• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legend of Zelda Manga Coming to US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift

Button Pusher
Reaction score
In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, it was announced that the two volumes of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manga, written by Akira Himekawa and released almost 10 years ago (1998) in Japan, will be released in the US by VIZ i in October. Makes sense, with them publishing the Pokemon manga, that they'd go for other Nintendo-based works, as well.

It's about time...

I had a thread for that manga here before, didn't I?

OH MY GOSH YAY!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I am so happy about this. Ocarina of Time is the best game ever, hands down (at least in my opinion (and millions of other people's)), and I'm actually replaying through it right now. I have seen art for the manga before and LOVE it, especially how they drew young Link <3

Dang this is gonna be awesome!! YAY!!!

/end spazz

That sounds great!

I'm hoping for Super Mario-kun, myself.

This should be interesting.

I still would prefer a Fire Emblem one though, but that's just me...

Wasn't this announced, like, months ago?

Ironic this is posted now since my brother just played the game yesterday and that was the first time in years. If I don't get the manga for myself I'll probably get it for him as a present. :D

The manga doesn't look all that great to be honest.

<3~!

*points to avatar* XD

I wonder if they'll release the other ones too, then?

Awesome! It's about time!
(Even though I've already read the Ocarina of Time manga.) I love when he turns into adult Link. Personally, it's one of my favorite mangas ^^

I have also heard that they were releasing a Phantom Hourglass manga.

Yay!! :D Now, all we just need to do is get them to bring those recent Metroid manga Stateside...

Hurray! That Manga is awesome. About time they decided to release it in the US! I know I'll be running over to the bookstore to get it when it comes out.

Here's hoping they decide to release the Majora's Mask manga as well...

I've read this manga (thanks to a scanlation project) already; heck, I was even working on a parody version that never got off the ground, which Trainer Rachel may remember me showing her a long time ago.

I'd still buy it if they sold manga in my town, though.

Last edited:
OoO Are you serious?!?!

I read the OoT and the MM one a few years back online, and i never thought they'd bring it stateside...this has to be the best thing for game-based manga since the KH2 manga!! ^^

I've read this manga (thanks to fansubbing) already; heck, I was even working on a parody version that never got off the ground, which Trainer Rachel may remember me showing her a long time ago.

I'd still buy it if they sold manga in my town, though.

The correct term for translated manga is a scanlation. D:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS

I TOTALLY KNEW THAT!!! DAMN IT!!!

I know what the difference between a scanlation and a fansub is when I'm not half asleep. ^^

...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom