• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[link] Firefox 1.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall have to upgrade... eventually o_o

I hope most of my extentions work... lol

I've been anxiously waiting for this!

404 Screens rather than that irritating box
Auto-Update for clueless Windows users
Integrated SVG support

Now if only it'll hurry up and be added to the Fedora Repositories, I'll be able to get it. Still a while for me before I can get it, but Windows/Apple users... go nuts! Especially with the SVG support; I'm itching to learn how to code with SVG.

- Trip

Another thing you could do is build your own package. I believe fedoranews.org has a spec file there you can tinker with.

JKaizer said:
I shall have to upgrade... eventually o_o

I hope most of my extentions work... lol

Most of your extensions are likely to break, but Firefox should automatically look for compatitable versions after you upgrade, when you start it up for the first time. That's what happened for me.

TSS_Killer said:
Another thing you could do is build your own package. I believe fedoranews.org has a spec file there you can tinker with.

Is it possible to do that and still keep Firefox updatable by yum? I would do something like that, but I'd really like to keep it simple to update in the future, even if it means waiting a week or so for 1.5.

- Trip

Well, two mysterious breakages and three attempted fixes later, I've got 1.5 working. I only bothered trying to install it because for some odd reason, 1.0.7 just stopped wanting to load. The only fix was to delete the 'chrome' folder in the profile, which I did twice trying to solve the problem, and in the process I accidentally deleted my Bookmarks, also (I can't find my backups).

Even better is HOW I installed 1.5 on here. I let yum install 1.0.7 and then went into /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.7 and replaced all the files in there with the files from the 1.5 tarball. Let's see if yum still manages to update it when the time comes.

Anyway, now, six hours later, everything seems to be well. However, I can't figure out how to add Live Bookmarks now. It used to be that an icon would show up on the toolbar at the very bottom and I could click it and say "Add x feed" and it would be done. Now, the icon appears in the address bar and is not clickable. I've installed an extension that lets me right-click on links to make them Live Bookmarks, but that doesn't help since the extension doesn't actually work.

Any thoughts?

- Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom