• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
last few pages since I last posted I've seen A LOT of people saying "x pokemon was cut" and it's starting to grind on my pedantic soul.

No pokemon have been 'cut'. Cut implies removed completely. These pokemon still exist. They're just not available to use in Galar. Every monster raising game does this in some shape or form. Gamefreak has just been spoiling us for years and now that they've finally realized they can't keep doing that forever they've decided to stop giving us treats.

last few pages since I last posted I've seen A LOT of people saying "x pokemon was cut" and it's starting to grind on my pedantic soul.

No pokemon have been 'cut'. Cut implies removed completely. These pokemon still exist. They're just not available to use in Galar. Every monster raising game does this in some shape or form. Gamefreak has just been spoiling us for years and now that they've finally realized they can't keep doing that forever they've decided to stop giving us treats.

True. I realize cutting the Dex was inevitable; if not now, it would have happened later. But having only 400 Pokémon (and the Pokedex they chose not being that great, imo) is a real hype killer, especially alongside some of the other stuff that’s been said.

By the way, is it just me, or has your attitude towards SWSH significant shifted? Not trying to insult you; I’m just curious.

True. I realize cutting the Dex was inevitable; if not now, it would have happened later. But having only 400 Pokémon (and the Pokedex they chose not being that great, imo) is a real hype killer, especially alongside some of the other stuff that’s been said.

By the way, is it just me, or has your attitude towards SWSH significant shifted? Not trying to insult you; I’m just curious.
Shifted in what way? I can't really recall being heavily against Sword/Shield, I just had a lot of concerns about certain things. After seeing all these new pokemon I'm very excited for the games to come out since the pokemon are the most important part of the game for me. The only thing I've absolutely hated so far is the online subscription requirement. And I'll never not hate that.

(Also as a note, I'm on the autism spectrum and my brain has a habit of easily changing opinions right after something new occurs.)

Trying to piece together the guide book pages to see who's been ruled out... turning out to be trickier than I thought.

Alcremie/Applin line seem to cover the first two pages.
Probably No G-max: Abomasnow, Accelgor, Aegislash

Butterfree/Centiskorch share a page. (Left side.)
No G-max: N/A. There's no one alphabetically between these two.
Here's the tricky part.
Charizard, Coalossal, Corviknight and Drednaw should be somewhere in this area.
Based on the stripes on the page, Coalossal is on the righthand side, so most likely...

Charizard/Coalossal (Right side.)

Probably No G-max: Chandelure, Cherrim, Cinccino, Cinderace, Claydol, Clefable, Cloyster​

Problem is, this still leaves a two page gap for just Corviknight and Drednaw.
One or two more pokemon are bound to be on those pages.
Might Have G-Max:​
Cofagrigus, Conkledurr, Copperajah, Cramorant, Crawdaunt, Crustle, Cursola, Darmanitan, Delibird, Dhelmise, Diggersby, Ditto, Dracovish, Dracozolt, Dragapult, Drampa, Drapion, Drifblim, Dubwool, Dugtrio, Duraludon, Durant, Dusknoir​
(But let's be honest, we can rule out Ditto and the mix-and-match fossils.)​

Eevee/Garbodor share a page. (Left side.)
No G-max: Eiscue, Eldegoss, Escavalier, Eternatus, Excadrill, Falinks, Ferrothorn, Flapple, Flygon, Froslass, Frosmoth, Gallade, Galvantula
Grimmsnarl(?) seems to get a full page to itself. (Right side.)
Not going to bother ruling anyone out since it's so blurry that I can't tell if it even is Grimmsnarl.

Hatterene/Kingler share a page. (Left.)
Lapras/Machamp share the next page. (Right.)
No G-max:
Hawlucha, Haxorus, Heatmor, Heliolisk, Hippowdon, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Hydreigon, Indeedee, Intelleon, Jellicent, Klinklang, Kommo-o, Lanturn, Liepard, Lucario, Ludicolo, Lunatone

And we didn't get any pages after Machamp, so everything else is fair game.

Last edited:
Trying to piece together the guide book pages to see who's been ruled out... turning out to be trickier than I thought.

Here's the tricky part.
Based on the stripes on the page, Coalossal is on the righthand side, so most likely...

Probably No G-max: Chandelure, Cherrim, Cinccino, Cinderace, Claydol, Clefable, Cloyster​

Cofagrigus, Cokledurr, Copperajah, Cramorant, Crawdaunt, Crustle, Cursola, Darmanitan, Delibird, Dhelmise, Diggersby, Ditto, Dracovish, Dracozolt, Dragapult, Drampa, Drapion, Drifblim, Dubwool, Dugtrio, Duraludon, Durant, Dusknoir​

No G-max: Eiscue, Eldegoss, Escavalier, Eternatus, Excadrill, Falinks, Ferrothorn, Flapple, Flygon, Froslass, Frosmoth, Gallade, Galvantula
Not going to bother ruling anyone out since it's so blurry that I can't tell if it even is Grimmsnarl.

No G-max:
Hawlucha, Haxorus, Heatmor, Heliolisk, Hippowdon, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Hydreigon, Indeedee, Intelleon, Jellicent, Klinklang, Kommo-o, Lanturn, Liepard, Lucario, Ludicolo, Lunatone

I'm still hoping the starters have their own section or something, cause that's just an injustice

Here's the tricky part.

Cofagrigus, Conkledurr, Copperajah, Cramorant, Crawdaunt, Crustle, Cursola, Darmanitan, Delibird, Dhelmise, Diggersby, Ditto, Dracovish, Dracozolt, Dragapult, Drampa, Drapion, Drifblim, Dubwool, Dugtrio, Duraludon, Durant, Dusknoir​

No G-max:

you are amazing thank you <3

sad that the moth is out.

how many more gigas are we getting?

I'm still hoping the starters have their own section or something, cause that's just an injustice
Yeah, I guess... but starters didn't get megas in X/Y either, so it wouldn't surprise me if they missed out on the big mechanic this time around too.

Probably worth noting that Eternatus also should have been between Eevee and Garbodor if its alternate form really was a Gigantamax, though.

you are amazing thank you <3

sad that the moth is out.

how many more gigas are we getting?
Who knows. D= The strategy guide leaker quit halfway and we're still without a datamine.

Here's the tricky part.

No G-max:

Are there some Pokemon between Appletun and Butterfree that could have a gigantamax? The ones I'm talking about are Araquanid, Arcanine, Aromatisse, Avalugg, Beeheeyem, Beartic, Barbaracle, Basculin, Bellossom, Bewear, Bisharp, Braviary and Bronzong.

(When I started typing that list I didn't realize there'd be so many Pokemon between them that got into Galar!)

I guess there's no way of knowing that though, but its fun to speculate at least.

This is really interesting by the way, thanks for doing this!

What "chance"? They had as much of a "chance" here as they did last gen (where they didn't make one) and the gen before (where they did), which is to say, they had a team of artists ready to draw and Pokédex slots that needed filling. That's the only "chance" they need. The question is whether they have a particularly good idea for one at any given time, and there's no way to predict creativity.
Gen 7 didn't introduce a new evolution method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom