• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

leak thread

She's heavily involved in the Delta Episode arc of the game.

That is Mega Hoopa? Quite the... different design

It's a form called Unbound Hoopa (the original Hoopa is called Contained iirc). It requires a Key Item called the Prison Bottle to change forms.

More images for anyone who wants to see more of it:

http://i.********/vp/1416512938158.jpg

http://i.********/vp/1416528660062.png

The more I see of it the more LoZ-esque it looks to me.
I see. I know nothing about the Delta Episode.

As for Hoopa, that is definitely a design that appeals to me, although it would look better without the ridiculous Reshiram-esque crotch.

Don't get excited for Contrary Serperior, it isn't in the game. (Why is no one listening to me.)

Shh.

And I don't think it's been mentioned, but Kyurem will appear if you have Reshiram and Zekrom in your game (confirmed by Serebii). Ho-oh and Lugia together unlock the legendary gerbils. Legendary Pixies -> Palkia/Dialga. Giratina obtained with both, as expected.

Have to say, I'm not really a fan of this mechanic. Even if you do borrow, say, Reshiram from a friend, after you trade it back you end up with Zekrom and Kyurem which is just an awkward duo.

Last edited:
Thankfully I have every legend in existence from gen 4-6, so all I really need to do is just trade em over to ORAS, unless I need the bank, in which I'm screwed.

Have to say, I'm not really a fan of this mechanic. Even if you do borrow, say, Reshiram from a friend, after you trade it back you end up with Zekrom and Kyurem which is just an awkward duo.
You say this as if it didn't already happen in the Unova games. Not the trading part (although it was the case for the Kami trio), but Zekrom and Reshiram were never obtainable in a single version.

You say this as if it didn't already happen in the Unova games. Not the trading part (although it was the case for the Kami trio), but Zekrom and Reshiram were never obtainable in a single version.

It just feels different. In White, Zekrom was the box mascot and then Kyurem just came later. They were separate entities. In ORAS, they're all irrelevant to the plot, so it's more like collecting a set. Likewise I didn't have a problem with only Kyogre and that random dragon in the tower in Sapphire, but missing out on Groudon in HGSS really irked me.

I also think it's a bit worse because in order to get Kyurem you briefly need Reshiram. So you actually have a complete set for a fleeting moment, only for it to be ripped away from you by the forces of honesty and friendship.

It's just different, okay? >>

Been Watching Youtube. A few things that are confirmed is just like like the AZ post-credits battle of XY, your rival will have one with you and the final evolution of their Starter Pokemon CAN Mega Evolve. Also I confirmed what Serebii said about the Johto Starters is true which is done in the same way as how the Hoenn starters are handled but this time with a Shroomish chasing Prof. Birch.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6OuB1QALds&list=UU0A_Jk_KqFcwnEBtyNqolsA]

In addition there are only 9 new Pokemon added to the Hoenn Dex, all Gen. IV upgrades. Everything up to Gardevior is the same as before. Starting from Gallade is where it gets different.

From Serebii.

To get Regigigas, you need to do the following
Capture all three Regis
Have it be daytime. If night, it won't work.
Bring all three Regis to Island Cave
Have Regice hold the Castelia Cone (You can get Castelia Cone either in the Trick House (with all other regional delicacies including Shalour Sable) or by showing Regice to a girl in Mauville Hills) *
Have Regice have a nickname, only Regice needs it.

*Nevermelt Ice can work as well.

From Serebii.

To get Regigigas, you need to do the following
Capture all three Regis
Have it be daytime. If night, it won't work.
Bring all three Regis to Island Cave
Have Regice hold the Castelia Cone (You can get Castelia Cone either in the Trick House (with all other regional delicacies including Shalour Sable) or by showing Regice to a girl in Mauville Hills) *
Have Regice have a nickname, only Regice needs it.

*Nevermelt Ice can work as well.

That's an awfully convoluted method of obtaining a Pokemon. Are you sure this is real?
regice official best regi confirmed

To get Regigigas, you need to do the following...
Have Regice hold the Castelia Cone (You can get Castelia Cone either in the Trick House (with all other regional delicacies including Shalour Sable) or by showing Regice to a girl in Mauville Hills)

Well I suppose this makes sense. That colossal lug must be starving after all that sleep.

I know I'm always hungry when I wake up from a nap.

^ But ice-cream? Frankly if I was an ancient being waking from my slumber, I'd want something much more filling than an ice-cream cone.

Huh, according to Serebii, you get a certificate for bringing over a mon from the originals and talking to the game director.

Guess I was right about there being some sort of thing unlocked by bringing over a mon caught in the originals.
Watch it be just one of many certificates with every mon in the old Hoenn dex. Just kidding though, I mean it could just be a one time thing.

Did anyone ever find out if Mirage Island is in the game or not?

Other than that thought, are there still Wynaut and that one Liechi Berry?

No... Well, there might be a version, for old times sake, but it changes. As Pyro said, one version has the fossils. Other versions have rare items like Deep Sea Tooths and the like. Liechi isn't rare anymore.

I'm wondering if there's still Pokemon hiding in the games. By my count we've found 477 Pokemon between the two games. That is utterly paltry for a 6th gen game. It's even slightly less than what he had in BW2, and that's not even counting DW Pokemon. Either there's not a lot of Pokemon in this game or we're missing a ton of them.

I'm wondering if there's still Pokemon hiding in the games. By my count we've found 477 Pokemon between the two games. That is utterly paltry for a 6th gen game. It's even slightly less than what he had in BW2, and that's not even counting DW Pokemon. Either there's not a lot of Pokemon in this game or we're missing a ton of them.

Hoenn didn't have many to begin with and there are only so many Pokemon you can add before resorting to weird methods like Dongle. They just took Hoenn and added every Pokemon that wasn't in Kalos, plus a few more. 477 sounds right.

Hoenn didn't have many to begin with and there are only so many Pokemon you can add before resorting to weird methods like Dongle. They just took Hoenn and added every Pokemon that wasn't in Kalos, plus a few more. 477 sounds right.

Statistically, it really doesn't. Regional dexes have absolutely nothing to do with the total number of Pokemon, we've had some games with tons more post game Pokemon than others. What we have seen is that most games usually have around 80-90% of the National Dex available. ORAS only has 66%. There's a lot less Pokemon than usual in this game.

And "weird methods" is fairly subjective, but I'd rather have them available through "weird methods" than not have them at all.

Last edited:

Statistically, it really doesn't. Regional dexes have absolutely nothing to do with the total number of Pokemon, we've had some games with tons more post game Pokemon than others. What we have seen is that most games usually have around 80-90% of the National Dex available. ORAS only has 66%. There's a lot less Pokemon than usual in this game.

And "weird methods" is fairly subjective, but I'd rather have them available through "weird methods" than not have them at all.

Did Kalos have 80-90%? That's 615 pokemon, which seems like too much to me.

Back
Top Bottom