• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorbunny knowing Fighting-type moves (such as Double Kick) does not mean that it will become Fighting-type.

It's also the fact it's fighting style also focus on kicks, due to the fact it heats up his feet. Even when you see Scorbunny using Flame Charge, it it runs to the opponent and kicks it.

I hope the leak is true only because i want another lion pokemon lol
but yeah.. 90% fake
even the chinese leaker didn't post everything

It's also the fact it's fighting style also focus on kicks, due to the fact it heats up his feet. Even when you see Scorbunny using Flame Charge, it it runs to the opponent and kicks it.
The Dynamax leak said Raboot used a lot of Fighting moves despite pure Fire, and said the third evo outright looked like a fighter, so I think things are looking a bit grim on that front

The Dynamax leak said Raboot used a lot of Fighting moves despite pure Fire, and said the third evo outright looked like a fighter, so I think things are looking a bit grim on that front
However, looking like a fighter does not mean that it would become a Fighting type, as many Pokemon can attest to this, like Electivire and Incineroar.

Duraludon, supposedly the rival of Tyranitar, evolves twice? If it isn't fake, I'd be annoyed.

However, looking like a fighter does not mean that it would become a Fighting type, as many Pokemon can attest to this, like Electivire and Incineroar.
Well you also have to look into the traits of a pokemon that determines Fighting type. In example of Incineroar peoplethink it's looks fighting cause it's a wrestler, but what gave it the Dark typing is his vicious personality, as well as the heel wrestler theme. And most of the Firefighters are determined based on knowing a martial art and are skilled in combat or are at peak physical status. Since Scorbunny seems to have these traits as well, at least so far, the Fighting type seems to be the logical route currently.

Well you also have to look into the traits of a pokemon that determines Fighting type. In example of Incineroar peoplethink it's looks fighting cause it's a wrestler, but what gave it the Dark typing is his vicious personality, as well as the heel wrestler theme. And most of the Firefighters are determined based on knowing a martial art and are skilled in combat. Since Scorbunny seems to have these traits as well, at least so far, the Fighting type seems to be the logical route currently.
Sounds great until you remember that Scorbunny doesn't fit that criterium as a soccer/futbol player

Sounds great until you remember that Scorbunny doesn't fit that criterium as a soccer/futbol player
It kind of does still. Even if soccer players aren't skilled in combat they still have high physical status and ability, which fits the criterium of fighting. Look at Passimian

I know it isn't real, but man if it does turn out to be true I would not be upset.

It kind of does still. Even if soccer players aren't skilled in combat they still have high physical status and ability, which fits the criterium of fighting. Look at Passimian
Fighting type is related to thematically martial discipline and valorous combat (as opposed to the Dark type's evil, and underhanded combat). I'd argue that Passimian's typing shouldn't be Fighting either, because sports are not all martial arts, but at least rugby employs aspects of wrestling (which is a martial art) - with a highly regulated ruleset. So Passimian gets a pass. Soccer does not employ any aspects of wrestling. Scorbunny, as a soccer player, does not immediately thematically fit into the Fighting type.

Oh, I completely missed the image leak. I'm calling fake solely on the fact that there's that damn Ice/Dragon again - that kind of blatant borrowing from other leaks are deconfirmations on their own. Also, there's no way Duraludon is going evolve twice and not be the pseudo - it looks fully-evolved in the first place. All that said, I'm curious if it was posted around today. If it called Rolycoly, Duraludon, etc before the 8th, then suddenly it becomes a lot more credible.

Fighting type is related to thematically martial discipline and valorous combat (as opposed to the Dark type's evil, and underhanded combat). I'd argue that Passimian's typing shouldn't be Fighting either, because sports are not all martial arts, but at least rugby employs aspects of wrestling (which is a martial art) - with a highly regulated ruleset. So Passimian gets a pass. Soccer does not employ any aspects of wrestling. Scorbunny, as a soccer player, does not immediately thematically fit into the Fighting type.
Then you also have pokemon like Bewear who's just physically strong yet is based off a costume characters, or Conkeldurr who are based off bodybuilders...I think. Or even Buzzwole who's whole schitck is being buff. So yeah I believe physical condition does help determine

So I'm confused... is that image leak claiming that Scorbunny is a soccer player? I can't quite make it out.

If that's the case, then yeah- if Scorbunny's final evo looked like a soccer player, I'm sure that the Dynamax leak wouldn't have said that it looks like a fighter. Soccer players don't look like fighters. I don't care what type it is, they're just not fighters.

I hope the leak is true only because i want another lion pokemon lol
but yeah.. 90% fake
even the chinese leaker didn't post everything

Thats another one that makes me doubt the credibility. Can they make it different enough from Pyroar (I doubt it). Same with the Crocodile on the leak. The only way i can see a crocodile-like mon, is if we get a Gharial, since that one is different enough from Alligators (Feraligatr) and Crocodiles (Krookodile).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom