• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Lapras vs Dragonair

torkoal96

Reaction score
now this i have been wanting to figure out for a while but was not sure how to put this so here it is

best original sprite:i would have to say lapras

Who would win in battle:hard telling actually

Who would you rather use on ur team:I would use either just depends what game and what stage im in

Best Original Sprite: ...? I guess Lapras. Although I like Dragonair's design more.

Who Would Win In Battle: If you are talking about head-to-head, definitely Lapras. Unless Dragonair is quicker and knows some nasty electric moves.

Who Would You Rather Use On Your Team: Dragonair.

Best Original Sprite: Definitely Lapras with a shell and flippers. What kind of animal could that be?

Who Would Win in Battle: Dragonite can learn strong moves and has a chance of learning electric moves but Lapras can learn Perish song so Lapras is best.

Rather Use in Team: Lapras

Best Original Sprite: Lapras

Who Would Win In Battle: Eh, that's tough... I suppose Lapras, thanks to ice being effective against Dragonair, and Lapras has some great moves outside of just ice.

Rather Use In Team: Lapras. I've used both, and Lapras worked out better. But once Dragonair evolves, then I'd pick Dragonite.

Why is there no poll

best original sprite: [sexy] Dragonair

Who would win in battle: Lapras with Ice Beam and Blizzard wins.

Who would you rather use on ur team: Both. But if I really have to pick one, then I'd choose Dragonair.

um there would be a poll if i knew how to make one and isnt dragonair dragon/flying

Guys i made the poll and i added an extra one to see what happens so make your picks

Lapras would have the upper hand in type and Blizzard/Ice Beam against a Dragonite, however with Dragonite's DW ability Multiscale it could withstand a hit from Lapras's mediocre special attack stat with the defensive increases and Dragonite's natural bulk. So on that turn if Dragonite got a Dragon Dance in there it could cripple Lapras with a Stone Edge, or even an Outrage attack. So Dragonite may not necessarily be at a disadvantage if you look at it like that.

I do like Lapras, but Dragonite is also my most favoured of all Pokemon, so on that basis and the above I vote Dragonite.

Sprite? Dragonite or Lapras

Win? Dragonite's got Thunder, but a Hail Ice Beam/Blizzard combo could one shot Dragonite

Use? Either Dragonite or Lapras. Both are good and hve advantages. Lapras fits the water pokemone surf requirement I always have though/

Wait, why did I vote Lapras? I meant Dragonite :<

Oh well. Yeah, Dragonite is a lot better to me. As much as I like Lapras it's not as useful to me.

Dragonair? Not much of a chance. Only things it has against it are Extremespeed and Thunder. Also Dragonair barely survives Ice Beam with maximized defenses, so while there IS a chance it could actually win, it's a very small one. Lapras will win a battle basically all the time.

Now, Dragonair evolves into Dragonite, which is very useful and would win. So ultimately it is the better choice... but, against Dragonair alone, Lapras is hands down the better pokémon objectively.

For their design, I like the dragon more anyway.

The sprites thing caught my curiosity. I dislike both, though Lapras looks more accurate to the art... On the other hand, Lapras backsprite is ugly, while Dragonair's backsprite is alright.

Wait, the title of the thread says Dragonair, but the poll says Dragonite. Derp.

now this i have been wanting to figure out for a while but was not sure how to put this so here it is

best original sprite:i would have to say lapras

Who would win in battle:hard telling actually

Who would you rather use on ur team:I would use either just depends what game and what stage im in

Let's clear this up.

Is this supposed to be DragonITE vs Lapras or DragonAIR vs. Lapras? you have it written different in the title and the poll, so people are getting confused.

This is why I like people to use sprites/images when they post contests...

um there would be a poll if i knew how to make one and isnt dragonair dragon/flying

Dragonair is pure Dragon.

You know, like the previous poster said, your contest thread is very confusing because nobody is clear on whether it's Dragonair or Dragonite that is competing with Lapras. You need to make a decision and stick to it, otherwise this thread will be locked to prevent further confusion.

So, is it Dragonair or Dragonite? The poll or thread name will be altered if you had chosen one of them.

That's it for now.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom