• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I'm just going to go ahead and say no because Part 2 was the final part, there was no "To be continued" at the end. Voltorb shocked Bonsly and everyone laughed, the end.

Also because nothing from our credible leaker has pointed toward a Bonsly evo. The closest possible hint was the cactuar and that was for Qwilfish.
How do you know if they're even all that credible?
plus they might not have found anything for Bonsly evos.

How do you know if they're even all that credible?
plus they might not have found anything for Bonsly evos.
He was confirmed legit when BDSP released? He had teased the Diglett mini-game, Ramanas Park, Jasmine's new outfit... the few things that were actually new in that game, he covered before the games leaked. Also Hisuian Voltorb.

And considering that Legends' whole gameplay is pretty much just completing the pokedex? And he knows the post-game? For sure, he knows what's in it. There's no new bonsly evo.

He was confirmed legit when BDSP released? He had teased the Diglett mini-game, Ramanas Park, Jasmine's new outfit... the few things that were actually new in that game, he covered before the games leaked. Also Hisuian Voltorb.

And considering that Legends' whole gameplay is pretty much just completing the pokedex? And he knows the post-game? For sure, he knows what's in it. There's no new bonsly evo.
I'm still somewhat skeptical of him actually having played the game. Doesn't he just translate for the Chinese Riddler?

I'm still somewhat skeptical of him actually having played the game. Doesn't he just translate for the Chinese Riddler?
No, he doesn't. He's made it pretty clear that they're separate.

Edit: Good indication of it right here-

He's also implied a few times that the Chinese Riddler hasn't been posting anything.

What about a new Bonsly evo?

I don’t think there were any hints at additional regional forms/evolutions in the animation. The four Pokémon featured are all officially confirmed to be in the game, are all “cute” and most of them share a general “round” shape that matches the Voltorb as well as the berries.

Bonsly was probably also chosen because it was one of the first Sinnoh Pokémon revealed (along with Munchlax) before the Gen 4 games released.

I think something we have never considered is when the leaker had the chance to play the game and what may have changed or added since then.

I think something we have never considered is when the leaker had the chance to play the game and what may have changed or added since then.
Pretty sure the most likely stage anyone outside of Game Freak would have gotten to play the game would be when it was mostly complete and only in need of things like music and updated graphics and UI.

I doubt they've added new pokemon at this stage since they would have to be designed, modeled, animated, stats and movesets decided, figured out where they're going to inhabit and adjusted the encounter tables for those areas accordingly, implement their pokedex tasks since that's the whole aim of this game, and generally cover up the fact that they'd have been added in after the whole story and everything else was completed enough to be playtested straight through to the post-game...

They might be working on mythicals to be downloaded later but I would not bet on any standard new regularly encounterable pokemon being added in at this point.

This as a let down… they could've revealed Electrode using the shorts. Well, they give a Pokémon personality but don’t really do much for marketing because people have to go out of their way to even see them.

So apparently Clay isn't the only descendant of Lian.

I'm more interested on how they hint at it, to be honest. Lian's design (at least the head part) is already really similar to Clay, so maybe through some dialogue?

So apparently Clay isn't the only descendant of Lian.

I'm more interested on how they hint at it, to be honest. Lian's design (at least the head part) is already really similar to Clay, so maybe through some dialogue?

Yeah... I've seen some guesses that it's Burgh, which seems solid based on the hair and mutual association with bugs. And especially this person's reasoning--

But I wonder if there's more direct references in the game or is it mostly just name-based hints that we probably won't get outside of Japan?
Or at least won't get in English since Burgh's name references artichoke in basically every other language.

Last edited:

I still dont trust leakers

I hope they will make the mythical events avaiable for everyone at some point cause I refuse to spend 60 euros just to have a Darkrai event.

Do you mean in relevance to the story?

I don’t personally mind that her ancestors took a backseat, but we don’t know, truthfully, if they’re not hiding story stuff related to Volo or other characters.
I think that, given Volo’s description on the site, he’ll be someone who encourages and helps you get to the bottom of whatever’s happening with Hisui during the main story. Also, the Ginkgo Guild’s uniform has a logo suspiciously resembling Giratina, so there’s definitely something going on with those characters anyhow.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom