• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Localized Names

Re: English names

Shiny Noctowl is behind on the main page of this thread...quite a few more were released today. Three words for you: Why Kibago?! WHHHHHYYYYYYY????!!!
(It was changed to Axew. What the yuck.)
http://serebii.net/index2.shtml
New English names in left of picture of Gotchizeru and Rankurusu battling. I think they both got English names.

I kinda like the names... Chandelure is nice.

I don't mind Bianca (which I'm guessing comes from 'Blanca', spanish for white) at all, but...why change it to that in the first place? While keeping the infinately more foreign sounding Cheren, no less? I mean, phew! How random is that?

I'd really, really like to know how they go about deciding this sort of stuff down at NoA HQ.

@Yubukuron:I haven't been on the internet all day. Also, it is true that he has not updated the main page. Finally, I am a Munchlax, not a Slowpoke.

^^ sums up fine...

also happened to me in the fourth gen's first japanese pics , i went all happy to school and was super excited, telling that to my friends, but what i din't know, was that they were announced AGES ago...

Last edited:

It's not that bad of a change. It's weird I know, but Nintendo's weird with that kind of stuff.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps they wanted symmetry, so to speak, so they chose two six-letter names?

I'd really, really like to know how they go about deciding this sort of stuff down at NoA HQ.
Various names are pasted over the wall, then the highest Exec throws a dart at one of them. That's how they do it.

Bianca, huh! I'm very, very pleased with this ~ <3

I don't mind Bianca (which I'm guessing comes from 'Blanca', spanish for white) at all, but...why change it to that in the first place? While keeping the infinately more foreign sounding Cheren, no less? I mean, phew! How random is that?

word, and awesome reference at the same time, but you gotta agree that there aren't many more ''People'' good-sounding names for black.

Blake's more obvious, and Nigel doesn't really fit for Touya's design imo

Blake's more obvious, and Nigel doesn't really fit for Touya's design imo

what if we swap it, Blake for Touya sounds good to me, even though Cheren's already decided...

what now... GYM LEADERZ!

Dent/Pod/Corn
Aloe (or Vera, for a Joke)
Arti
Stacey (or the more common guess, Elektra)
Cliff
Maria
Mace
Shaga or Draco, even Dorian
Iris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom