• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Lugia vs Kyogre

Lugia is just beautiful. It wins in terms of design and nostalgia.
Plus, with Lugia, I was still watching the animé around Pokémon 2000 so I can still associate that with the animé whereas Kyogre ain't got nuffin; on it deyr.

I like both to be honest we got Kyogre who's based on the premordial god of the oceans the leviathen and the undisputed ruler of the Pokemon oceans and Lugia who can be seen as Kyogre's second-in-command and guards the oceans...

But I'll choose Kyogre I prefer psysical attackers to defensive ones

I like both to be honest we got Kyogre who's based on the premordial god of the oceans the leviathen and the undisputed ruler of the Pokemon oceans and Lugia who can be seen as Kyogre's second-in-command and guards the oceans...

But I'll choose Kyogre I prefer psysical attackers to defensive ones

First, Kyogre is a special attacker, not a physical one. Second, I don't recall any instance of Kyogre being called the "King of the seas", it is believed to have created the oceans of Hoenn, but it is not known as the King of the Seas. Conversely, Lugia has been called the king of the seas in at least one medium (the anime). Do the math.

Lugia!!!!!!!
Pokemon 2000 + being the king of the seas and being a majestic bird = EPIC

They both awesome but I like Lugia he's my huggable flying psychi water dragon friend! :D

First, Kyogre is a special attacker, not a physical one. Second, I don't recall any instance of Kyogre being called the "King of the seas", it is believed to have created the oceans of Hoenn, but it is not known as the King of the Seas. Conversely, Lugia has been called the king of the seas in at least one medium (the anime). Do the math.

And Dialga and Palkia only created Shinnoh? The myths aren't exlusive to the region People in Johto and Kanto arte aware of Groudon and Kyogre's existance

How I see it the world was made like this

Areceus created Dailgia Palkia and Giratina who in turn stabilized the universe.

Kyogre, groudon and Rayquaza were created some time later Groudon raising the land (a la poke-pangea) and Kyogre filling the sea's then they met and got into the huge blow-out fight that nearly destroyed the world until Rayquaza decided to stop them putting them into entrernal sleep until some dumbassess (Aqua and MAgma) decided to wake them up.

Regigas then split the land into several contenets (Kanjo, Hoenn Arpegeio, Shinnoh and Isshu)

Mew then was born and created the lesser Ledends and normal pokemon Lugia was born to guard the sea;s (Like Posideon) Rayquaza was replaced with Ho-oh to guard the sky while he flew around the world

And besides Team Galectic wanted to destroy the universe do you think it was exlusive to Shinnoh what they planned to do? Or what if Breden/May didn't summon Rayquaza? The effects would have spread across the entire pokemon world.

And Anime=/=Games

Kyogre. I always was intrigued by those odd, primal designs on its body. Also, it can summon rain. Not like a little bit, like world ending deluge kind of rain.

D: omigosh I love both of these.

but Kyogre.
'cause Sapphire was the best pokemon game. ever.

I've always preferred Lugia. He just looks better and I've used Lugia better in the past.

Hard to say. In battle, it's really hard to judge, but personally, I love Kyogre, 'cause it's an orca. XD

i love Lugia for the variety of moves it can know. (mine in SS uses Extrasensory, Aeroblast, Hydro Pump, and Earthquake. it's one of my favourties for battle.) i mean, it's a psychic/flying type. how awesome is that for a legendary? okay, it doesn't have the Drizzle ability, but that doesn't make it any less of a great pokemon in battle. (besides, abilities were introduced in generation three. most of the legendaries from one and two got the same ability, except i think for Celebi.)

HA! Kyogre vs Lugia?! LATIOS OWNS! But.... id say lugia cuz hes so flippin cool has better stats and is a badass dragon! :D :p

I chose Lugia. Because it is the legendary mascot of my favorite game(s) and is from my favorite Pokemon movie. :)

However, Kyogre is pretty close because Sapphire is my second favorite game of all time. :)

Lugia. Bird of prey + Deadly water monster + Beast of the seas + Epic shadow form + A trio Master + Uncontrolable temper = EPIC POKEMON

I prefer Lugia, but Kyogre would win in a battl everytime. Though I like Lugia better, Kyogre's design is more inspired.

Kyogre wins due to his broken Drizzle+Thunder combo. Plus he's a killer whale for pete's sake!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom