• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary birds in hgss?

Abeslutly not, Arcanine is a legendary pokemon acording to its spices.

However, noone actually consider it to be a lengendary pokemon. And no it's not psedo-ledgendary either, it is however the 7. most powerfull non-ledendary pokemon acording to its stats, only surpassed by the psedoes and Slaking.

Spell check would be nice.
Also it's not legendary, by what you say every dragon should be a legendary because their species are supposed to be "legendary." His stats are good and he is one of my favs, but just not a legendary.

Spell check would be nice.
Also it's not legendary, by what you say every dragon should be a legendary because their species are supposed to be "legendary." His stats are good and he is one of my favs, but just not a legendary.
No. What Battaman meant was that it's Classification in the Pokedex is "Legendary Pokemon":
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/059.shtml

In other words, according to the Pokedex, it is a legendary Pokemon plain and simple.

Shinx3000, it has been confirmed by a special booklet advertising the games that the legendary birds will appear in Kanto. It seemed possible yesterday that the scan was a fake, but we've seen other pages from the booklet and it is very hard to deny their authenticity.
Yes, we know there is such a booklet. However, what we don't know yet is if that page is actually real, or if it's just a fake that replicated the style of the scan/took out the actual content of the page and replaced it with stuff about the Birds. And with the blandness of the page, that really wouldn't be too difficult to do.

I don't see how anyone could be doubting this.

Was the battle frontier from Platinum not implemented in HG/SS, even though the BF is on mainland?
What makes you think the birds can't be in HGSS, because Platinum had them?

Battle Frontier repeat showed us that pretty much anything is possible and borrowing from other games is not out of the question.

This is not a good idea in terms of continuity.
Gen II takes place in the exact same timeframe as Gen IV. So, even if the legendary birds were to be encountered in Johto (or Kanto), it does not fit with the belief that they had nested in Sinnoh during this time. Besides, considering how most of us have either obtained the legendary birds through Platinum and/or the Pal Park method with FRLG, it's not really necessary.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the Sinnoh adventure happens some time after the Johto one begins. By the time that Lucas/Dawn are leaving Twinleaf, Hibiki/Kotone have already defeated the red Gyarados. It is possible, for continuity's sake, that the birds are encountered in HGSS and then flee to Sinnoh. This would mean that their roosting spots, whatever those may be now, were disturbed by Hibiki/Kotone rather than by Red/Leaf. It really doesn't need to conflict with the continuity that much at all.

As for my opinion on their inclusion, I think it's a bit of a waste of space since they're already catchable in Platinum. However, that doesn't mean I don't like the idea. Having the birds in HGSS could give Lugia an importance equal to that of Ho-Oh (who was clearly the more important Johto bird in GSC.) Also, I don't mind catching them again, saves me the trouble of Pal Parking.

All in all, I don't mind the birds being there. However, I don't want Mewtwo and the Latis to get excluded. If they are, then I'm gonna be pissed

I saw that scan and didn't beleive it for a minute. I mean, it's perfectly clear, the pictures are all ones we've seen before, and most japanese scans have stuff jumbled all over the page. This one seems very fake to me.

I saw that scan and didn't beleive it for a minute. I mean, it's perfectly clear, the pictures are all ones we've seen before, and most japanese scans have stuff jumbled all over the page. This one seems very fake to me.

What? If you are talking about the legendary birds being in HG/SS then that is indeed a fact. Other then that idk what you are referring to.

Am I the only one who think that there is a possibility that there are more than one each bird? Refering to the fact, that in Platinum they made it very clear that there exist at least 2 Regigas, as you need (event) Regigas to get Regies, and you need Regies to get (normal) Regigas.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Legendary Bird Trio will likely be located in the Whirl Islands.

When you think about it logically, there are 4 Whirl Islands.
One is occupied by Lugia, the other 3 are un-occupied.

Therefore the Birds might be locked in a basement within each of the remaining three islands. The basement would probably be unlocked after finishing the game, beating the elite four and getting the National Dex.

Think about it.
:-/

That sounds like a good possibility. But you shouldn't have to wait for the National Dex. All of the Kanto and Johto Pokemon were on the Johto Pokedex already. The birds were 235, 236, and 237 on the Johto Pokedex (though that may be changed since they seem to be changing number ordering in the HG/SS Pokedex compared to G/S). But other than that, the Whirl Islands actually seem like a logical location. ^_^

If the birds were included, they could make Lugia do to them what the event Regigigas did to the regis. After catching Lugia and gaining acess to Kanto, taking Lugia (and possibly having it tailing behind you) to various places will unlock hidden room/s/small dungeon with the bird inside.

For Zapdos, this could be at the back of the power plant in the upper-right corner.

For Articuno, the second island with no entry could be it.

Moltres I can't think of a location for. It could easily be put in victory road somewhere, or it could be somewhere else, sense we have yet to know about the sevii islands.

If the birds were included, they could make Lugia do to them what the event Regigigas did to the regis. After catching Lugia and gaining acess to Kanto, taking Lugia (and possibly having it tailing behind you) to various places will unlock hidden room/s/small dungeon with the bird inside.

For Zapdos, this could be at the back of the power plant in the upper-right corner.

For Articuno, the second island with no entry could be it.

Moltres I can't think of a location for. It could easily be put in victory road somewhere, or it could be somewhere else, sense we have yet to know about the sevii islands.
That wouldn't make sense, though, as Lugia is more or less the "trio master." Catching the master to catch the others doesn't make much sense.

I once thought that they might pull a Crystal, and in HG we have to catch the three birds to catch Lugia, and in SS we have to catch the three dogs to catch Ho-Oh. Tedious, but I can see it happening.

The birds being in doesn't bother me, I think it's cool and another extra to do.

Shinx3000, it has been confirmed by a special booklet advertising the games that the legendary birds will appear in Kanto. It seemed possible yesterday that the scan was a fake, but we've seen other pages from the booklet and it is very hard to deny their authenticity.

Placing the birds in both Platinum and HGSS is far from being one of Game Freak's brightest ideas, but I have to say that you were too confident to think it was impossible based on Generation III's precedent alone. In fact, one of the game trailers essentially confirmed the birds' relationship with Lugia in the game canon, so there is potential for a worthwhile story. However, a proper subplot involving the birds requires that they have habitats again, unlike in Platinum; to this end, either Kanto will be retconned or the Sevii Islands will be revisited.

Ok, this still kinda backs up my D/P > HGSS timeline not Platinum > HGSS, if Platinum brains are in HGSS then I'll know for sure. But anyway it was never confirmed that there was only one set of bird trios so there could very well be more around. But still I suppose FR/LG coming when it did made it ok for legendary pokemon to appear only in one set of games, not both the RSE and FR/LG, but since Platinum has been out so long they might be trying to hook people that don't have Platinum so they can obtain pokemon that were in it...Trio birds, movie arceus with drgaons etc... but if people have D/P with Johto BF being a copy of Platinums one, people who didn't have Platinum but D/P, won't feel left out then I suppose.

So, apparently the theory is now that Zapdos is in Rock Tunnel (actually a logical place since it's by the power plant and would now have a purpose), Moltres is in Victory Road (Come full circle I see), and Articuno is somewhere else.

It's not really a theory; the source of that piece of speculation also claimed that the Regis would be available in Union Cave and Cinnabar Island would be in tact.

More shit for me to do.

Also, I was almost certain that when I saw the birds showcased in the trailer, I knew that they'd be in somehow.

It's not really a theory; the source of that piece of speculation also claimed that the Regis would be available in Union Cave and Cinnabar Island would be in tact.

Still, it makes sense.

That wouldn't make sense, though, as Lugia is more or less the "trio master." Catching the master to catch the others doesn't make much sense.

I once thought that they might pull a Crystal, and in HG we have to catch the three birds to catch Lugia, and in SS we have to catch the three dogs to catch Ho-Oh. Tedious, but I can see it happening.

The birds being in doesn't bother me, I think it's cool and another extra to do.
Wait isnt that what they did in pt with the regis

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom