• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

So there will be two Genesect in this film? Wow, this is the first time that two members of the same legendary pokemon species will appear together in a film.

After all the new forms we got in Pokemon B2W2, I really don't want any more from this generation..Is it even possible since the games are now out and no other forms were discovered?

No, it's not possible. The only way Genesect could get a new form is in future games. I imagine that glow is just Download giving it a power boost.

Well, there was the first D&P movie, Dialga VS Palkia... which got "VS Darkrai" added to it.

Ah, forgot about that one.

The Pokémon Company posted a short 30 second preview of M16 on its YouTube channel:
[video=youtube;u-S6mTUV-9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-S6mTUV-9w[/video]
Yes, I knew it! :3

Can't wait to see who discovered and resurrected this Genesect. Could it be Colress' work?

That looks totally epic awesome. The graphics the sound... I'm actually impressed with just the trailer XDD

In the games, N had ordered the 'scientist' to stop resurrecting Genesect, but the 'scientist' went ahead and did it anyways. Akuroma doesn't know about N's existance so it's highly unlikely its his work...

But then again, who knows. The anime/movie has several non-canon plots anyways. If they make it as Akuroma's work, then it's likely Team Plasma is appearing in the movie as well.

Anime artwork (Genesect):
come2.jpg

geno01.jpg
Background image (not really something THAT interesting but still...)
bg.jpg

Anime artwork (Genesect):
come2.jpg

geno01.jpg
Background image (not really something THAT interesting but still...)
bg.jpg
I see 'New York' and 'Central Park' in the first image. I'm guessing they're stating that Central Park is the inspiration for the city in the trailer? If so, good thinking to end BW with a movie location actually based off of NYC.

Also, it looks like the location is being called 'Pokemon Hills'? I guess that explains the hill in the second picture.

Last edited:

So there will be two Genesect in this film? Wow, this is the first time that two members of the same legendary pokemon species will appear together in a film.

Nope.

The Deoxys movie had two Deoxys in it as well.

And you could probably count the Celebi Movie (they were all the same Celebi, I guess though)

I suspect the two Genesect will play an antagonistic role, with the protagonist Pokemon being revealed next year. Though I guess it's possible for the two to be in conflict with one another, with the original prototype being cast aside for the shiny new one or something.

The CGI is ugly as hell, but hey what else is new. At least they look cool.

I have high expectations for this movie. Hopefully, it'll have a great story plot as well.

I find it terribly uninteresting that there are two Genesect in this movie, as if it weren't enough that the regular Genesect is getting a role in Episode N. I could understand featuring Genesect and its ancient counterpart in the same movie, but a shiny, faster version? If the ancient Genesect were to be introduced in this movie, there would be three Genesect, which would be ridiculous even if Game Freak to pass as off the ancient counterpart as a separate species (which they shouldn't, as the current Genesect is clearly identified with its ancient self). I guess that the shiny Genesect could somehow revert to an ancient form, but that would be rather random, too.

You know how in the past few movies the crew do to a different real life place each year to base the movie location off of (ie. Florence, Barcelona, Norway, France in no order)? Have they revealed what location for this movie yet? So far it seems like "rocky desert + nondescript huge city" at the moment. Maybe Ash and co. go back to Castelia/Resort Desert?

^Central Park, according to Yuyama. At least from what I could make out.

Did they actually confirm there would be 2 Genesect in the movie? Perhaps they just wanted to show a comparison of the shiny Genesect and the normal Genesect.

Can't wait for February now. That's when they usually have "big" movie news.

Did they actually confirm there would be 2 Genesect in the movie? Perhaps they just wanted to show a comparison of the shiny Genesect and the normal Genesect.

Can't wait for February now. That's when they usually have "big" movie news.

This trailer wouldn't have two different Genesect in it if it wasn't going to be like that....

I know, movie trailers tend to not look like the final product. But...this isn't something that would be cut out...

While I don't see the regular Genesect being removed at this point, it will only play a minor role judging from the poster and even the trailer.

This trailer wouldn't have two different Genesect in it if it wasn't going to be like that....

I know, movie trailers tend to not look like the final product. But...this isn't something that would be cut out...

So Zoroark transformed into an evil Satoshi with no tail? :p

I find it terribly uninteresting that there are two Genesect in this movie, as if it weren't enough that the regular Genesect is getting a role in Episode N. I could understand featuring Genesect and its ancient counterpart in the same movie, but a shiny, faster version? If the ancient Genesect were to be introduced in this movie, there would be three Genesect, which would be ridiculous even if Game Freak to pass as off the ancient counterpart as a separate species (which they shouldn't, as the current Genesect is clearly identified with its ancient self). I guess that the shiny Genesect could somehow revert to an ancient form, but that would be rather random, too.

They're already going overboard with the 'sects. I say bring in the ancient counterpart anyway. There are still four tubes unaccounted for in that lab N was in.

They're already going overboard with the 'sects. I say bring in the ancient counterpart anyway. There are still four tubes unaccounted for in that lab N was in.
I say bring in an actually new Pokémon. I am not nearly as curious about the ancient Genesect as I am interested in the kinds of species that lived in its era.

I say bring in an actually new Pokémon. I am not nearly as curious about the ancient Genesect as I am interested in the kinds of species that lived in its era.

Well, its era was of the giant arthropods...

Bug/Dragon arthropleura maybe? A rivalry between it and the Genesect bros. could be set up.

Well, its era was of the giant arthropods...
Not only them.

Bug/Dragon arthropleura maybe? A rivalry between it and the Genesect bros. could be set up.
Possibly, but I think that would be a waste of potential considering that giant bugs also exist in modern times in the Pokémon world. I'd rather see one of the earliest cynodonts. Granted, they only appeared around 260 million years ago, but I doubt that Game Freak or the movie writers would find that a problem.

If we're going by real life, most of the the critters during the Paleozoic were living in the water until the very end of that era.

It would be cool if ancient Genosect was a water-based insect. That would also give it a water vs. sky thing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom