• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that will be really a new form and not only Dragon Rush?
hope it will be a in-game form too.
maybe with type change?

I was a little disapointed about Ho-oh not getting a mega or a new form and new ability.

Unless Johto revisits are coming soon, which isn't the case, I don't see why Ho-Oh and Lugia should get new Formes.

I agree that they'd probably never get an exclusive new type of transformation like Primal Reversion without a Johto revisit happening as well. But I could see them getting new forms as part of a new gimmick that's shared with other legendary and non-legendary Pokemon, like how Mewtwo got two new forms along with the other Mega Evolutions introduced in XY.

Not getting my hopes up for it, though.

If Lugia will be the star of this movie, then I'm guessing it's gonna get a new form or something. 8th generation is possible to happen pretty soon here. And since Mallow and the other classmates aren't here and never be added to the movie plot at all, that means it's an alternative universe of Ash and his Pikachu going on a journey and meeting legendary Pokemon, and none of his old friends weren't mentioned because it tells a different storyline.

New Trailer, New Cast’s Info & New Poster

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0arVTRwytA&feature=youtu.be

Either a lot of these people aren't that relevant or there's a really big supporting cast. Rainbow Girl has an Eevee, lots of Johto Pokemon too. Honestly I'm really surprised by no Zeraora since Hoopa and Diancie were both revealed about this early, but then again those both had alternate forms that saw reveals later on, and Zeraora presumably won't have that, so maybe they want to save it for April or so like Marshadow.

Apparently the subtitle for the movie is "Everyone's Story."

Edit - Serebii's blurb with names and stuff:

"In the trailer, it shows a large city and Lugia flying over. It showcases the new girl, Lisa and her Eevee, a performer called Kagachi and his Sudowoodo, a weak researcher called Torito and his Chansey, an elderly trainer called Hisui with a Togepi, Totodile, Smoochum & Marill and a mysterious girl called Rarugo before it pans to Ash with Lugia flying over and meeting all the other trainers."

Edit2 - New poster (currently not the best quality)

DW_q18wUQAA0A2h.jpg:large

Edit3 - 3 unknowns in the first merchandise listings

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/968245629968355328

Betting now that one of them will be Eevee.

Edit4 - swapped Twitter upload of trailer for official upload

Last edited:
It's early and all, but my first impressions rarely change: I vastly prefer Misty, Melody, Jessie, James and Meowth to the new bunch.

My, that's a big cast of COTMs! :confused:

Though hey, seeing some Johto love will be nice after roughly 5 or 6 years of Kanto worship :D

"Everyone's story!"

That better not mean it's a hot mess of disjointed/barely connected storylines. :cautious:

The movie looks exciting, no sign of Team Rocket but no doubt they'll appear at some point

Probably for "WTF are you even doing here?" like last time...:cautious:

Last edited:
A group of six member, eh? Just like SM.
The movie looks exciting, no sign of Team Rocket but no doubt they'll appear at some point
I don't think so. They have no reason to show up since they're not interested in Satoshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only the "Popular Pokemon come back as walking Pokemon!" trope is back, but also it's turned up to eleven. -__- But if the characters get Verity/Sorry levels of deepness I won't be mad.

No matter how much the animation changes, the Pokemon will always look more or less the same. For example, Totodile looks like it was copypasted from the DP days.

The setup seems very similar to the pre-M20 movie pattern, with Lugia having a personal relation to the location. And I really wanted to see a sea adventure...But who knows, we might be surprised later.

A group of six member, eh? Just like SM.

I don't think so. They have no reason to show up since they're not interested in Satoshi.
Except they were stalking him in M20 (And at the end, where they had picked up Wobbuffet) due to him being a Legendary Magnet

That title really had me going for a second....

Anyways this looks cute, I'm pretty neutral on it right now but it looks like it could be a solid movie. As for the Rocket trio, I'm still convinced they'll be in this movie in some capacity but exactly how much I'm not sure. Them not interacting with Satoshi in the previous film doesn't matter too much, they still had their sights set on him and this film could very well be their first encounter with him in this continuity.

....or they'll show up for 5 seconds in the credits. Hard to say either way at this point. By the way, is that little girl's hair color just a coincidence? Probably. But it is interesting nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom