• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine this argument with any other purchase.
"Form your own opinion about this car by driving it yourself. Why else do you buy a car? To have transportation. If you're worried about money you shouldn't be buying a car to begin with."

And do you genuinely think there's absolutely no way for people to enjoy these games? If not why are you and anybody here to talk about it?

Literally all I said was "Get direct information about the game before you buy it".
If someone's concerned about the game, I think looking at gameplay footage is a better option than spending 60$ on something you're not sure about.
I never said anything about not enjoying the game-in fact, you can look through plenty of my posts over the past few days and see I've been saying positive things about what we've had revealed.
Honestly, I kinda like that contrast. The natural locations get a whimsical feel to them, while the industrial ones get standardized and stripped to basics. It kinda sets the tone for their atmospheres.
That Screen Cleaner ability will be fun!
I get the fear but I see nothing but delightful entries, personally.
"These weak infants will team up and make each other cool and strong"
"This Pokemon HAS to take care of a baby. Please be its baby?"
"These kids love to get YEETED out of this grownup lmao epic"
I like most of the designs
While I know the issue bothers me, I'm kinda distracted by the adorableness of a tiny eldritch being asking for a snack.

Me when I see a notification for this thread: View attachment 128261
Me when I see the argument that happened: View attachment 128262
And yet, you liked Knightwolf's post telling me to shut up.

People are overwhelmingly positive here, I'd say, with only the occasional negative comment. Lots of people posted their teams, plenty have posted their favorites, and there's still continuing positive discussion about the new Pokemon.

Can't wait to find Hattena.

Havent seen the streams, are these games like XY where the game looks unfinished or just like Gen7-LGPE where its more unpolished?

I'm hoping that the dock/chinchou BG is just an odd one out and not the norm, cause that would definitely be disappointing. Even now a lot of things can be fairly easily 'fixed' with updated versions, I'd still rather not have it need to be altered in the first place

Oh yeah, I definitely can't stand the very unnecessary negativity. I won't say these games are flawless, but even the tiniest things get blown out of proportion on other social mediums like Twitter and 4chan. I still can't post about being hyped for SwSh on them without being called a corporate shill, and it's been months since that started.

I love all the positivity that I see on BulbaForums though. The wide support and excitement for the games really make me happy, and I am so excited for them to come out in just 5 days!

Oh yeah, I definitely can't stand the very unnecessary negativity. I won't say these games are flawless, but even the tiniest things get blown out of proportion on other social mediums like Twitter and 4chan. I still can't post about being hyped for SwSh on them without being called a corporate shill, and it's been months since that started.
More reasons why I think I dodged a bullet by using this as my sole social media site.

honestly I cant believe the negativity surrounding these games

its honestly super depressing

everyone is entitled to their opinions but when did everyone become so overwhelmingly toxic and negative?

im just here to enjoy pokemon and have fun
I would say that some criticism is good and just because some people don't like something doesn't mean they're being toxic.
You can't always create a game that lacks something just because you don't have enough time. I was expecting a better postgame than x/y, more difficulty during the main plot, a more complex experience...They made Gigamax, but they also made Megas in the past. They made new pokemon and galarian forms, but they made new pokemon and alola forms in the past. Gyms are basically the same, it's just the graphical part that changed. There's been a battle tower in the past. There have been multiple rivals in the past. If it's the switch to the Switch that took so much time, why do the graphics look like that?
Wild area apart, what makes these games so different from the others? What, in your opinion, has improved that much to justify what we didn't get compared to the past? Because as I always say, I can understand they had to leave something behind but what we actually got in return?

honestly I cant believe the negativity surrounding these games

its honestly super depressing

everyone is entitled to their opinions but when did everyone become so overwhelmingly toxic and negative?

im just here to enjoy pokemon and have fun
Are people really this surprised? The series has been stagnating for a while now, so when it was announced that gen 8 was going to be on a console, people were setting themselves up for something big.
I know that in retrospect it was a pipedream, but after Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Oddesy, can you really blame people for setting high expectations for SwSh? This was GameFreak's biggest chance to set at ease this rising tension from fans who have felt the last few sets of games where lacking in some way. Especially after they themselves stated that gen 8 was going to be geared more towards veteran fans after the minor backlash from Let's Go.
This huge wave was bound to happen, it's just that GameFreak more or less prodded the beast and didn't really have a way to satiate it when it roared.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here, internet culture has become more and more volatile this last decade. Hell, even the counter position from Dexit has been pretty toxic in its own right.
Let's not act like #ThankYouGameFreak doesn't have any thin veils of spite and pettiness towards the people that criticizing SwSh. It's there if you don't want to believe it.

The indoor battle backgrounds being blank and that chinchou encounter are my first actual gripes with the game (aside from us getting less than 100 new pokemon :`( )

These are mainly gripes because they're pretty immersion breaking. I looked at some of the stream gameplay, as I suspected, the "linearity" thing was blown out of proportion. It just looks like a pokemon game, as usual. But that battle transition is insanelyyyy jarring lol. I hope that was a bug, or only for that area, because yikes

You're not toxic for having high standards, but you set yourself up for disappointment and negativity easily. In other words you kill your own fun

That's like saying, " 'Fun' has no standards at all"

And by the way, I'm having lots of fun anyways about watching this pridigament gamefreak is having - And it is making me appeciate the hard work that was done in games that did have high standards in the first place. Thus I'm having more fun playing those high-quality games instead.

You're not toxic for having high standards, but you set yourself up for disappointment and negativity easily. In other words you kill your own fun
Can we please stop saying stuff like this? It's like a pokemon game cannot be that good to reach the expectations and I think it's quite disrespectful towards the developpers.

Just saw a picture of shiny scorbunny. White becomes light yellow, dark orange becomes light blue and light orange becomes dark blue.

Can we please stop saying stuff like this? It's like a pokemon game cannot be that good to reach the expectations and I think it's quite disrespectful towards the developpers.
Like saying a game doesn't meet your personal standards isn't slightly disrespectful?

Just saw a picture of shiny scorbunny. White becomes light yellow, dark orange becomes light blue and light orange becomes dark blue.
Huh, weird color choice

Is the game being datamined or should the Leakers be going out and buying lottery tickets?!
I swear between this and the shiny Impidimp, I'm honestly starting to think that shiny rates were messed with this gen... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom