• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

They admitted they only put Pokémon in the overworld into SwSh after it was the one thing people raved about from LGPE. Somehow it never crossed their minds that people wanted that level of immersion and were sick of RNG encounters. So yeah… in early 2019 they were programming in Pokémon into the overworld of Galar’s routes for a game that would come out mere months later.

So who knows what they are frantically programming into Gen 9 based on feedback from Legends. lol
They had the wild area, though, which surely couldn't have been meant as a wide open area with nothing in it? Because that would have been crazy. I can see them not having pokemon roaming the regular routes until they got LGPE feedback, but it still seems like a direction they were heading in anyway.

At least I don't think Legends has anything that would be notably awkward to implement aside from the Styles system, if they continue following this more open world concept that people clearly like and didn't go into Gen 9 assuming that we enjoy living in a tiny shoebox of narrow routes. XD They know overworld encounters are liked, and an open world is better suited for them, so everything involving the capture system, trainer movements, and all should be easily ported over and there'd be plenty of room for them to work. Theoretically.

I wonder how the being able to walk around during battles would work in stadium matches, would they prevent us from walking out onto the field or what? Because that's one thing I hope they'll keep for all games going forward is the ability to walk around while our pokemon are battling.

I wonder if they started building a straight remake but then really early on decided to change direction with the game.
Much more likely it's cut content from the intro. You don't get that far into modeling, texturing, programming and then completely change the entire premise of the game.

They had the wild area, though, which surely couldn't have been meant as a wide open area with nothing in it? Because that would have been crazy. I can see them not having pokemon roaming the regular routes until they got LGPE feedback, but it still seems like a direction they were heading in anyway.

At least I don't think Legends has anything that would be notably awkward to implement aside from the Styles system, if they continue following this more open world concept that people clearly like and didn't go into Gen 9 assuming that we enjoy living in a tiny shoebox of narrow routes. XD They know overworld encounters are liked, and an open world is better suited for them, so everything involving the capture system, trainer movements, and all should be easily ported over and there'd be plenty of room for them to work. Theoretically.
Wild Area always had overworld Pokémon of course. That’s its entire premise. The routes did not at all, and clearly SwSh was made alongside LGPE in many ways and the wild area was meant as a test of the concept that LGPE ended up proving well liked before SwSh even came out, so they hurriedly implemented the overworld concept throughout every route last-minute.

Pokemon Day is coming up really soon. Anyone know if Khu is saying anything about it?
This is the most he's said in relation to it-

kAOHwu3.png

"for that free thing" meaning an update adding features?
(also, he's totally wrong, I'm loving this game on my banned Switch ww)
You really gotta stop bragging about your illegal Switch doings. XP
I also wouldn't say that he's wrong. Once you're done with the story and shiny hunting everything you want, that's about it for the game. Not getting to that point yet doesn't mean that it isn't a done dead game once you do.

And I think the implication is that if there is DLC, it's not going to be free. That, or there isn't going to be DLC for it.
Or... just adding something extremely minor if it is free... this one is all over the place in which way it could go.

I assume they will announce PLA DLC that will release in April, that will be covered in the game’s guide book coming out in April.

I still very much also see a Gen 9 announcement. I’d love for it to just be the titles like the Sun/Moon announcement in 2016, or (and?) better yet, shadowed or otherwise obstructed previews of the starters! They’ve had really fun ways to tease new Pokémon (Ponyta, Sirfetchd, Zorua) but they’ve yet to tease starters in this post-CoroCoro world. And then end it with a release window of either holiday 2022 or early 2023.

For Gen 9, all they really have to do is just say we are currently working on the next main line Pokemon games, but you'll have to wait a bit longer. But they at least say here's a small teaser with the starters. Just that. Don't show gameplay. Just art of the new starters. That's all I'd want. There is part of me that just wants Gen 9 this year so Journeys can end though.

in the best case scenario I think we'll get a significant PLA DLC announcement.

I'm a little impatient with gen 9 and I'd love to see it here but the timing just doesn't feel right. I've seen speculation however, that if gen 9 is releasing in 2023 and we're back to a 4 year gap between generations, maybe it'll be like end of hoenn era where we were seeing brand new sinnoh pokemon pop up in anime/merch etc like a year before the games came out. so here's hoping we at least get a tease or something

I'm a little impatient with gen 9 and I'd love to see it here but the timing just doesn't feel right. I've seen speculation however, that if gen 9 is releasing in 2023 and we're back to a 4 year gap between generations, maybe it'll be like end of hoenn era where we were seeing brand new sinnoh pokemon pop up in anime/merch etc like a year before the games came out. so here's hoping we at least get a tease or something
(This happened with kanto and Johto as well)

The Journeys anime seems uniquely suited to this style of cross-promotion. Have Ash stop over in the new region for a visit right before the series ends and then decide that he wants to travel through it in the next series.

For Gen 9, all they really have to do is just say we are currently working on the next main line Pokemon games, but you'll have to wait a bit longer. But they at least say here's a small teaser with the starters. Just that. Don't show gameplay. Just art of the new starters. That's all I'd want. There is part of me that just wants Gen 9 this year so Journeys can end though.
Oh yes, PLEASE no gameplay. My heart can’t take a graphics debate cycle starting up again this soon. Lmaoooooo

Hopefully they will wait to show gameplay when they actually have it at least semi-polished, after the traumatic BDSP reveal cycle. Lol

Screenshot_20220225-034308_Chrome.jpg

PLA DLC sounding like a guarantee at this point.

Though he's also been pointing out a lot of China promotion coming from Pokemon lately. Hard to tell if there's something to that or if he's just musing.

Oh and before anyone brings up Centro's post--

Screenshot_20220225-034800_Chrome.jpg

This is NOT saying that if you loved SwSh DLC, you will love Legends DLC. It's saying that after the poll, he is going to give his opinion of the Legends DLC, using the SwSh DLC as a reference point. It's baffling to me how many people can't read that.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure the leftover modern room is just that- leftover, from when this game was likely a more close remake of DP before deciding to go more original with a retelling and leave the 1:1 remake concept to ILCA.

Because really, PLA ended up being a retelling of DP in the end. Plot points and characters (and time setting) were tweaked, but the main beats call back to DP too closely to call it anything else (story wise).

Cripes, I was on mobile for that last post and didn't realize how huge the images were. I am sooooo sorry, they're fixed now! D8

I’m pretty sure the leftover modern room is just that- leftover, from when this game was likely a more close remake of DP before deciding to go more original with a retelling and leave the 1:1 remake concept to ILCA.

Because really, PLA ended up being a retelling of DP in the end. Plot points and characters (and time setting) were tweaked, but the main beats call back to DP too closely to call it anything else (story wise).
I don't believe for a second that Legends was ever going to be a close remake of DP. I am fairly confident, especially given the level of completion for that modern room (there's nothing stopping you from standing in the furniture) that it was going to be part of an intro cutscene before Arceus teleports you into the past, and they just decided to skip it.

Plus they do a lot of planning before they even start building a game. There's no way that they got as far as modeling a room and then decided to change the entire premise.

I don't believe for a second that Legends was ever going to be a close remake of DP. I am fairly confident, especially given the level of completion for that modern room (there's nothing stopping you from standing in the furniture) that it was going to be part of an intro cutscene before Arceus teleports you into the past, and they just decided to skip it.

Plus they do a lot of planning before they even start building a game. There's no way that they got as far as modeling a room and then decided to change the entire premise.
"More close remake" meaning including more explicitly remade scenes or plot points from DP, not meaning a 1:1 remake. Very obviously they knew this game would be largely set in the past before turning computers on to start modeling it.

Starting the game in an explicitly remade room from DP is something that would have been a really cool idea without BDSP, but then seems redundant with BDSP existing and coming out 2 months prior. And it is very obvious to me that work began on PLA way before work began on BDSP, meaning the scope of callbacks and throwbacks were likely far greater in PLA back when it was greenlit and work began, VS this final version of PLA.

You know, that fully modeled secret bedroom that appears to be set in modern times really makes me wonder if the DLC will feature a story about us returning to the present day. Maybe getting to do a little bit in the present day? I kinda hope so actually.
Doubtful. Probably just cut content from the opening of the game. If it was DLC content surely there would be other DLC content in the files.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom