• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Legendaries Discussion

Which was your favorite from this?

• Zacian

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Zamazenta

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Eternatus

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Meteodyna

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
They're actually from a theorey I concocted before the leaks (It actually predates the official reveal)

Mortigern comes from Mourir (nrm: Death)/Môr-(synd: Darkness) and Vortigern (A legendary brythonic/welsh kiing known for his debauchery and vice)

Utheriel comes from Uther Pendragon (Arthur's father) and a common suffix found on angel and elf names.

The basic shtick is that they are supposed to embody the themes of literary cycles (such as the post-vulgate) and Le Morte'd Aurthur, both of which (in my theory) reflect on the game's plot. However, Mortigern is not truly evil, he just embodies antagonism. He's closer to the Jewish depictions of Satan in the fact that he's a designated adversary, a prosecutor in the divine court, so to speak, for the player (and the people of Galar) to prove themselves against. He comes up with trials that test the people of Galar to see if they can come to terms with the darkness within themselves, dynamax just being the most recent

Utheriel embodies the protagonist, but it odinic in nature. He's shifty, untrustworthy, and has loyalties only to himelf. He seeks those only strong enough to resist and shirk the dark desires that Mortigern tempts people with, and gives them power with the intention that they use it to enforce his justice.

Last edited:
They're actually from a theorey I concocted before the leaks (It actually predates the official reveal)

Mortigern comes from Mourir (nrm: Death)/Môr-(synd: Darkness) and Vortigern (A legendary brythonic/welsh kiing known for his debauchery and vice)

Utheriel comes from Uther Pendragon (Arthur's father) and a common suffix found on angel and elf names.

Is this names in another place too or just in your theory? I remember utheriel (or something similar) in another games.

I don't think it's a good idea to mix made-up names with the canon names. It makes things confusing.

They actually fit close to what the leaks have depicted in story (rise of a powerful dark legendary, more observant light mythical).

Eternatus and Meteodyna are not official, they're leaked. And we have no idea if these leaks are made-up or not, or even if they come from within GF itself.

Plus Eternatus sounds more like a holy legendary than a dark one

Where is the confirmation? Partial matches betwee the leaks and the trailers? Unless GF confirms it or all of it is true by release, it is by definiton unconfirmed.

There's no confirmation yet, just a leak.
But I believe too that mixing made-up names is not good, confusing. Just imagine if everyone here creates a theory and do the same. We should stay with just confirmed/leak (and this leak only) names in order to avoid confusion.

Where is the confirmation? Partial matches betwee the leaks and the trailers?
Full matches, not partials and not even vaguely. The Eternatus leak especially has been confirmed over and over again. The Meteordyna leak has less information, but everything else in it has had specific details that have also been confirmed at this point.

Where is the confirmation? Partial matches betwee the leaks and the trailers?
Dude.
The evil team is called Team Yell.
One of the Gym Leaders is a girl named Ruri, a Water user. (Ruri is the Japanese name of Nessa)
There's a mode that turns certain Pokemon big called Dynamax.

There's an early-game Normal-type named Wool. (The name is actually Wooloo, but close enough)
It's a sheep Pokemon.
It's like a combination of Zigzagoon and Mareep.
The one who looks like the minor legendary is called something-dyna.
I forget, but it was six kana.

Also, Rotom Dex is back. (Although the Rotom Phone is introduced, it is functionally similar to the Rotom Dex).

Like I said, the new feature is gonna be Dynamax.
The Pokemon grow huge.
The Pokemon GO-like raid battles will probably be done in the PV stadium.
The evil team is Team Yell.

The new feature is Dynamax.
The Pokemon grow huge.
That one big Pokemon can fight multiple Pokemon.

I just remembered the minor legendary's name.
I'm sure it's Meteordyna (meteodaina).
It might be a major legendary.
Also, the early-game Normal-type is Wool, a sheep Pokemon.
Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie

Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble

To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana

Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif (Although the main legendary is a wolf, this sentence implies that they will be two forms of the same Pokemon when in actuality they are two separate Pokemon entirely). Don't recall its name

Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu

Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game.
It's ton of details that are impossible to just randomly predict.
And we have no idea if these leaks are made-up or not, or even if they come from within GF itself.
Somebody just made up Hop, Dynamaxing, Team Yell, Marnie, Nessa, Wooloo, Yamper, Milo, league endorsements, Cramorant....

Where is proof of the eternatus leak? he hasn't even been revealed officially, nor do we have a design. We don't even have evidence of the leaked lore.

Just because one or two things is right does not vindicate or proove the entire leak.

Where is proof of the eternatus leak? he hasn't even been revealed officially, nor do we have a design. We don't even have evidence of the leaked lore.

Just because one or two things is right does not vindicate or proove the entire leak.
It's more than one or two things, it's a long long list of things that have been proven right for the Eternatus leak.

Let's be fair. There is no confirmation yet of this (but all the rest matches so it must be true).

Mixing the made-up names in this is bad, but there's no confirmation of anything yet.

Plus, It's unlikely that nintendo had actually made playable builds that go that far into the game at the time these leaks were made.

I'm just really skeptical when it comes to leaks, that's all.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom