• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- July 30th -- Day 1 -- The Road

It does help, thank you. It would help more if you accompanied it with a vote, though (or is your Beck vote serious now? That's fine if it is, since you included him in the above list of suspects, just say so). Why, after all that scumhunting, would you stick with your RNG vote?

In other words, who is your top suspect? I realize they probably aren't top by much, but who edges out the rest?
First, it was HumanDawn who my vote was on, not Beck.

And that's the problem with posting at 2:30am, forgetting to do stuff. Looking back, I'm think UltimateMaximus is deserving of some attention with his posts and votes.

Unvote: HumanDawn
Vote: UltimateMaximus

I haven't seen nearly as many red flags yet as I would have hoped, so I'll be giving the thread another hard look shortly, but so far I can say this: The subtle shifts against CrackFox so far reek. I don't like this dynamic of the thread at all. Taken in context, her initial post wasn't any more suspicious than those before and after it, yet she picks up a vote from GastlyGibus for it and Soulmaster calls her behavior strange for it as well (though not strange enough to warrant a vote, apparently, despite his current vote being random anyway), meanwhile the only person bothering to point this out is HumanDawn.

It wasn't me who pointed out how Soulmaster said Crackfox's behaviour was a bit strange but didn't vote, I think you're the only one who has? I've only disagreed about the suspicion on Crackfox and Forgotten.

@HumanDawn you are my top (albeit slightly) Townread so far, how do you feel about Soulmaster? Am I wrong to find his non-vote on CrackFox more suspicious than GastlyGibus' vote on CrackFox (since they both call her out on strange behavior)?

I don't think either of them warrant a really serious vote. I can understand why Soulmaster would not vote Crackfox and I think it's nitpicking too much to vote him seriously just for staying with his vote when not voting and waiting for what Crackfox says is an option as well. It would have been better to question Soulmaster of what he thinks after Crackfox posted if that's the option he chose. I can understand why Crackfox voted GastlyGibus (even though Beck didn't vote her, so GastlyGibus didn't jump on his bandwagon) but not Midorikawa's, who I think is just voting GastlyGibus for playing differently and hasn't explained how this different play is scummy. While he was being unfair, he already said himself the votes aren't permanent. He's just being a bit more forceful with the prodding, which I think would have been better to go with questions like "What do you plan on doing this phase to help the game?" since just voting is isn't as helpful.

I don't know why you'd find it suspicious for either of them, it could be strange for them because they don't find it to be normal play for Crackfox. Either way I don't think any of them are deserving of that much attention.

UNVOTE: UltimateMaximus
VOTE: Crystal Onix

I think Crystal Onix thoughts are worth looking more into to see if there's anything definite there. He's posting thoughts there and there but it's not coming across as anything definite, just theory related stuff of what could be because A supported B and C went against D, which is actually pretty easy stuff to post a lot about while coming across as active while also looking like as if you're saying anything helpful (Do we really need somebody to say who and who could be allied and who could not be allied already?). I'd actually appreciate some questioning other than fluff.

I actually agree with Soulmaster about UltimateMaximus. I'd like to hear more than he's been saying, especially why he voted Zenax specifically, as opposed to anyone else, and also why he was amazed at HumanDawn specifically starting out with a self-vote when Midorikawa and jda95 were also given self-votes by the RNG machine, but he made no mention of them. Until then...
Unvote: Soulmaster

I actually agree with Soulmaster about UltimateMaximus. I'd like to hear more than he's been saying, especially why he voted Zenax specifically, as opposed to anyone else, and also why he was amazed at HumanDawn specifically starting out with a self-vote when Midorikawa and jda95 were also given self-votes by the RNG machine, but he made no mention of them. Until then...
Unvote: Soulmaster

I agree about UltimateMaximus and that questioning him is nice, but what does him voting Zenax specifically and only being amazed at my self vote have (he admitted he didn't notice the other self votes) anything worth looking into?

@Phoenicks:

I am really sorry but my old laptop decided that it would be a great time to take (a posibly final) trip to the Fail Islands. My other means of accessing Internet and continue playing are quite restricted so it may be best to just sub me out.

Ah, found it. Page 4, near the bottom. Thanks for bringing that up, HumanDawn.
Although I still want to hear from UltimateMaximus.

I make one post that is obviously going to be followed up by many more before the phase ends and i'm accused of sitting around, twiddling me thumbs? Ridiculous. What exactly am I waiting for? Well more discussion. Even if GM was lynched because of the random majority bandwagon, there's nothing to say he's less deserving of it than anyone else that I could have changed my vote too in that moment. If we are just firing in the dark, GM is as good as anyone else, I was going to change my vote if or when the thread discussion lead to scum reads on another player.

Unvote: GliscorMan
Vote: GastlyGibus

Seems like you just wanted to jump on the bandwagon Beck started. Phoenicks implemented this system so that there wouldn't be a no lynch situation, not because we have too/are meant too change our assigned votes necessarily. It's the fact that not everyone will do that which makes it interesting. I am more inclined to go with my own choices anyway, I was simply waiting for something to work with and I don't like your attitude towards me.

But I haven't started a bandwagon. And I don't intend to, at least not until I have reason. I also don't understand why you would vote GastlyGibus. He's one of maybe two or three players that are actively playing. I'll admit that at times his reasoning is confusing, but he's contributed his fair share. Is he really you're biggest suspicion?

My largest concern is, as I had anticipated, those who refuse to change their vote against a player when the player isn't at risk. It's effectively a No Lynch, it tells us nothing.

Why not switch it up? Especially this early in the game, there's no harm done. Or is it too much trouble to pick another player?
So, you're saying to switch up the votes, what if for some reason we all decided to vote you? It would be switching up the votes, but wait, there's some harm in that isn't there? At least to you there is. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not sure if you're just trying to generate useless dialogue, or if you really have nothing to say. Because I don't know what this means or what you had intended it to mean, but you've definitely captured my attention. You're so obviously playing passive-aggressively.

I would argue that it's entirely different. In any other game, entering a thread and voting for another player, then leaving, is active voting. It's a vote made with malice. What we have here is passive voting. Most of the players aren't ever going to have to take responsibility for any of these RNG votes, so it's just as bad, regardless of whether or not they're on record (it's common for two Mafia to vote one another on Day One, anyway). Albeit, yes, I agree with you that it's too early in the game to expect much. But is it too early to try?

But them saying they'll keep the vote is already leaving a vote in malice(actually it would give a stronger impression if they just voted in bold the RNG vote but that would look dumb). I'm not sure what you mean by passive voting, if they admit to keeping the vote it's taking responsibility for it. You're not wrong there but I still don't agree with your reasoning and your point of view.

But there will be (you can quote me on this) players who don't post at all this phase, and who will not take responsibility for their RNG vote. They won't even bother to acknowledge it. In that case, isn't that the same as not voting at all? It's passive. But at this point, this conversation is moot. I believe we're both of the same mindset: that no matter how it happens, we want players to contribute, regardless of whether or not they change their RNG vote.

It does help, thank you. It would help more if you accompanied it with a vote, though (or is your Beck vote serious now? That's fine if it is, since you included him in the above list of suspects, just say so). Why, after all that scumhunting, would you stick with your RNG vote?

In other words, who is your top suspect? I realize they probably aren't top by much, but who edges out the rest?
First, it was HumanDawn who my vote was on, not Beck.

And that's the problem with posting at 2:30am, forgetting to do stuff. Looking back, I'm think UltimateMaximus is deserving of some attention with his posts and votes.

Unvote: HumanDawn

If you had even an inkling of suspicion toward me, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable if you voted for me. But I don't believe you would, even if you were.

Your vote for UltimateMaximus seems to me to be an attempt to shift any attention in his direction, you're just piling on another vote. I don't find his lesser contribution as alarming as you, Soulmaster, and your indecisive posts. I think UltimateMaximus is an easy player to vote for, whereas voting for myself or any other player that you found suspicious would be asking for more attention. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but out of the two quotes that you posted of UltimateMaximus' here, they were to ask him for more substance, and question why he had focused on HumanDawn. But didn't you feint substance at first? And didn't you leave your vote for HumanDawn as well? UM didn't even vote for him, his focus could have merely been him not noticing Midorikawa and jda who had voted for themselves as well.

I feel that you're so back and forth, and I can see the frustration in your posts. You're also pulling at straws with your scumhunting (even if you claim it isn't any good). You're at the top of my list.

UNVOTE: Master Mew
VOTE: Soulmaster

@Beck; Right now, he is yes. I'm not too worried about voting for active players in this game, it's pretty big and most of the players are known to be be good contributers so it's not something that worries me this time round.

Even though he subbed out so it probably doesn't matter now, I was kind of suspicious of Mr,Fahrenheit. I think his thought process on Paperhorse and I being related was pretty shallow, and not very logical.

And Beck I'm not sure of you either. Many of the things you have been saying you have demonstrated yourself, and you've come off as very agressive yourself.

But there will be (you can quote me on this) players who don't post at all this phase, and who will not take responsibility for their RNG vote. They won't even bother to acknowledge it. In that case, isn't that the same as not voting at all? It's passive. But at this point, this conversation is moot. I believe we're both of the same mindset: that no matter how it happens, we want players to contribute, regardless of whether or not they change their RNG vote.

I know that, so why not vote the players who haven't said anything yet instead of the players who actually have? That would really be the same as not voting at all and really be passive. Yeah I agree, but next time I think we should just try getting more out of the players who haven't really said anything yet(You know who you are).

Interesting case on Soulmaster, I could see a bit where he was coming from with the vote on UM but I don't get why he'd be frustrated. I'm still going to keep my vote on Crystal Onix though, he didn't answer what he wanted to achieve by indirectly asking UM why he voted Zenax out of all players, and then went on to fluff post again. Was is it really necessary to make a post like "Oh, is that so? Let me find that..." and then make a post like "Ahh yes! I found it!" when he could have just found the post and put it all together in one post.

And Beck I'm not sure of you either. Many of the things you have been saying you have demonstrated yourself, and you've come off as very agressive yourself.

Like what? And I'm not trying to be aggressive, my apologies if I've gone too far.

I know that, so why not vote the players who haven't said anything yet instead of the players who actually have? That would really be the same as not voting at all and really be passive. Yeah I agree, but next time I think we should just try getting more out of the players who haven't really said anything yet(You know who you are).

Interesting case on Soulmaster, I could see a bit where he was coming from with the vote on UM but I don't get why he'd be frustrated. I'm still going to keep my vote on Crystal Onix though, he didn't answer what he wanted to achieve by indirectly asking UM why he voted Zenax out of all players, and then went on to fluff post again. Was is it really necessary to make a post like "Oh, is that so? Let me find that..." and then make a post like "Ahh yes! I found it!" when he could have just found the post and put it all together in one post.

Good point. And to be completely honest, I'm not sure anymore of who to vote between Crystal Onix, Soulmaster, and UltimateMaximus. There's a lot of discussion surrounding them, which makes reading any deeper than the surface level more difficult.

I'm not very suspicious of you, but I'm just taking everything you say with a bit of caution.

Also I think HumanDawn specifically pointed out exactly what I said on page 7 I believe.

I'm not really feeling good on a lynch on any of those players. Especially CO, he just seems kinda jumpy with his votes. I don't see anything with UltimateMaximus so far either. The only one who has put me off is Soulmaster, for the reasons already mentioned.

I'm sure you know well that friendship and love does not stop the lynches from coming. Ship me a cheesecake and then we'll start talking friendship. ;D

Also, I'll be willing to reconsider my vote once I get better reads on everyone since not everyone has had the chance to post during Day 1 yet.
Ignoring the first part, did nobody notice that she essentially said the exact same thing as CrackFox, Forgotten, and myself? That is exactly what she is saying, except she makes it sound not as straight-forward.
Some people just play based on meta, so they tend focus on the people who they view as more threatening if mafia.
So I would like to ask you the same questions that have been asked of the rest of us.
I would have preferred if you have found the questions you wanted me to answer because this is very vague and could mean any question.

I'll assume that it's this since Beck mentioned all three in that post.
What exactly are you waiting for? What do you need to see to step outside of your comfort zone?
I waiting for more people to post their thoughts, so I can have a better idea on who could possibly be mafia. I'm willing to change my RNG vote if I feel that someone is acting very suspicious for some potential scummy reason and I want to speak my mind on that by voting them to see if they can explain why they are acting that way.

With that in mind, @Neonsands; @Zenax; @GliscorMan; @Rabbit; what are your reads of Day 1 so far?
These people were mentioned based on the fact that they haven't posted in Day 1 yet.

Also, I agree with Beck's point:
Your vote for UltimateMaximus seems to me to be an attempt to shift any attention in his direction, you're just piling on another vote. I don't find his lesser contribution as alarming as you, Soulmaster, and your indecisive posts. I think UltimateMaximus is an easy player to vote for, whereas voting for myself or any other player that you found suspicious would be asking for more attention.

Also, I would like to bring in attention how he was just basically repeating the questions that Midorikawa already asked UM.
Still can't believe that the random vote made Human vote himself.
@UltimateMaximus; What was the point of the "omg rng made Human vote himself" post, when looking at the list shows that others did the same, and even outside of this game, the action does happen naturally.

Like was noted, so did several other people, why focus only on HumanDawn?

Thus, Soulmaster didn't add anything new to the table which is why I'm keeping my vote on him for now.

Last edited:

I'm not quite sure what this 'case' surrounding me is. I don't see the substance at all. Other people have kept their original rng votes and aren't being hounded for it, not to mention that the vote was simply a placeholder until a better option came along. I'm pleased that there's some players who see the hypocrisy in that and are somewhat defending me. In terms of the other players who are under suspician;

Crystal Onix; Town reads

He noticed the hypocrisy in the logic that the rng vote thing makes me suspicious but not others. He's contributing a lot and seems level headed and relaxed in his attitude. Not seeming panicked when he's asked questions or acting a bit aggressively as someone rightly pointed out that Beck is to some extent.

UltimateMaximus; Neutral

His votes seem like a copout. He is usually voted out very early in games and probably has become an easy target. Combined with the fact that he doesn't have a reputation for contributing much or defending himself, even when innocent. I think he's easy pickings to be honest. I don't have an opinion on him, nor would I be particularly angsty about randomly voting him myself, if there was no better options.

Soulmaster: Neutral to unsure

He started out by agreeing with the consensus that I was acting odd. I wasn't and haven't been acting against my usual playstyle. I've never played a game that works with a random vote system but if I had played a game like that in the past, I can assure people I would probably start out by keeping the random vote until something better came along. Not doing that just seems pedantic. I totally don't agree that i'm acting odd and i'm not the only person that has done this anyway. Once again I feel like SM was blindly running with this guilty campaign against me for no decent reason. I suspect he would have kept the doubt over me unless some people hadn't come to my defense, people who were bothering to build a case intelligently like MasterMew. I think he could be one of those players who just go with whichever way the wind is blowing, as long as it's not in their direction. I wouldn't say he's mafia. That's a big leap to make. Still, I think the lynch on him could potentially pay off so I'm not exactly against it either.

I haven't got much of an opinion on other players at this point. HumanDawn, MasterMew and Leggo are giving me town reads. Bit weary of Beck but I do get some town reads from him amongst the doubt so meh for now. Would like to hear a lot more from players like jda95, Parma and Paperhorse.

Apologies to Beck, for some reason I was under the impression that he voted for me first and GG jumped on the bandwagon. I still think that Gibus jumped on the FoS bandwagon though and what I just insinuated SM could be doing, I highly suspect Gibus was doing that too.

I'm going to go ahead and vote.
Vote:Soulmaster.

As said, he hasn't really added much, and I agree with Crackfox, her behavior wasn't shady and he's been pursueing that.
Of all the town's lynch possibilitys, he is the only one I really agree with scum read.

unvote: parma
vote: hippowdon

Stands out the most to me as changing their vote a lot for almost no reason.

I hope Boromir dies soon, we all know a fantasy story doesn't really start untill Sean Bean has been killed off.

unvote: parma
vote: hippowdon

Stands out the most to me as changing their vote a lot for almost no reason.

I hope Boromir dies soon, we all know a fantasy story doesn't really start untill Sean Bean has been killed off.

But you could accuse Crystal Onix of that. Anything that differentiates the two to you?

So something that I have seen a couple times in regards to myself is that I haven't added much. Might I ask, how have I not? Did nobody see that post of mine. If y'all are saying that I haven't added much, what about those players who have added nothing? Zenax, Gliscorman, Neonsands, Rabbit(trusting Leggo with these names). And how have I not contributed much, I pointed out a couple things which hadn't, which is more than other people have. Namely UM and Hippowdon. Yes it looks like I'm just trying to shift blame, and I can't say that I'm not, but either way it looks like I'm heavily on the chopping block, with just a few hours left.

23tl89z.png
@Pariah; is replacing Mr. Fahrenheit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom