• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Another plus for my personal pick. Decidueyes seems useful still though.
The moves are basically:
1) Attack + Focus energy + Defense drop.
2) Attack that works like hex + possible burn.
3) Attack + high crit ratio + Whirpool-like dot.

I also would like to add that Typhlosion attack may point to the direction of fire balls around its neck rather than its usual flame. Don't know how people feel about this.

You wanna know what really annoys me about the design of the Female Genie?

What REALLY ticks me off?

The fact that it is so beyond Gender Coded

The Genies were big and buff but of COURSE the along comes a sole Female Genie and she just HAS to be smaller, and PINK, and have Hearts and Lipstick!

What the fuck kind of 1980's bullshit is this?
20220119_150013.jpg

Just popping in to comment on how lazy the Sneasel evo design is and how much the new Genie hurts my eyes. I don't know who's in charge of Pokemon design QC this time around, but I'm seriously wondering whether or not they were even awake at any point during the production of this game.

Some of the designs are good like the Basculin evolution and the snail versions of Sliggo and Goodra, but I never thought I'd see the day that someone's stretched out, stained in the wash cosplay of Digimon's Gatomon would become an official Pokemon design. Is it a bad design? Not necessarily, but something this blatantly humanoid straight up does not work as a Pokemon design.

The Genies were big and buff but of COURSE the along comes a sole Female Genie and she just HAS to be smaller, and PINK, and have Hearts and Lipstick!

Do we know if it's female? It's quite possible, but they could very well go for it being still male.

I mean, the other three are macho muscular men with a beard and mustache. It's not like the geenie have ever been this gender fluid.

Btw, the game director is Kazasuma Iwao, previous director of ultra sun and moon. I guess this is why the difficulty level is increased in this game. XD

Honestly, it feels more like a really flamboyant guy to me. Reminds me of Him from the Powerpuff Girls.

The moves are basically:
1) Attack + Focus energy + Defense drop.
2) Attack that works like hex + possible burn.
3) Attack + high crit ratio + Whirpool-like dot.

I also would like to add that Typhlosion attack may point to the direction of fire balls around its neck rather than its usual flame. Don't know how people feel about this.
I know its lost its Ghost typing, but Triple Arrows has some synergy now with Shadow Claw & Leaf Blade, which I think is pretty cool. And Hyphlosion's works with Lava Plume (especially if Infernal Parade is Ghost in type) in addition to already established Hex & Will-o-Wisp combo. Overall, these moves seem better than their counterparts and Hyphlosion gets an upgraded Hex which can activate itself. Pretty neat on paper.

A bit of explanation on the new effort 'value' system.

each stat has an effort level that can go from 1 to 10. You can use these new items to raise this value. The item required changes depending on the current value. - Grit Dust (0-2) - Grit Gravel (3-5) - Grit Pebble (6-8) - Grit Rock (9)

Hopefully we'll soon know more about the default boost to base stats.

A leaker who is an hour in says that while you can send out your party anywhere but your home, and they can interact with each other, they don't follow you; not even one Pokémon. Jury's out if the feature comes later in the game or simply isn't included this time around.

Do we know if it's female? It's quite possible, but they could very well go for it being still male.
It's definitely female. The leaks who called all the Regional Variants in advance weeks ago said it was Female only
I mean, the other three are macho muscular men with a beard and mustache. It's not like the geenie have ever been this gender fluid.
I know Thunderus, Landorus and Tornadus are Male Only but that arguably just makes it so much worse showing how much society sees "Male" as default while Females are always seen as "Small", "Petite", and "Pink"

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom