• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious that Zeraora and a new Eeveelution are imminent, but I just find it hard to believe that Zeraora (who is as big as Ash) is hiding behind Lagro.

It's obvious that Zeraora and a new Eeveelution are imminent, but I just find it hard to believe that Zeraora (who is as big as Ash) is hiding behind Lagro.

I agree that it's hard to picture Zeraora as defenseless, but I don't know who else could be. In my opinion, he's the most marketable mythical since Darkrai, so using a Gen VIII mythical would be strange.

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/969232246044594176

Looks like we might be getting the Kanto birds as well. I love them a lot and it makes total sense for them to show up, but if true, I'm worried that this movie might be a little crowded. (Though there doesn't seem to be a Pikachu short, so that should mean good things for the length of the movie and pacing.)

It could be, although right now we only have two placeholders unaccounted for. (That baby Lugia showed up near the Whirl Islands in Johto.) By the way, Cleffa is listed for one of the items; it would be funny if Lagro were hiding a Cleffa.

The bird trio could have very minor roles akin to the beast trio last year.

If I'm being honest, a new Eeveelution belonging to Lisa is not enough for me to conclude a new game is coming anytime soon. The way it worked traditionally is that movies released shortly before new generations star new Pokemon, not just feature them as secondary characters. Here, we have this cast of characters, Lugia, and likely Zeraora being in the spotlight.

Well, last year the focus was on Ash and Pikachu rather than Marshadow or Ho-Oh. It really depends on how prominent Lisa is.

We did get a movie focusing on Lucario (a Gen IV Pokémon) in December 2005 while DP was released in September 2006.

That's because Marshadow was an afterthought that was awkwardly shoe-horned into the movie at the last minute. -_-

Let's hope things go better this time.

I didn't think that Marshadow was an afterthought exactly. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be helping Ash on his journey or the villain, but it was incorporated into the Ho Oh legend itself fairly well, at least the the point where I didn't see it as an afterthought.

We did get a movie focusing on Lucario (a Gen IV Pokémon) in December 2005 while DP was released in September 2006.

They started promoting the fourth generation ridiculously early in general. Munchlax was featured in the seventh movie and the rest of the AG movies were heavily focused on the upcoming fourth generation than any of the third generation Pokemon. They usually haven't promoted a new generation that far ahead of the games' release. They could still promote a new Eeveelution well before the Switch games come out, especially when we normally don't get announcements that new main series titles are in development either. It is hard to say right now. I'm still not sure that the Switch games will come out this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo and Game Freak really want to have the games available by this holiday season to get more money either. Main series Pokemon games for the Switch would practically print money for them.

Why do everyone expect an evolution whenever a new Eevee is appeared? Eevee is a cute co-mascot to Pikachu and owned by the female character, just like Piplup was. I don't expect it to evolve. I also don't expect a new eeveelution for the next gen unless they create a new type, they just made a Z-move called "Nine Evol Boost". I also don't expect Zeraora, that secret pokemon they're hiding is probably a next generation pokemon, just like Lucario.

Why do everyone expect an evolution whenever a new Eevee is appeared? Eevee is a cute co-mascot to Pikachu and owned by the female character, just like Piplup was. I don't expect it to evolve. I also don't expect a new eeveelution for the next gen unless they create a new type, they just made a Z-move called "Nine Evol Boost". I also don't expect Zeraora, that secret pokemon they're hiding is probably a next generation pokemon, just like Lucario.

Well, the main gimmick behind Eevee is its different evolution lines, the Eeveelutions are pretty popular and adding in another new evolution would attract attention for both the movies and the next generation of games. Plus, when an Eevee shows up in the anime, it usually means that it will evolve into one of the new Eeveelutions. It doesn't happen all the time, but it isn't uncommon. I don't think it's definitely going to happen, but I think it's possible at least that Eevee could evolve into a new Eeveelution during the movie. They wouldn't have to create a new type just to create a new Eeveelution and they can always just change the Eevee Z-Move to reflect any new evolutions it gets. I'm not sure if I'd call Eevee a co-mascot exactly either. I could see them doing something with Zeraora for the movie, but including a Pokemon from the next generation is certainly possible, especially if Eevee doesn't get a new evolution.

That needs some explanation.
I don't think it's definitely going to happen, but I think it's possible at least that Eevee could evolve into a new Eeveelution during the movie.
Still, people talk like it's a sure thing to happen. It reminds me threads from late BW.
Virgil_Winning.png

That needs some explanation.

Still, people talk like it's a sure thing to happen. It reminds me threads from late BW.
Virgil_Winning.png
Gen I = Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, & Vaporeon, Gen II = Espeon & Umbreon, Gen IV = Leafeon & Glaceon, Gen VI = Sylveon. If an Eeveeloution is shown in the next movie it will be for Gen VIII which will fit the pattern we have, though I don't think it is 100% certain to happen I do believe theirs at least 75% chance of it happening based off past occurrences, and if their is a new Eeveeloution for Gen VIII then showing it in the movie before Gen VIII is, supposedly, released when theirs an Eevee with a main character seems likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom