existence only around early 2012. The only games I'd been able to play were the ones for DS and 3DS, so when I learned that the older games were being re-released for a more modern system, I was really happy. The HD and the Final Mix bonuses were some pretty great icing on an amazing cake.

I think KHII was my overall favorite. Trying to beat its bonus bosses on Critical Mode is ridiculously hard though.

I tried 1.5, still didn't like the original. I was happily surprised that I liked Chain of Memories

Ahh, I actually enjoy Chain of Memories, too.
I actually got pretty far on it on the PS2, but never finished it.

I haven't touched it for a while, though. I should really pick it up again.
...along with buying KH 2.5 ReMIX. After all, I still need to experience Birth by Sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom