• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Longest Streak?

PKMN Trainer Spencer

Ace PKMN Trainer
Reaction score
I am going on a battle subway streak. I need the EV items. So I am seeing what I can get my streak to. Just started. At 10 currently.

14. On all lines. I always lose on the way to the Subway Boss.

14. On all lines. I always lose on the way to the Subway Boss.

I was playing on Double battle train. I found it easy. I haven't lost once yet. Might have something to do with my PKMN's levels. I am only fighting 1st or 2nd evovlements. While mine are 3rd.

I have beaten all the "Normal Lines" and on average get up to a 28 streak on all the "Super Lines". My longest winning streak was 33 wins on the Super Single Line.

I got to 69 with a team of metagross, dragonite and terrakion. Then I lost to hax.>.< If I had just 1 more I would and could have submitted my streak for the hall of fame thread at smogon, but my blasted luck...

Edit: I will post my strategy as well, since I have been asked.
Note: all my mons are nearly flawless as far as ivs are concerned.
Spr_5b_376_s.png

Metagross@ Air balloon.
252 hp/ 252 attack/ 4 speed
Adamant nature
Stealth rock
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm

I start off with metagross. If I see a ice type mon, I simply attack and ko it. If it something like a psychic type or grass type or a mon which doesnot threaten metagross. I set up stealth rock and then attack. Stealth rock is very useful for weakening ice types which dragonite detests while it also brings quite few flying types to terrakions ko range, so its very useful indeed.

Meteor mash is brutal. Hammer arm gives coverage and bullet punch is useful for quickly getting rid of frail mons like aerodactly and weavile which threaten my team.

Metagross has enough bulk to survive pretty much every neutral hit. However If i have something like a Arcanine then I switch straight to Terrakion to take the fire attack and hit back hard. Metagross also has perfect defensive synergy with Dragonite.

149.png

Dragonite@Lum berry
Multiscale
Adamant nature
252 attack/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Extremespeed
Fire Punch

My fave mon of all time.
It is a standard d-nite and it is effective. Generally I switch it in on a ground type attack aimed a terrakion or metagross(if it has lost its air balloon) or after my mon is koed. If I have multiscale intact, I simply use dragon dance and become obscenely powerful. Outrage is powerful and koes every single mon in sight. E-speed is useful but I rarely use anything except outrage. Fire Punch is for steel types. Lum berry cures d-nite of burns or paralysis just incase it suffers from one. It also cures the confusion from outrage if the berry is still to be used.

D-nite has fantastic synergy with both members of my team.

Spr_5b_639.png

Terrakion@Choice Band
Jolly
252 attack/ 252 speed/ 4 def
Close Combat
Stone edge
X-scissor
Earthquake

This thing is insanely powerful. I press a button and the mon in front of me is torn to pieces. I have so often ko'ed all 3 rival mons by simply pressing close combat 3 times. Eq is useful for taking down nidoking/queen, etc.

anyway, that's my team.

Last edited:
Super Single: 52. Super Double: 56. Super Multi: 38. I really want to find someone local who's interested in teaming up to beat the Super Multi.

I haven't really tried to build a long streak on the Super Single and Super Double Lines since beating the Bosses.

i had 18 once but not really a fan of battle subway. It would be so much better if you could save the progress after 14 or something its really difficult to do it all in one go....

I got to 69 with a team of metagross, dragonite and terrakion. Then I lost to hax.>.< If I had just 1 more I would and could have submitted my streak for the hall of fame thread at smogon, but my blasted luck...

Spr_5b_376_s.png

Metagross@ Air balloon.
Adamant nature
Stealth rock
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm

I start off with metagross. If I see a ice type mon, I simply attack and ko it. If it something like a psychic type or grass type or a mon which doesnot threaten metagross. I set up stealth rock and then attack. Stealth rock is very useful for weakening ice types which dragonite detests while it also brings quite few flying types to terrakions ko range, so its very useful indeed.

Meteor mash is brutal. Hammer arm gives coverage and bullet punch is useful for quickly getting rid of frail mons like aerodactly and weavile which threaten my team.

Metagross has enough bulk to survive pretty much every neutral hit. However If i have something like a Arcanine then I switch straight to Terrakion to take the fire attack and hit back hard. Metagross also has perfect defensive synergy with Dragonite.

149.png

Dragonite@Lum berry
Multiscale
Adamant nature
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Extremespeed
Fire Punch

My fave mon of all time.
It is a standard d-nite and it is effective. Generally I switch it in on a ground type attack aimed a terrakion or metagross(if it has lost its air balloon) or after my mon is koed. If I have multiscale intact, I simply use dragon dance and become obscenely powerful. Outrage is powerful and koes every single mon in sight. E-speed is useful but I rarely use anything except outrage. Fire Punch is for steel types. Lum berry cures d-nite of burns or paralysis just incase it suffers from one. It also cures the confusion from outrage if the berry is still to be used.

Spr_5b_639.png

Terrakion@Choice Band
Jolly
Close Combat
Stone edge
X-scissor
Earthquake

This thing is insanely powerful. I press a button and the mon in front of me is torn to pieces. I have so often ko'ed all 3 rival mons by simply pressing close combat 3 times. Eq is useful for taking down nidoking/queen, etc.

anyway, that's my team.

WOW, great team setup. Good job. I might try this.

Spr_5b_376_s.png

Metagross@ Air balloon.
Adamant nature
Stealth rock
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm

149.png

Dragonite@Lum berry
Multiscale
Adamant nature
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Extremespeed
Fire Punch

My fave mon of all time.

Spr_5b_639.png

Terrakion@Choice Band
Jolly
Close Combat
Stone edge
X-scissor
Earthquake

anyway, that's my team.

WOW, great team setup. Good job. I might try this.

Thanks!:) Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom