• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does shiny Cinderace look like? Shiny Hatterene? Shiny Polteageist?

Not really a chimera, google chimera mythical, see the images and you’ll know what I mean lol. And don’t worry Primarina is perfection. I just want a mermaid that looks like actual mermaid, half human - half fish.
Don't you think there's should be some sort of compromise in what you wish? They cannot just design a mermaid and call it a pokemon. An half human pokemon is probably something they'll never do. Primarina half body is already quite humanoid. I think that's the closest they can get to the design you are asking for.

I kinda regret spoiling myself. It’s sad that I never experienced playing the game blindly, and as much as I tried avoiding spoilers, I just couldn’t resist.

Tbh my excitement for the games has reduced a little :(

I had myself convinced that I was gonna do an actual discovery run this Gen. I was convinced all the way up to the time it started leaking, then I didn't resist at all.

I don't regret it, though. I love the excitement of the pokémon being revealed. And I haven't lost any of my excitment, personally. I am so stoked to get to play these games!

Don't you think there's should be some sort of compromise in what you wish? They cannot just design a mermaid and call it a pokemon. An half human pokemon is probably something they'll never do. Primarina half body is already quite humanoid. I think that's the closest they can get to the design you are asking for.
Maybe. I get what you mean and I don’t actually like humanoid Pokémon at all but I still feel we need more mermaids. Primarina wasn’t enough and she looks more of a seal . Check these out for example 127906 127907

I kinda regret spoiling myself. It’s sad that I never experienced playing the game blindly, and as much as I tried avoiding spoilers, I just couldn’t resist. :(

I don't mind personally. Maybe I could have stayed away initially but I know as soon as I discovered a new Pokemon I'd be on Serebii to see what it evolved into anyway.

Also I know I would have been kicking myself if Yamask or Clobbopus were late game and by the time I discovered them it would be too late to add them to my team. This way I get both the excitement of seeing it for the first time AND the ability to add them to my team when I play the game.

I initially wanted to do a mostly blind run of the game, limiting myself to starters and boxart legendaries. I mean, all those you see in your first 5 minutes of playing usually. But then the Dexit was announced, which really turned me off the games, and now I'm still not sure if I'll even get the game. I hoped seeing the Dex would sway me one way or another, but not really. I still don't know why I should get the game, other than because it's Pokemon. Especially now the price of the games has increased, being on the Switch, and GF making some questionable design choices in the past few years. In terms of gameplay, that is.

New Pokemon do def help in my decision, and what I've see so far I mostly think is nice. I just hope we'll find out more about the version exclusives and post-game activities soon

I kinda regret spoiling myself. It’s sad that I never experienced playing the game blindly, and as much as I tried avoiding spoilers, I just couldn’t resist. :(

on the bright side, getting to see all the new pokemon in-motion should still be exciting and something to look forward to !

Hey, guys! I've been gone for some time, but I'm back now! What did I miii.... What the heck?! 100+ new pages?!?! WHAT THE HECK DID I MISS?!?!?! I was gone for about 2 days and there's already over 100 new pages? I mean, I know that the entire dex has basically leaked! And then there's also the map. And all of the Gym Leaders and their League Cards. And some other characters. And some story bits. And... actually, now that I'm listing all of the leaked stuff, it actually kind of makes sense that we've gone over 100 new pages, but still... Wow!

So, before this becomes even more irrelevant than it (probably) already is, here's my opinion on some of the new Pokémon:

Toxtricity: I love it! I really dig the design (since I'm a big lizard fan and that design is very lizard-like (even though I know it's supposed to be an amphibian)). And it also has a unique type. Plus, purple is my favorite color (and yellow is my second favorite).
The Applin line: It took some getting used to, but I've actually come to like them a little more. Plus, Appletun looks dorky enough to be adorable in my book.
The Dreepy line: Pretty interesting, though I'll need some more time to get used to. But I'm a Dragon fan, so of course it's gonna grow on me eventually (just like Applin did). Also, nice to see another jet-inspired Pokémon. Now Garchomp has a new friend (or, at least, it would have one if it were in the game :mad:).
The Fossil Pokémon: Hoo boy, where do I even begin. Okay, so, while I do find the concept of combining fossil and getting hybrid Pokémon very interesting, execution wise, those guys are very disappointing. Don't get me wrong, those design are alright for a regular Pokémon, but as Fossil Pokémon... they just don't look like one (not to mention that they're even missing the iconic Rock-type). If it weren't for the fact that the leakers confirmed them to be this Gen's fossils, I wouldn't have even realized that they're our new fossil-mon.
Boltund: pretty cool evolution and it actually managed to make Yamper more likable for me.
Frosmoth: It's elegant! It's magnificent! It's majestic!
I also quite like Centiskorch and Grapploct. Pretty interesting designs.

Other than those, I don't really have that strong of an opinion regarding the rest. They're either meh or uninteresting or even downright weird (I'm looking at you, you Charlie Chaplin-esque M.r Mime).

Other than those, I don't really have that strong of an opinion regarding the rest. They're either meh or uninteresting or even downright weird (I'm looking at you, you Charlie Chaplin-esque M.r Mime).

It gets weirder when you realize Mr. Rime could work two different ways like this person did.

Flapple needs disquise. That stonejourner could be fairy/ ground or rock or ghost?

Darmanitan? Checked zen or other mode and typing?

Centiskorch dry skin. Grimsnarl needs flash fire hobgoblin , green goblin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom