• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

That's not true at all. The stat distribution is everything in this case. They function as two completely different Pokemon. That would be like saying Scizor is redundant because it doesn't gain and BST after evolving. And as @Oriden mentioned, that fact that Porygon2 can evolve and therefore use eviolite means the world to it. If the stats were the other way around, where a high-attack/low-defense Pokemon evolved into a bulky staller, they would both be a lot worse off.

So anyway, the point of all this is not really about Porygon2. It's just to show that a Pokemon like Ursaring COULD evolve if they wanted it to, the fact that it has a high-ish BST means nothing. Hell, they could even make its evolution have less BST if it made sense for some thematic reason.

But having said that, do I think they'll give it an evolution? No, I do not. I just think it's not out of the realm of possibility. Same as Weavile. I don't think it will evolve, or even be replaced by a branch of some sort. It is perfectly plausible and there's no reason GF couldn't do it, I just don't think they would, personally.

XD This, except I think Ursaring and Weavile are both bland enough to be ideal candidates for evos, so come on Game Freak- gimme a better bear and cat-thing.

Yeah Sneasel is actually my favorite Johto mon, and while I love that it got an evo in Gen 4, I remember being disappointed in its design. It really feels “middle stage” or “we don’t know what to do with it, so we just gave it more feathers “.

If the climber silhouette is related to Sneasel, they made one of its head feathers really long, bulked up its claws for climbing, and just made it BIG (I assume the box on its back is a backpack that houses the player).

Sounds like a more fitting final evolution than Weavile, even though I do love it.

Yeah Sneasel is actually my favorite Johto mon, and while I love that it got an evo in Gen 4, I remember being disappointed in its design. It really feels “middle stage” or “we don’t know what to do with it, so we just gave it more feathers “.

If the climber silhouette is related to Sneasel, they made one of its head feathers really long, bulked up its claws for climbing, and just made it BIG (I assume the box on its back is a backpack that houses the player).

Sounds like a more fitting final evolution than Weavile, even though I do love it.
And Ursaring as a design is quite simple, generic. It's a bear with a moon ring :ROFLMAO:

Typhlosion= based on Hyakkiyagyou, the famous yokai march night (the image is Hyakki-Hime). Fire/Ghost leader based on Nurarihyon, an elder yokai with a long head that is the leader, with a signature dance move. That’s my guess.
With Eclipse saying the Typhlosion design hint isn’t obvious until you see its signature move… did I get this randomly completely right? lol Typhlosion doing a little marching dance calling forth other ghost types would definitely be a sight to see, and a requirement since visually the yokai march leader is not very distinct.

A user on r/pokeleaks went through an old thread that mentioned Pokemon that have been revealed. The thread in question specifically mentions H-Growlithe, Kleavor (and an H-Scyther), and H-Zoroark, alongside a few rumored Hisuian forms such as the starters and Dunsparce. Looking through Reddit Enhancement Suite, the post was last edited on July 19, a full month before the trailer with H-Growlithe was released.

A user on r/pokeleaks went through an old thread that mentioned Pokemon that have been revealed. The thread in question specifically mentions H-Growlithe, Kleavor (and an H-Scyther), and H-Zoroark, alongside a few rumored Hisuian forms such as the starters and Dunsparce. Looking through Reddit Enhancement Suite, the post was last edited on July 19, a full month before the trailer with H-Growlithe was released.
Yes! Ultra Beasts are coming back! (If above is true.). Hopefully new ones.

Oh, that is a good catch on the user's part! But there's still plenty of reasons to doubt that rumor IMO-
  • There's absolutely no detail about any Hisuian form (which the rumor calls "Sinnoh forms"), they just list them and say they're getting a new form.
    • Terra, your summary's a bit misleading- they never specifically mentioned Kleavor, they just said "the Scyther line" was included in the list of new forms.
  • They list just Zoroark, not the Zorua line. (And it seems to be a deliberate choice, since they do that with others)
  • Lot of retcons- UBs in the Distortion World, when Ultra Space has always been a distinct separate location, 18 plates when we've never seen a Normal Plate, etc.
  • That user had a post before thisthat was just very generic and vague, claiming to know the entire game was just like DP but only able to say that there was some nondescript "special content" when players connected to LoA. (Also, they completely left out any mention of character customization, following Pokemon, the Underground revamp, etc)
    • Speaking of their BDSP post, how is someone with no prior reputation getting leaks this extensive on two games made by different companies?
  • This post claims there's "Guardian Pokemon" and "Base Leaders" defending the plates, and they're seemingly separate from Nobles and Wardens. ("- Grass Plate is guarded by a Turtwig, Fire Plate is guarded by Chimchar and Water is guarded by Piplup - Guardian Pokémon are stronger than normal, like a SuMo Totem" "- Some of the Plates are guarded by stronger Pokémon, some are in possession of Base Leaders who will hand over the Plates after battles") So, what, we've got Alpha, Nobles, Wardens and Guardians and Base Leaders?
  • They also claim that you start "on the island on the northeast side of Sinnoh", but the official site says you start in Jubilife Village and then make your way out to other places.

Oh, that is a good catch on the user's part! But there's still plenty of reasons to doubt that rumor IMO-
  • There's absolutely no detail about any Hisuian form (which the rumor calls "Sinnoh forms"), they just list them and say they're getting a new form.
    • Terra, your summary's a bit misleading- they never specifically mentioned Kleavor, they just said "the Scyther line" was included in the list of new forms.
  • They list just Zoroark, not the Zorua line. (And it seems to be a deliberate choice, since they do that with others)
  • Lot of retcons- UBs in the Distortion World, when Ultra Space has always been a distinct separate location, 18 plates when we've never seen a Normal Plate, etc.
  • That user had a post before thisthat was just very generic and vague, claiming to know the entire game was just like DP but only able to say that there was some nondescript "special content" when players connected to LoA. (Also, they completely left out any mention of character customization, following Pokemon, the Underground revamp, etc)
    • Speaking of their BDSP post, how is someone with no prior reputation getting leaks this extensive on two games made by different companies?
  • This post claims there's "Guardian Pokemon" and "Base Leaders" defending the plates, and they're seemingly separate from Nobles and Wardens. ("- Grass Plate is guarded by a Turtwig, Fire Plate is guarded by Chimchar and Water is guarded by Piplup - Guardian Pokémon are stronger than normal, like a SuMo Totem" "- Some of the Plates are guarded by stronger Pokémon, some are in possession of Base Leaders who will hand over the Plates after battles") So, what, we've got Alpha, Nobles, Wardens and Guardians and Base Leaders?
  • They also claim that you start "on the island on the northeast side of Sinnoh", but the official site says you start in Jubilife Village and then make your way out to other places.

Not sure how much I believe this one yet, because I haven't quite looked into it thoroughly, but the whole thing with the plates sounds like that other leak we had that claimed they had changed the names due to having been given leakbait. If that one was legit, then it could make sense why this one seems to be using different names for Wardens and Nobles?

Though yeah, supposedly starting on an island doesn't seem right. Pretty sure it was shown that we receive our starter in the HQ building.

If it's legit... fuck them for adding Ultra Beasts. >.>

If it's brand new ultra beasts that'd be dope. That was among the #1 reception for UBs, is that they did not look like Pokemon.
Noooooo. I do not want more ultra beasts. =_= Really don't like those damn things. They're ugly, they're a missed opportunity for having some non-pokemon bosses, we don't need more, and they have no business being in Sinnoh.

I swear...a Meowth? Meowth doesn't need another form. It already has Alolan, Galarian, and Gigantamax forms. Like, this user did get Scyther, Growlithe, and Zorua right, but...we don't need another Meowth form.
Every region from now on until the end of time: You get a Meowth, you get a Meowth! Everybody gets a Meowth!

I know a lot of people will complain if meowth keeps getting forms but I think it would actually be cool if it really is their intention to release a regional form of meowth for every possible region? Kind of belatedly turning it into a special pokemon and making it the embodiment of cat breeds across the world.

Not sure how much I believe this one yet, because I haven't quite looked into it thoroughly, but the whole thing with the plates sounds like that other leak we had that claimed they had changed the names due to having been given leakbait. If that one was legit, then it could make sense why this one seems to be using different names for Wardens and Nobles?
It's not just different names from canon, though, it's totally different mechanics.
- Guardian Pokémon are stronger than normal, like a SuMo Totem

- After obtaining the first three plates, the player can access the main area of Sinnoh, and the other 15 plates are scattered there.

- Some of the Plates are guarded by stronger Pokémon, some are in possession of Base Leaders who will hand over the Plates after battles
It suggests that the "Base Leaders" are completely distinct from the "Guardians", rather than being their caretakers.

And the stories given in the two fakes are totally contradictory, with the Terrain Kings fake saying that you "stumbled upon the plate that matches your starter's typing", leading to branching quests, while this one says you find all three starter types at the same time. (And by fighting the normal form of the Pokemon, not the regional form like Nobles have all been up to this point)

It's just like "armored evolution" during the SwSh leak season- people get an idea based on what we know about the games and try to mix it in.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom