• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I think the home media cover will look like...

h9970C2F4

Looks like this movie will handle the Wishes theme much better than movie 6.

I don't think the dub title is bad, it's a good reference to how the legendaries come from different generations.

I find Hoopa's dub voice just fine since Hoopa is suppose to sound like a mischievous prankster. Personally I heard worse voice acting in dubbed anime like in one anime that have child characters sound like fully grown men, and in another anime a character that is a monsterus being that can destroy worlds sounding like a joker clown. If no one believes me, I can whip up some examples. Besides, we don't know what Hoopa unbound voice sounds like in both the Japaneses and and the dub versions since we never heard them in both of the trailers.

Hoopa's English voice is horrific. Did they just use the first person they found on the street?

I think the Japanese voice of Hoopa is a lot worse, I think the dub fits Hoopa the character, while I listen to the Japanese voice, and go "Is that what they think Hoopa should sound like" I mean the dub voice still doesn't sound right, but it fits better than the Japanese voice.

The dub voice is horrible. This actor obviously has no experience and puts NO work into the role.

Here is the latest trailer for the movie.

[video=youtube;flKSQUE4uFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flKSQUE4uFo[/video]

Here is my summary of what happened in the trailer.

Trailer
- Hoopa Unbound is surrounded in a purple shadowy aura and starts speaking.
- Some of the bad Legendary Pokemon attack Désert City.
- Hoopa (Confined) brings some kind Legendary Pokemon from the portals in two of its golden rings.
- The kind and bad Legendary Pokemon start battling eachother.
- Ash rides on a Lugia through the city alongside Latios, Latias and a Shiny Mega Rayquaza.
- The Traveler pats Hoopa on hits head.
- Team Rocket are standing in the city and they are really happy.
- Barza tries to go and see Hoopa because he is also worried about it, but Mary stops Barza by holding onto him.
- Mary cries as she calls out to Hoopa, because she is also worried about it.
- Hoopa Unbound stands in front of Ash an co. somewhere in the city.
- Hoopa Unbound also has a dark purple shadowy aura surrounding it.
- A black tornado with bits of bright red inside it, moves across some location, destroying it.
- The Prison Bottle, which also has a dark purple shadowy aura coming out of it, is falling towards the ground.
- Ash catches it just in time before it falls and breaks.
- Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and Ash's Pikachu are all worried about Ash.
- Ash then has a dark purple shadowy aura surround his body and his eyes are glowing red.
- Purple lignting comes from some story clouds above Désert City.
- The Legendary Pokemon stop fighting for a bit.
- Hoopa flies through the black and purple stormy sky and transforms into Hoopa Unbound.
- The dark stormy clouds disappear and there is now a clear blue and sunny sky.
- While Hoopa Unbound is in the sky, it throws two of its golden rings.

Yeah, I still hold firm that there is gonna be a wham reveal for the movie in june or July before the premiere. That final Hoopa shot with it in control of the forme has to be from the past, otherwise there is something else for the atagonist, or just in general the evil aura is for something entirely differrent then Hoopa. I wonder if they would go so far as have a background atagonist Pokemon that technically doesn't exist, or in general would suggest a much deeper plot.

Would be insane for example if it takes over Arceus or something and have a new Arceus form....
Edit: In general I maintain that its gonna have something else new, to connect it to the new games, which likely will get announced this June. I mean shit, think about the movie 19 teaser. You cant use Volcanion, its not offiial. Hoopa and ORAS are all here, so that's out of the question. Kalos duo again? Nah, never gonna happen. But Zygarde? That thing would set off alarma without a game announced, so having an incentive for that/those game/games as well as Hoopa U in the movie is something to think about. You know what? No hoopa, no arceua form, and hell, no reveal. Movie ends on a cliffhanger, final money shot is the two new Zygarde formes being summoned, with the game being revealed at the end.....too much?

Last edited:
You know what? No hoopa, no arceua form, and hell, no reveal. Movie ends on a cliffhanger, final money shot is the two new Zygarde formes being summoned, with the game being revealed at the end.....too much?

Way, way too much.

I noticed that at the end of the trailer, there's Torchic and Noibat, and Gorbys, but no Goodra. Chances are, Jessie's Pumpkabo will evolve in an episode at some point before the movie's pramire. The Noibat and Torchic on the other hand is a bit suspicious since we don't know why they belong to. We seen random Pokemon appear in a Pikachu short before in the past, all of them has random Pokemon that don't really belong to anyone. It is possible that the Torchic belongs to Serena, since she likes cute Pokemon (She still loves her Braxien even though it evolved, much how May loves her Blaziken), but I don't see why she needs another fire type. It is possible that Serena got the Torchic when it was an egg, but we don't know until when ever that episode is comes up. The Noibat is still a mystery, it might belong to ether Ash or Clemont. Ash already has two flying type Pokemon, so I don't know why he would have a third one. I don't see Clemont owning a flying type Pokemon even though he has Bunnleby and Chespin. Maybe the Noibat belongs to ether Jessie or James? We don't know about it until that episode comes up. Since there's no Goodra, sadly I think Ash released his Goodra. :( We don't know what really happens to Goodra in another two weeks, so I'm guessing that the writers are keeping his fate a secret for now. Anyways, I'm rammpling off topic.

The battle in the trailer looks like it's going to be as crazy as we said it's going to be! Team Rocket finally appears in the trailer for the movie,even though it;'s only a few seconds. I wonder what they're happy about. Maybe the saw something that made them really happy? We won't know it until we watch the movie. Ash getting engulfed by an evil aura from the Prism bottle and gets corrupted, Oh no, this is making things twisted! This had never happened to Ash before, so we can only guess how this is going to turn out! They're going to have to figure out a way to make Ash snap out of it some how. Maybe Pikachu will? They do have a very close bond with each other.

Okay first off Serena's Braixen wasn't in that shot either and seeing how it's unlikely she would release her I think it's safe to say no Pokémon got released. T.R. is probably going gaga over Hoopa (they're way too predictable). And lastly Ash got covered in a shadowy aura and turned evil before when he was possessed by the king of Pokélantis so this isn't a first time thing for him.

Anyway I think it's safe to say that Hoopa unbound is evil in this movie.

Team Rocket finally appears in the trailer for the movie,even though it;'s only a few seconds. I wonder what they're happy about. Maybe the saw something that made them really happy? We won't know it until we watch the movie.
Nyasu is exclaiming that it's a festival of legendaries so, much like the rest of us diehard pokefans, they simply cannot believe their luck that this many legendaries are gracing them with their presence all at once!!

Thanks buddy, I would've made a real fool of myself without you.

Speaking of fools, I can't believe Satoshi the Dark Lord is returning! What joy!
(But let me not get fooled by the trailer... Satoshi may not even be in the film for all we know.)

Team Rocket finally appears in the trailer for the movie,even though it;'s only a few seconds. I wonder what they're happy about. Maybe the saw something that made them really happy? We won't know it until we watch the movie.
Nyasu is exclaiming that it's a festival of legendaries so, much like the rest of us diehard pokefans, they simply cannot believe their luck that this many legendaries are gracing them with their presence all at once!!

I knew they were happy about something that's not going to work out like they think! Well whatever. I wish I knew what Hoopa unbound was saying at the beginning of the trailer. It seemed like something worth knowing.

Interesting that the genie bottle not only changes Hoopa, but it also corrupts anyone who touches it. Hopefully they do something notable with that element, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's glossed over for other things.

Okay first off Serena's Braixen wasn't in that shot either and seeing how it's unlikely she would release her I think it's safe to say no Pokémon got released.

That's not really the best example, Braixen appears in the other special material (among other things), Goodra is completely absent for all of that. Braixen missing from one thing is just that, it's not in that particular thing, Goodra being missing from everything is more notable as it means it's not present at all. Add that to it being missing from other things like the ending, and that's where the theory of it being released comes from.

Last edited:
Goodra being missing from everything is more notable as it means it's not present at all. Add that to it being missing from other things like the ending, and that's where the theory of it being released comes from.

A theory that should be ignored at that. Because it's the sort of thing that can cause people to worry about something that might not even happen. I think it's one of those things that's best left untouched.

So on a slightly unrelated note, is it weird that I entered Hoopa in the Smash Bros. ballot?

Goodra being missing from everything is more notable as it means it's not present at all. Add that to it being missing from other things like the ending, and that's where the theory of it being released comes from.

A theory that should be ignored at that. Because it's the sort of thing that can cause people to worry about something that might not even happen. I think it's one of those things that's best left untouched.

I don't see why it should be ignored, if it definitely has a good chance of happening (and based on what we know, it does), then by all means we should be talking about it. Ignoring things we don't like won't get us anywhere, all it does is cause us to close our eyes to what could be in right front of us.

I don't see why it should be ignored, if it definitely has a good chance of happening (and based on what we know, it does), then by all means we should be talking about it. Ignoring things we don't like won't get us anywhere, all it does is cause us to close our eyes to what could be in right front of us.

Facts can be misleading. And by that I mean: everything that points towards Goodra being released might not even be pointing at it and could mean something else entirely. And the end result of the theory, in that case, would be getting people worked up over nothing and some people might even feel like idiots afterwards for all I know. So I don't think talking about the theory is too bright. Although I'm not saying Goodra won't be released.

Facts can be misleading. And by that I mean: everything that points towards Goodra being released might not even be pointing at it and could mean something else entirely. And the end result of the theory, in that case, would be getting people worked up over nothing and some people might even feel like idiots afterwards for all I know. So I don't think talking about the theory is too bright. Although I'm not saying Goodra won't be released.

We don't really know what's going to happen to Goodra until it happens. The episode will air in less then two weeks now, so we just have to see what his fate is. Until then, lets all talk about the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom