• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

While I LOVE many of James' designs, I think it's good to change out the main art director each gen in order to organically give each region its own style.

Even if James is not art director, he's very clearly a lifer for Pokemon designs so he will have contributions to every gen, though.

One designer I hope will keep working on new Pokemon is Hitoshi Ariga. He designed my favourite pokemon from gens 6 and 7. (Malamar and Drampa)

On a that note, what I wouldn't give to be able to put a face on every single Pokemon design. Imagine if they released a Pokemon artbook with the designer alongside the Pokemon talking about what their influences were and what the design process was like. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I think Gen 7 & 8 have quite a few knockout designs that 5 & 6 lacked but then there were things like the fossils...

Whoever was in charge of PLA though...can definitely be improved upon. Massively disappointing.

Dropped the ball on Electrode, Arcanine, Palkia, Dialga...who decided they needed another barely different Basculin?

I think Samurott looks cool but he's basically a recolour. Typhlosion hardly changed. Qwilfish evo could've been better.

Sliggoo and Goodra are super lazy. Avalugg is just wtf. Sneasel and Sneasler...

At least PLA looks like it'll be enjoyable to play.

Gen 8 has a decent number of some of my favorite pokemon, though there were definitely a decent number of eh- designs, there arent any pokemon i actually actively dislike the design of other than Stonjourner (This is excluding this game). So i would gladly take James Turner next generation too. Just the last 3 generations in general have been peak pokemon design for me, but i might just be biased sense i started with gen 6 so i don't really have nostalgia for the gen 1-5 designs.
As for this game however, i disliked a decent number of designs but after seeing a lot of them in game i have grown to really like them, the ones i still don't like either i still haven't seen in game... or are Dialga and Palkia, still dont like those two.

Then why was she absent in Unova? Even if her legend is shrouded before why was she not present until now? What happen to her? Clearly something happen cause she was only present in Hisui which is in the past

I haven't kept up with the games throughout the whole series (played 1-3 & 8) but does lore really matter to you folks?

Not sure why so many discussions revolve around what was said or the logic of certain things - who cares?

They didn't do it for BDSP but in future remakes, they should retroactively add regional forms etc. into them and treat them like they have always been part of the region. Although they are now no longer having all Pokemon within a game and even generation, but it doesn't make sense that Alola has the most Pokemon or Galar has Pokemon from 8 regions, but Kanto only has Pokemon from 1 region only because it was released first. That's just stupid and unnecessary.

This isn't a remake. I can agree that a Legends game set in Unova would probably feature Enamorous (although I don't see the Hoenn or Galar Regis in this game), but that would in turn make a real BW remake far more traditional.
I meant remake in the sense of revisiting Sinnoh. Not a remake, remake.

Like how ORAS is an alternate version of Hoenn or the Sevii islands existing in FRLG or how Red is an NPC in LGPE or how Lyra exists instead of Kris and how the admins feel like chracters now and how more involved the Kimono Girls are in the plot in HGSS. The remakes were never about being "99.9% faithful" until very recently with BDSP. The previous remakes actually felt like difftent games instead of just booting up the originals. Legends feels like a new game that would be considered a remake. BDSP just feels like starting DP over.

Anyway. Because of that Enamorus will end up showing up in future games including remakes. All the Hisuian mons will. Nothing is stopping them from showing up again. I mean it isn't like they completely dropped the concept of Ultra Beasts after SMUSUM if they're also in SWSH and the fact that God itself or one of its children might be one considering the wormhole thing. Let's also not forget them including fairy types and Sylveon hundreds of years before it was discovered.

One designer I hope will keep working on new Pokemon is Hitoshi Ariga. He designed my favourite pokemon from gens 6 and 7. (Malamar and Drampa)

On a that note, what I wouldn't give to be able to put a face on every single Pokemon design. Imagine if they released a Pokemon artbook with the designer alongside the Pokemon talking about what their influences were and what the design process was like. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Oh damn yes, I would need that book so bad.

And honestly, Bulbapedia could really use it because like 90% of the origin trivia sections are just fan speculation.

I haven't kept up with the games throughout the whole series (played 1-3 & 8) but does lore really matter to you folks?

Not sure why so many discussions revolve around what was said or the logic of certain things - who cares?

They didn't do it for BDSP but in future remakes, they should retroactively add regional forms etc. into them and treat them like they have always been part of the region. Although they are now no longer having all Pokemon within a game and even generation, but it doesn't make sense that Alola has the most Pokemon or Galar has Pokemon from 8 regions, but Kanto only has Pokemon from 1 region only because it was released first. That's just stupid and unnecessary.
I actually do care about lore to a point. If they're going to drop new pokemon into a region after the fact, I'd like to see some explanation just for the sake of worldbuilding.

The Hisuian forms can easily show up in future games and not even mess up the lore. Just make it so that some of them end up accidentally being sent to the future via the space-time rifts, and they just reproduced the same way the crown tundra fossil mons did after being set free by whatever people revived them.

Or that the player character in Legends Arceus decided to keep the Hisuian Forms then breed them to release them into the wild whenever they became scarce, with his/her descendants doing the same.

Also, i wouldn't really call flawed designs (Which is personal anyways), the mistake (Is that even the right word) on the art director choice. Every generation has hits and misses (But generally, the last three generations has had more hits than misses imo). The only design i dislike in gen 6 is Aromatisse, Gen 7 has Alolan Persian and Raticate and gen 8 has Cinderace (Or human in bunny suit, as i like to call it, since it doesn't scream Pokemon enough for me).

And while i don't like some of the Hisuian Forms, i have only seen stills from them, so i am reserving my judgement until i see them in the game itself (Because i also disliked Grimmsnarl when it was first leaked for example, but when i saw it in game, i liked it a lot).

Or that the player character in Legends Arceus decided to keep the Hisuian Forms then breed them to release them into the wild whenever they became scarce, with his/her descendants doing the same.
I feel like at that point you can just say they never died out and they just happened to dissapear from sinnoh. Which is certainly a valid way to go about it.
My explanation was more to explain why they were never seen in modern times especially in the sinnoh games. Because they did still die out and only now appeared in the modern times thanks to the space-time rifts.

This would be perfect. And it would be pretty useful to avoid people misblaming artists for things they didn't like.

points at Trubbish and James Turner (actual creator was Sugimori)

I looked through pokemon because of this to see what ones we do know the creators of, and learned that there are some pokemon as old as even gen 2 we don't know the designers of (Might even be some gen 1 mons we don't not sure)

I have a question about the research tasks: Will you be able to complete them even if they are your Pokémon? Like let's say there is a task that has you see Pikachu use Thunder Shock. Would it still count towards completion if the Pikachu is a part of your party?

I feel like at that point you can just say they never died out and they just happened to dissapear from sinnoh. Which is certainly a valid way to go about it.
My explanation was more to explain why they were never seen in modern times especially in the sinnoh games. Because they did still die out and only now appeared in the modern times thanks to the space-time rifts.
They could also simply have only disappeared or migrated from Sinnoh but still be alive and well in a region we haven't visited yet.

I have a question about the research tasks: Will you be able to complete them even if they are your Pokémon? Like let's say there is a task that has you see Pikachu use Thunder Shock. Would it still count towards completion if the Pikachu is a part of your party?
I would assume so. The game would be a grindfest otherwise.

This isn't relevant to much of anything but, something i found neat is that you can re-equip your starting t-shirt and shorts along with sandles and modern shoes. So if you want to play the whole game sticking out like a sore thumb you can! And i'm honestly tempted to do so, just seems fun for some reason.

This isn't relevant to much of anything but, something i found neat is that you can re-equip your starting t-shirt and shorts along with sandles and modern shoes. So if you want to play the whole game sticking out like a sore thumb you can! And i'm honestly tempted to do so, just seems fun for some reason.
They better let us wear them in the Gen 9 game. It just makes sense.

I'm more curious as to what kind of side quests we're gonna get. Is it all just catching Pokemon or can we look for stuff in the field as well?
I think some of the requests ask for certain items.

Also from some of the leaked footage I've seen there seems to be some requests where we help the Construction Corps set up additional base camps in the different areas of Hisui. So it looks like we'll be having more than one travel point in each area. It will be nice not having to travel all the way back and forth from the beginning of each area.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom