• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corocoro still has lots of gaming news for a variety of series, im curious why they dont use it for Pokemon anymore, would be amazing to patch up those dry periods at least.

Last edited:
Same lol
the starters are not wild pokemon so it won't really fit

but the trailer might add them in with the new pokemon from the stream

Or they might get used on the player characters team when battling wild Pokemon and other trainers, getting shown off here first then a proper reveal in another trailer in October.

I'm very curious to see what exactly is shown in this stream. When I think about past Pokemon games, I can't picture staying in one area for a full 24 hours without getting so bored. I hope it's more than just showcasing different Pokemon appearing at different times of day.

Corocoro still has lots of gaming news for a variety of series, im curious why they dont use it for Pokemon anymore, would be amazing to patch up those dry periods at least.
It's probably because it only comes out in Japan and they've moved towards a more worldwide approach.

XY (from Jan to Aug) - (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9), (10), (11), (12).
We're two months from the Swsh release, so I didn't count the September/October ones. It's missing some japanese exclusive trailer too.

SwSh (From Feb to Sep) - (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7).

Speaking of trailer numbers only, of course. For content, XY had a lot more content revealed at this point, not only revealed by trailers, but also through other media, such as the Developer Roundtable.
ah.
i didn't count the 30 seconds videos as trailers

I think there is plenty of reason to be excited. Outside of the Pokemon that we know nothing about, we still know next to nothing about the story, Team Yell is clearly phoning it in and the real bad guy is still hiding from us. Heck, we still don't even know what order we visit some of the towns in. What are the roles of the legendaries--what are their types even are--we still don't even know what the legendaries types are people. Not to mention the starter evolution and their types. There is still so much left to learn about these games, and a lot of you guys are disappointed about that? I just don't understand.

I have a feeling that they're being very cautios and careful. Some people here wrote about how traumatic was the SM's promotional time for them, so, I do understand them. And, to be honest, personally I find awesome to start my gameplay with a lot of questions on my mind about the story and some unrevealed pokémon to discover. But, it's about myself. They need to to find a way to balance well the amount of trailers (new info) and keep some info restricted to the gameplay.

There is still so much left to learn about these games, and a lot of you guys are disappointed about that? I just don't understand.
We have nothing to figure them out other than conspiracy theories though.

The SM promotion initially dropped bombs on us that left people speculating (they did explain them later kinda ruining the surprise, but I think the damage control in this case is excessive).
Remember when Ultra Beasts were initially revealed? The place went crazy.

There’s nothing of the sort in this release. We don’t know enough about the story to speculate at all, apart from the possibility of Rose, Oleana or Leon being the big bad instead of Team Yell (which seem like Galarian forms of Team Skull). We know literally nothing to speculate about legendaries, not even proper flavour text to go by other than the fact that they might allude to the strongest force/immovable object paradox.

The way starters might go have been discussed to death too, the middle evos might spark discussion again but it has become stagnant.

I'm really hoping that its not going to get dynamax form since it already has 2 megas, but considering that leaker has been right so far on everything, I'm afraid that might be case.
The leak isn’t the only reason why I think he’d have a Gigantamax form.
I don’t think there has been a credible leak that states Charizard will be getting a Gigantamax form. That’s not to say it won’t, it just hasn’t popped up in a good leak yet.

other than the fact that they might allude to the strongest force/immovable object paradox.

It occurs to me, Zamazenta stopped Zacian's attack in the CGI scene

Zacian did not move Zamazenta

GF have already inadvertently answered this one lol

Last edited:
it occurs to me, Zamazenta stopped Zacian's attack in the CGI scene

Zacian did not move Zamazenta

GF have already inadvertently answered this one lol
So I guess we move to square one again: :bulbaFacepalm:

I guess we’re back to having absolutely nothing about the legendaries without going into conspiracy theory territory.

We have nothing to figure them out other than conspiracy theories though.

The SM promotion initially dropped bombs on us that left people speculating (they did explain them later kinda ruining the surprise, but I think the damage control in this case is excessive).
Remember when Ultra Beasts were initially revealed? The place went crazy.

There’s nothing of the sort in this release. We don’t know enough about the story to speculate at all, apart from the possibility of Rose, Oleana or Leon being the big bad instead of Team Yell (which seem like Galarian forms of Team Skull). We know literally nothing to speculate about legendaries, not even proper flavour text to go by other than the fact that they might allude to the strongest force/immovable object paradox.

The way starters might go have been discussed to death too, the middle evos might spark discussion again but it has become stagnant.

I mean--I guess if you have more fun talking about playing the games rather then playing the games I can see your point. Cyprtic hints about major plot elements are absent. There is nothing really equivalent to the UBs this time--and it is entirely possible that there simply isn't anything like the UBs this time around. But there could be and we don't know for sure and the possibility of discovering that seems exciting to me.

I have a feeling that they're being very cautios and careful. Some people here wrote about how traumatic was the SM's promotional time for them, so, I do understand them. And, to be honest, personally I find awesome to start my gameplay with a lot of questions on my mind about the story and some unrevealed pokémon to discover. But, it's about myself. They need to to find a way to balance well the amount of trailers (new info) and keep some info restricted to the gameplay.

Yes; i think that there was a lot learned from Breath of the Wild and the resulting library of footage that continues to appear on youtube, it is exciting when fans themselves make discoveries in the games and then share it in their own ways!
It is sort of how the goodnesses of the games will speak for themselves! It extends the enthusiasm for the games without it being real promotional meterial!

I think Nintendo/Game Freak is also that much more aware of how popular Pokemon playthrough videos are on youtube and how popular stories/discoveries can be on various media sites. There seems to be a lot of room for exploration and experimentation in Sword and Shield, as there always has been, but now with many new features and a uniquely in depth world!!

I mean--I guess if you have more fun talking about playing the games rather then playing the games I can see your point. Cyprtic hints about major plot elements are absent. There is nothing really equivalent to the UBs this time--and it is entirely possible that there simply isn't anything like the UBs this time around. But there could be and we don't know for sure and the possibility of discovering that seems exciting to me.
I agree with this.
Last generation was riddled with leaks from the start which was zany at first but by the time the games actually rolled around it did more harm than good ( I doubt many here have played SM more than once or twice).
On top of that, rumors of a switch game popped up just a couple of days before the titles released which further further dented the experience.
Yeah it was fun for the moment but the climax didn't land.

I agree with this.
Last generation was riddled with leaks from the start which was zany at first but by the time the games actually rolled around it did more harm than good ( I doubt many here have played SM more than once or twice).
On top of that, rumors of a switch game popped up just a couple of days before the titles released which further further dented the experience.

I forgot about EuroGamer and their “don’t buy SunMoon because the Switch is coming and the next gen will be on it.” That didn’t hep

I agree with this.

Honestly I've probably had the most playthroughs for the gen 7 games on these forums, but it's hard to know for sure. If you combine sun, moon, and both ultra games I'm currently working on my 5th playthrough.

As a point of comparison.

Gen 1 or equivalent: 15 playthroughs
Gen 2 or equivalent: 6 playthroughs
Gen 3 or equivalent: 2 playthroughs
Gen 4 or equivalent: 7 playthroughs
Gen 5 or equivalent: 4 playthroughs
Gen 6 or equivalent: 2 playthroughs
Gen 7 or equivalent: 5 playthroughs

This includes nuzlocks and the one time I helped with a charity livestream. I'm not a streamer or a youtuber or anything I just was the only one willing to stay up all night playing a pokemon Nuzlock so they asked me to do it.

Sorry that was a bit off topic but to your point, I usually stop coming to these forms around release time and it seems to help my enjoyment of the games somewhat. Butttt...it might also be because I'm crazy....(looks at 15 gen 1 playthroughs.)

I think the issue is just that there's nothing to really talk about these games so the pre-game hype is feeling pretty dead. Considering how strong of a marketing tool that word-of-mouth is as free publicity, the lack of discussion fodder really sells these games short.

So I do have to agree- the attempt at secrecy is much appreciated, but it's a little over-excessive and we could use more bones to chew on.

I don’t think there has been a credible leak that states Charizard will be getting a Gigantamax form. That’s not to say it won’t, it just hasn’t popped up in a good leak yet.
I get confused on what the ‘good’ leak is. I recall the one before the Dynamax and WA trailer that referred to the former and camping, as well as Charizard having a Gigantamax form, but I’m likely wrong,

Anyway, my conviction is based on the fast that Charizard is Leon’s ace, mostly, but we’ll see how it goes.

I think the issue is just that there's nothing to really talk about these games so the pre-game hype is feeling pretty dead. Considering how strong of a marketing tool that word-of-mouth is as free publicity, the lack of discussion fodder really sells these games short.

So I do have to agree- the attempt at secrecy is much appreciated, but it's a little over-excessive and we could use more bones to chew on.

I think the issue might be that we're maybe to good at figuring out plot details and other elements from little hints. The marketing team might not feel comfortable putting out to many hints if they're not sure what information we're going to be able to figure out from them.

When the Aether foundation was revealed a lot of people on here immediately knew that they were actually the bad guys (it was slightly more nuanced then that mind you).

Heck when Sylveon was revealed some people on these forms figured out A. That it was a new type and B. That new type was called Fairy.

Just recently the pixelated picture was easily determined to be Sir'feched. And we even figueres out Rotom was responsible before it was revealed.

We might be to smart for our own good.

I get confused on what the ‘good’ leak is. I recall the one before the Dynamax and WA trailer that referred to the former and camping, as well as Charizard having a Gigantamax form, but I’m likely wrong,

Anyway, my conviction is based on the fast that Charizard is Leon’s ace, mostly, but we’ll see how it goes.
Yeah it’s easy to lose track of them. The first post on this thread lists all the confirmed leaks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom