• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I think there's actually a much simpler and obvious pattern being followed... the order that games were released.
I really don't think anyone is disagreeing that they're doing remakes in order, just about what's being counted in that order.
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 3
Gen 1 remakes
Gen 4

If they keep following that order, then the next remakes will be Gen 2, followed by Gen 5.
LGPE's clearly a remake of Yellow, not FRLG. (You even just pointed out yourself how it's named for Pikachu.) There's even a Famitsu interview where the CEO outright says so.

We’re thinking about adding new Pokémon. Considering that it is a remake of Pokémon Yellow, we plan to add new elements such as Pokémon we’ll see for the first time to go with the new looks and play style.

I said earlier I was leaving LGPE out because it's a more experimental title than a simple remake. (Like how we can't expect sequels every generation just because BW2 exists) If we were to count it as a standard remake, then the idea of remakes going in release order has been disproven, because it went:
  • Red and Green (1996)
  • Gold and Silver (2000)
  • Ruby and Sapphire (2002)
  • Yellow (1998)
  • Diamond and Pearl (2006)

I really don't think anyone is disagreeing that they're doing remakes in order, just about what's being counted in that order.

LGPE's clearly a remake of Yellow, not FRLG. (You even just pointed out yourself how it's named for Pikachu.) There's even a Famitsu interview where the CEO outright says so.

I said earlier I was leaving LGPE out because it's a more experimental title than a simple remake. (Like how we can't expect sequels every generation just because BW2 exists) If we were to count it as a standard remake, then the idea of remakes going in release order has been disproven, because it went:
  • Red and Green (1996)
  • Gold and Silver (2000)
  • Ruby and Sapphire (2002)
  • Yellow (1998)
  • Diamond and Pearl (2006)
I obviously know LGPE is a remake of Yellow. But Yellow was just a tweaked version of Red and Blue.

But fine, let me put it another way. The order currently is-

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Kanto
Sinnoh

Literally the order that each region was released, including remakes. Meaning that the next generation's remakes should revisit Johto, and Gen 10's remakes should have us revisit Unova.

I obviously know LGPE is a remake of Yellow.
Your list had it corresponding to "Gen 1 remakes", so I thought it was worth clarifying.
But Yellow was just a tweaked version of Red and Blue.
I never said it wasn't. How is this relevant?
But fine, let me put it another way. The order currently is-

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Kanto
Sinnoh

Literally the order that each region was released, including remakes. Meaning that the next generation's remakes should revisit Johto, and Gen 10's remakes should have us revisit Unova.
So, Game Freak chooses to make a Kanto remake before a Sinnoh remake. They do this because they want to make remakes in the order games were released. However, they choose to remake Yellow, the third version that came out prior to games that have already gotten remakes, like GS and RS. They don't include any features from FRLG- their only relevance to this is their release date making it their turn in line for the pattern they follow for remakes. Yellow is the basis for the games, but its release date doesn't matter here.

And that makes more sense than "LGPE was experimental and didn't fit the standard pattern"?

Your list had it corresponding to "Gen 1 remakes", so I thought it was worth clarifying.

I never said it wasn't. How is this relevant?

So, Game Freak chooses to make a Kanto remake before a Sinnoh remake. They do this because they want to make remakes in the order games were released. However, they choose to remake Yellow, the third version that came out prior to games that have already gotten remakes, like GS and RS. They don't include any features from FRLG- their only relevance to this is their release date making it their turn in line for the pattern they follow for remakes. Yellow is the basis for the games, but its release date doesn't matter here.

And that makes more sense than "LGPE was experimental and didn't fit the standard pattern"?

Yes. Kanto remakes came out before Sinnoh was released, so it still fits the pattern. Choosing to refer to Yellow as a basis instead of Red and Blue is a creative liberty.

Yes. Kanto remakes came out before Sinnoh was released, so it still fits the pattern. Choosing to refer to Yellow as a basis instead of Red and Blue is a creative liberty.
Again, what's the point in a pattern that looks at the release dates of past games and then just chooses a different game to remake?

Again, what's the point in a pattern that looks at the release dates of past games and then just chooses a different game to remake?
Because it's about revisiting regions, not specific versions. If it was about remaking specific versions, all of the remakes should have been made verbatim from the start.

Because it's about revisiting regions, not specific versions.
Again, they literally said they intended to do a remake of Yellow. Not of the Kanto region in general, but of a specific version.

If the point was just to revisit a region, there's ways to do that that are more interesting and allow for more creative freedom- LoA is an obvious example, but they could also do the route of coming to the region at a different time, like the Gen 5 sequels or the Johto games allowing the player to go into Kanto. Instead, they're choosing to revisit the story and gameplay of the older games as well, because the goal is to remake specific games.
If it was about remaking specific versions, all of the remakes should have been made verbatim from the start.
I don't see how you're coming to this argument. I'm not saying they're trying to recreate a game 1:1. I'm just saying they use certain games as the basis for a remake and build on that- something which has been directly stated, and can also just be seen from the remakes we have. (ORAS is clearly based on Ruby and Sapphire rather than Emerald, for example)

Again, they literally said they intended to do a remake of Yellow. Not of the Kanto region in general, but of a specific version.

If the point was just to revisit a region, there's ways to do that that are more interesting and allow for more creative freedom- LoA is an obvious example, but they could also do the route of coming to the region at a different time, like the Gen 5 sequels or the Johto games allowing the player to go into Kanto. Instead, they're choosing to revisit the story and gameplay of the older games as well, because the goal is to remake specific games.

I don't see how you're coming to this argument. I'm not saying they're trying to recreate a game 1:1. I'm just saying they use certain games as the basis for a remake and build on that- something which has been directly stated, and can also just be seen from the remakes we have. (ORAS is clearly based on Ruby and Sapphire rather than Emerald, for example)
Goodness. You're overthinking it and this has little to do with leaks, so I'm just going to stop here.

dy4x795yo3881.jpg

While I don't think this is real, remember that "drawing from memory" is how we got the Spaceworld starters, Girafarig, Marill, Ledyba/Ledian and Trevenant.
Yeah. If I managed to see the game ahead of anyone else and wanted to leak something from it, I would probably doodle the pokemon designs as well as I can remember. It's not too hard to remember the gist of something.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom