• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaked CoroCoro photos reveal information on new giveaway: Oak's Letter and Shiny Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leaked CoroCoro photos reveal information on new giveaway: Oak's Letter and Shiny

You seem to have missed this. Last Wi-Fi event was for the Member's Card and Secret Key and was for Platinum only. But if it's over Wi-Fi, and it's Platinum only, what's stopping players of English Platinum from getting it?

Anyway Flapjack, you're not making a lot of sense. You have no idea what a shiny Pokémon is, nor the three event items? Seriously?

Re: Leaked CoroCoro photos reveal information on new giveaway: Oak's Letter and Shiny

You seem to have missed this. Last Wi-Fi event was for the Member's Card and Secret Key and was for Platinum only. But if it's over Wi-Fi, and it's Platinum only, what's stopping players of English Platinum from getting it?

Anyway Flapjack, you're not making a lot of sense. You have no idea what a shiny Pokémon is, nor the three event items? Seriously?

I do know what a shiny Pokemon is. It's a Pokemon that sparkles. I mean the Shiny Pic. I've never heard of such a shiny.

Pichu?

If that's the case then, then I guess Pic must be short for Pichu. I thought Pic meant like picture or something. That's where I was confused on.

I do know what a shiny Pokemon is. It's a Pokemon that sparkles. I mean the Shiny Pic. I've never heard of such a shiny.

The title gets cut off when its too long.

The title gets cut off when its too long.

Yeah, when I tried to make a title on here that was long, it was too long and it got too off, but then I canceled and aborted making the topic. Now I now what this title is really suppose to say.

"Leaked CoroCoro photos reveal information on new giveaways: Oak's Letter and Shiny Pichu

The official English site proves that we'll be getting the same leaflets that Japan got about the Rotom forms. Since I seriously doubt they would advertise a Toys R Us/GameStop/etc.-only event in a game that can be bought in so many other stores, I can only assume that the Mystery Key will be released on Wifi just as it was in Japan.

Now whether this will open the door for the Shaymin/Darkrai events is questionable, although it's entirely possible, especially considering that Shaymin is getting just as much coverage on the main site.

TTEchidna said:
Last Wi-Fi event was for the Member's Card and Secret Key and was for Platinum only. But if it's over Wi-Fi, and it's Platinum only, what's stopping players of English Platinum from getting it?
The same factor that prevents anyone going to a Pokémon Center in Japan with an American cartridge from downloading an event Pokémon. Either the Wonder Card data is incompatible, or there are discrepancies in the frequencies being used for the transmission.

Having said that, PUSA will almost certainly hold the same Wi-Fi events as Japan's over time. If they bothered to do so for the Mystery Dungeon 2 and Ranger 2 games, why not here?

hmm..

Europe and Australia never get anything. No event pokemon. Not fair.

we got darkrai last year...

The Pichu preorder gift was officially announced in today's episode of Pokemon Sunday.

You know? Events mostly usually happen in Japan first before anyone else has the events. It has always been this way since 2007 with the Darkrai event on July 14, a week after my 16th birthday, with Movie Passes for those who flew to Japan or live in Japan to go see the Darkrai Movie. Then the event came out in the U.S. so we were starting to being able to obtain Darkrai legitly. Then the Shaymin event a year later in Japan. So then again, if those events occured in Japan first and since Japan is on this planet on some part of the Earth West of the International Dateline and from where I live, regardless, it is more likely that unprecedented Wi-Fi event will be available in just Japan first and then spread to all players of Platinum a year later, or within the next year. Trust me on this. To acquire legitly the Oak's Letter and Shiny Pic, without having to use Action Replay or Gameshark to use the codes to hack it since I heard about a lot of hacked Pokes and items on Serebii, I'm assuming the Oak's Letter was one of them. Trust me. What's the Shiny Pic? I get what the Oak's Letter is since I've been exposed to it before playing Red, Blue, Yellow, though I never actually got through all the games, but I don't get what Shiny Pics are.

Also looking at the topic, does that mean they're going to start having shiny events? I know they've been banned somewhere on Wifi Chat there, because most shiny legendaries are hacked and you can't acquire them at the least legitly like Shiny Mew for example. It's probably hacked.

Shiny Pichu. The entire name wasn't able to fit.

Oops. I didn't see that someone already answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom