• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Looker was introduced in Platinum, and any possible DLC for BDSP or PLA would likely involve him, and April is a great time for DLC to release, especially if the guidebook for PLA comes out in April!

So I think it’a DLC for PLA releasing in April around the time of the guidebook.

I still think Gen 9 is this November. BDSP came out literally a month so and no one cares about it already- Gen 9 would in no way lessen PLA’s sales, especially if PLA gets further promotion in April with DLC.
Gee, I wonder why no one cares about BDSP when we're getting a more ambitious game so soon. At least those games already got their holidays sales push, which PLA won't if you get your wish. We absolutely shouldn't be asking for games that bore us after a month, all so that we can get more riddles.

I don't know if we're getting Looker DLC, but do remember that SwSh got two batches of DLC. I don't think we're getting the Battle Zone since that island was deliberately made small in the game we got, but I'd like to point out a seemingly random Sinjoh reference (the first in more than 12 years): “Wintry... Austere... Brimming with strange power... Certainly the land of Hisui bears some resemblance to Sinjoh. Here, where the ancient Sinnoh people were born, I will spend an eternity... until the one with the mission appears.”

Also, both Sleep (which is listed in new Go data) and Detective Pikachu 2 are about two years overdue. 2022 doesn't need a new generation, and the anime still has around 60 critters to showcase with no indication of the pace picking up. I will say that VGC either needs a SwSh patch or something like Stadium to avoid repetition in 2023.

Gee, I wonder why no one cares about BDSP when we're getting a more ambitious game so soon. At least those games already got their holidays sales push, which PLA won't if you get your wish. We absolutely shouldn't be asking for games that bore us after a month, all so that we can get more riddles.
BDSP were extremely unambitious games that felt thrown together to appease the Sinnoh fans crying for remakes since ORAS… I did not buy it. People talked about it for a week and moved on because the games had nothing worth talking about in them. That has nothing to do with PLA releasing this month and everything to do with BDSP.

A Gen 9 announcement will not lessen PLA discussion if the game is good. And a new game releasing 10 months after PLA will also not lessen PLA sales. If the games are different enough, PLA will keep selling this holiday season regardless. Games should be able to stand on their own and sell regardless of competitors.

Kind of off topic but am I the only one that's annoyed by Khu's riddles? Can't he just show the leak? What's the point of the riddles?
I really enjoyed the riddles. It's much more satisfying than being told flat out what we're getting just to be spoiled on everything months in advance. We (the fan community) actually had to work together to piece together these clues, and it felt so much more rewarding to me when it was revealed that we had them all figured out in the end.

I'd be happy if every leak season had us solving riddles because this was actually the most fun I've ever had for any leak season.

My guess is that if they turn out to be wrong, the riddles are vague enough to be enterpreted later on as true through mental gymnastics.

Assuming Khu was the one that came up with the emoji final evolution leaks...what does any of the starters, especially Decidueye, have to do with a strong baby...but when looking at kimono ghost and butterfly moon they're vague enough to be Typhlosion (feminine ghost) and Samurott (evil samurai/Tsujigiri where the butterfly=death at night).
None of his riddles were actually that vague, most of them were incredibly on-point.

For Samurott's riddle, it was referring to Greninja's Japanese name, Gekkouga, by combining "moonlight" (Gekkou) and "moth" (Ga). This was hinting at its type being Water/Dark.

For Typhlosion's hint, the girl is Damona from Yo-kai Watch. Her name in Japanese is Hyakki-hime and it references Hyakki Yagyō, the "Night Parade of One Hundred Demons." This not only hinted at Typhlosion's Ghost-type, but its signature move "Infernal Parade."

And @kcalb already explained Decidueye's- a buff "Kotori" = Fighting-type bird. And we were told that it was for a starter so it was an easy process of elimination there.

PLA would have almost the entire year to be relevant? And new gen marketing typically doesn't even pick up for months after it's first announced. We get a teaser in February and then the first full trailer sometime around May.

I prefer to just be told what is leaked rather than having to figure out riddles. I don't like being clueless and having to rely on toxic Twitter to know what is leaked.

I prefer to just be told what is leaked rather than having to figure out riddles. I don't like being clueless and having to rely on toxic Twitter to know what is leaked.
Honestly, aside from Khu's battle with Centro (which was incredibly weird and childish but kinda mildly entertaining to me) and people complaining about him doing riddles instead of spilling things outright, the comments on his posts were more chill than most places.

And actually most of the answers I got because people posted them here, so it was basically the same as any other leak season, except no one had to go to the most toxic place on the internet, 4chan. We just had to do some compiling to put everything together, and I was doing that.

Honestly, aside from Khu's battle with Centro (which was incredibly weird and childish but kinda mildly entertaining to me) and people complaining about him doing riddles instead of spilling things outright, the comments on his posts were more chill than most places.
Khu has said much worse before their obsession with Centro and the weird "puppy" thing Khu keeps posting. For example, he bullied Eclipse because of his nationality. It's one thing to call someone out, but to bully them just because of where they are from simply isn't okay at all.

And actually most of the answers I got because people posted them here, so it was basically the same as any other leak season, except no one had to go to the most toxic place on the internet, 4chan. We just had to do some compiling to put everything together, and I was doing that.

I actually got more answers from r/PokeLeaks than from here, despite a lot of info being repeated there.

Khu has said much worse before their obsession with Centro and the weird "puppy" thing Khu keeps posting. For example, he bullied Eclipse because of his nationality. It's one thing to call someone out, but to bully them just because of where they are from simply isn't okay at all.

I actually got more answers from r/PokeLeaks than from here, despite a lot of info being repeated there.
Ah. I've been frequenting PokeLeaks more lately (mostly just when it's quiet here) but I am more disgusted with them than I am with people on twitter. At least twitter didn't have the majority of comments encouraging people to steal, or call it selfish when someone gets a game early and leaks screenshots instead of dumping the game so they can play it illegally.

IMO the riddles are great and fun, but Khu is absolutely horrible.
And yeah, gonna second this- the riddles were great, honestly perfect in execution, but I'd like to see someone more respectable take up doing them.

I'd say that maybe TPC should do it themselves, but they would dumb them down so much, it wouldn't be fun. Prime example- the voltorb pokeball thing. That wasn't fun or clever, it just lead a lot of people to waste too much time clicking on pokeballs until it became apparent that it was never going to progress anywhere.

Riddles can be fun at times (depends on the leaker) but yeah I kinda agree, I miss Corocoro. :(

Last edited:
Quick question to the people who have played the game sense i haven't seen anyone mention it. What was up with the Wurmple with the yellow horn on the back of its head? Was it just a texture error and it isn't in the final game? Or does it actually mean something?

What I'm reading pretty much everywhere is that the game suffers on the technical side, which is something everyone could notice. People like the plot more or less, the exploration more or less, but all agree this game looks too old for 2022. TPCi has to take graphics seriously from now on. Cause it's such a pity, expecially now that they have prooved they can still release good games.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom