• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mark Warner Leaves Office Today, Is the Future Foreshadowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trip

Former Staff Member
Reaction score
Today is Inauguration Day here in the state of Virginia, and because of our state's one-term-only law, Mark Warner must leave and Tim Kaine, also a Democrat, will take his place.

Mark Warner leaves with a 75% approval rating, one of the highest ever recorded for a Virginia Governor and the highest ever recorded for an outgoing Governor. (Source - Lynchburg News and Advance)

In four years, he has turned our state around. See his State of the Commonwealth address a few days ago:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/11/AR2006011101932_pf.html

Mark Warner was not in politics prior to running for Governor, he was a businessman, and so he ran the state like a business rather than like a politician. In his four years, the changes in the state have been NOTICEABLE.

The most noticeable change was in VDOT (Virginia Department of Transportation), which used to repave a few select roads every year or so and otherwise they never did much. They've now paved almost all the dirt roads in the county, just completed a project to widen and straighten what had been very twisty but very heavily used back roads that provided a direct route from Charlotte Court House to Farmville, and they've been making long-overdue repairs/replacements to/of area bridges.

He's now going on to run for President. What do you think of him? I personally would much prefer him to Hillary, as he's proven himself able to fix a huge deficit and turn things around. I wonder if this could be a major running point and get him the presidency. If he gets the nod, I am certain that he'll carry Virginia.

What do y'all think?

- Trip

Last edited:
Sounds impressive. The link is broken, by the way.

Replaced the link. Apparently it got taken down when Kaine was inaugurated a few minutes ago.

- Trip

I'm for it. Not mention a governor historically has a better chance of being president than a senator. Considering he's helped his state and his from a "Red" state, he might cary the swing voters. Anyone is better than Sillary Bimbo Clinton.

*applause* If he is going for the presidency and can find a way to do that for the entire nation, then it would be great. It recalls good memories of the Clinton administration. It seems surreal, though. Too good to be true, so to speak. Since you are from Virginia, though, I must take your word for it. This is very interesting. He would have my vote, that is for sure.

What are his views on more national and international issues, foreign policy, welfare, etc.

I've thought about that. Though not many cared about Bush's stance on those issues ntil near the election. We'll have to see.

Sorry, I managed to miss Mozz's posting.

I wish I could tell you. I'll be completely honest and say that while I don't know, he is considered a moderate Democrat.

I'm far more concerned about the national debt right now than any of the social issues we face. I don't know at all where he stands of foreign policy since, as Governor, he never had to be worried with such things.

- Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom