• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware, Gen 7 didn't have anything too crazy before the datamining besides the Starter's final evolutions.
If anything, the whole dex leak was more or less GameFreak's fault for accidentally including the Shiney models of all of the Gen 7 Pokemon in the demo.

Who is saying this? Because from my understanding there's two camps that get review copies:

News outlets like IGN, Kotaku, Polygon, Eurogamer, Game Informer, ETC.

And

YouTubers that review/cover Nintendo games.

If it's the latter, then yeah, they shouldn't really get them and should pretty much wait like the rest of us. But if the news outlets aren't getting them...then that seems a little...excessive?

Also weren't the review copies out already?

I admit I’m confused, too. The damage is already done, after all.

Though, I feel like this whole situation is going to affect future games and releases…
Tbh I really hope they do something extreme to prevent any leak in the future. :/ that's the only way I can experience surprises and not spoil myself like I always do.

I mean I cannot really blame Nintendo for being pissy about what happened, and I’m also not surprised they pulled it from other countries. I suspected as much after they pulled review copies from Australia. I am curious if they have have something hidden in the game though. Something that might be in the datamine? Although I did see a lot of smash reviews were pulled last year too so who knows.

Actually a lot of places are receiving emails about them pulling review copies. And even if they have the games if Nintendo says no they can’t post them. You can find articles about it everywhere. One was posted 3 hours ago, and the Australian magazine writer (at least I think that’s who it was) flat out said they would not be receiving any.

Ah I am obsessed with Hattena. It reminds me of Ralts. But now I have like 3 Psychics and 3 Fairies in my team lol

Just LOOK at them <3

Is the datamine even going to come out before the 15th?

Not that it is really needed as much anymore with all the designs and typings spoilt. B
No way that we would know if one is going to come out pre-release or not. Depends on if our dataminers can manage to get their hands on one.

We do still have plenty use for one, though- hidden abilities, shiny forms, whether or not regular or Alolan forms made it into the game for all of the Galarian variants. Mythicals, if they haven't finally outsmarted us with DLC. Complete lists of new moves, abilities, TMs...

Though, I feel like this whole situation is going to affect future games and releases…
Well, we haven't gotten our datamine yet, so I'd say that the damage isn't fully done at this point. There still might be Gmax forms we haven't seen and definitely some Mythicals are missing. Plus datamine can leak the whole story more easily and effectively than our playthrough leakers.

Kind of a shame for those news outlets not getting their copies, though.

Datamine.
as for future games and releases, I wonder if they will make Launch digital only and save the physical copies for later. it seems to be the physical copies that are used for leaks. And I don't see them getting rid of physicals. (I would be so annoyed if they ever do)

Lets just say before the leaks i really ( and for the first time since i started playing pokemon) was considering skipping these games! The marketing was meh, the revealed pokemon were not doing it for me. The leaks gave me soooo much hype that I literally can’ Wait. The leaks actually make u wonder, why was Nintendo marketing like this? I get the whole compensating for SM but still?
What I am trying to say is, they should be happy for the leaks...as they hyped ppl up. Literally free marketing.

Holy frass, Centiskorch and Frosmoth have great stats! Orbeetle might actually have pretty good stats, too; the one we've seen is at a much lower level than Frosmoth and Centiskorch (it's at level 47, the other two are in their mid-60's) and has a nature that decreases Speed, so it's probably got pretty solid speed with a neutral or beneficial nature. It might be a pretty good Calm Mind user, honestly; I just hope it gets a better ability than Swarm. Even then, its special attack is decent enough that, combined with its defenses, it might end up being the first genuinely good early game bug since Scolipede. And, unlike Scolipede, it didn't need to wait a generation for a better Hidden Ability and an Attack buff.

Datamine.
as for future games and releases, I wonder if they will make Launch digital only and save the physical copies for later. it seems to be the physical copies that are used for leaks. And I don't see them getting rid of physicals. (I would be so annoyed if they ever do)
That seems to needlessly complicated.

Also the moment the full download stops on launch day you know someone will datamine the digital copies immediately if the demos are anything to go by. So it's not actually stopping the leaks. It's just postponing them until the last minute.

Even if just the review copies are digital next time. The most that will do would just make it easier to track down who's leaking stuff. People with questionalble morals will still leak the game.

I feel like this whole thing is Nintendo's fault again. Like I said, they're the ones that send out review copies to pretty much any YouTuber that covers their games. They need to stop doing that and only sending out copies to actual reviewers bound by the watchful eye of the parent company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom