• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Loamy Soil?

szmty

Reaction score
I find odd that there's not a single topic talking about of berries. Some people may ignore it, but if you think about it, berries are a pretty important part of the gameplay; they're important enough to occupy a separate place in our bags!!
Berries have been a long time with us and have became an important part of the gameplay, as they have been appearing since Generation II, and they got highly enchanced in Generation III. Ruby and Sapphire introduced many different kinds of berries, and this time we were able to grow them on small patches of loamy soil, which made it possible for trainers to have a large amount of them. Berries were very useful as healing items, specially during the first stages of the game, as they were practically free and very common. Personally, I didn't bought a single Antidote during my entire playthroughs of Emerald (until the battery ran dry), Pearl and Platinum thanks to berries and to the loamy soils that let me to grow a lot of Pecha berries. However, in Generation V we lost the ability to grow berries in-game. Instead, we have to do it via the Dream World, and the amount of berries you may get becomes pretty limited. I'm not a fan of using the Dream World a lot (stupid slow internet connection!!), and thus, I haven't used a single berry this time.
Do you think that loamy soils will ever come back? Or do you think that berries aren't that important for the gameplay anymore?

I hope so. Loamy soils, berry pots, I don't care, I just want the option to grow berries in-game back.

Id rather have the Berry Pots back than Loamy Soil. I liked growing berries on the go rather than keep backtracking to plant and water them, which is a bit annoyong when you want to keep progressing in the game. I would like to see the ability to grow Berries again somehow without having to use the Dream World.

I mentioned in another thred or two that I want a berry farm, all I need is one loction where I can do all my berry planting so I can EV train properly. Gen 5 made this tedious task even harder because of the difficulty to get EV Reducing Berries.

I'd like Berry Pots. No need to backtrack and they're always with you.

If Gen VI utilizes the Dream World, I think it'd be less likely.

I agree that Berry Pots or a berry farm > scattered loamy soil patches. Growing and retrieving berries was really tiresome in Diamond and Platinum.

Maybe a berry farm where you can have your own patch and can grow lots of berries at once.

Like the berry master's house in Hoenn...only bigger, and more plot relevant.

i liked being able to plant berries and it was fun when you would come across useful or rare ones out in the wild or in new towns.

Oh god, I remember I saved up for a bigger house in the Dream World and grew berries for ages. After awhile I started to forget to log into the Dream World and before I knew it all my berries had transformed into Dream Points because I hadn't visited for 100 days. Pissed me off so bad I just stopped growing berries altogether.

I don't often grow berries for in-game purposes though, but once you start it's actually quite fun, so I'd definitely like to see Berry Pots back. I'd rather grow them on the go, whenever I want, instead of being forced to backtrack to loamy soil which you forget the location of all the time.

I love gardening so the aspect of growing berries again appeals to me heavily.

I'd enjoy a middle ground of potted plant and the loamy soil. At some point be able to buy/be gifted some pots to grow berries on your own. As well as some areas where wild berries would grow. In order to balance this, you could probably grow any berry in your pots, and not grow anything in the soil. Each area of soil would have a set few types of berries that would randomly generate there maybe every other day if there wasn't a berry already growing there. Like maybe for example oran, pecha, and razz berries would be a random growing plant in one route, the trainer picks them, and then a random berry would be growing in its place the next day.

I never played HG/SS, so I have never used the Berry Pot. Growing berries on your back seems much more efficient than having to look for loamy soil. I like the idea of yards and farms where you can plant your berries too.

This is an interesting subject.

I don't use berries very often, personally, but they were certainly a thing I missed having in Generation V, especially since I myself do not really have easy access to the Dream World. BW2 certainly improved it by adding that berry stand in the Join Avenue, but it still wasn't always that convenient. I would not mind if Gen VI marks a return to the loamy soil and grow'able berries again, and it'd be beneficial if they did.

Maybe a berry farm where you can have your own patch and can grow lots of berries at once.

Like the berry master's house in Hoenn...only bigger, and more plot relevant.

This. Either berry pots (HGSS) or a large farm like the berry master's house (RSE). Only...please locate the berry farm near a pokemon center so we can at least fly back ;_; the berry master's house was cool and all but troublesome to backtrack.

I'd like to see the Berry Pots make a return... I became so determined for berries in Gen V, I was on Dream World every day xD I now have about 250 Aspear Berries and like 164 Sitrus Berries ect xD

I think I'd prefer the berry pots. They are more mobile, after all, and Pokémon is an adventure game, so not having to backtrack too much is a plus. Though there is a drawback in the form of there being lesser quantities obtained. But that isn't much of a problem...for me, at least.

Maybe it's because I don't use berries often. All I really want is for the EV erasing berries to be present, so it's a bit easier for really scatterbrained EV trainers like myself (or am I the only one? :sweatlol:)

I'd prefer Berry Pots or a central farm like some people have said. I get easily annoyed trying to remember where I planted my berries, and unless they added a feature similar to the Poketch one from Gen IV, it would not be a good idea IMO. Or they could have multiple berry maniacs or something similar around the region that gave out a few berries per day.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom