• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mawile/Lombre dub title

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
AG105: "Falling in love with Mawile! Lombre's Flower Arrangement!!"
EP379: "Once in a Mawile"

And I'm sure the opening has a new scene of Pikachu using Iron Tail. 0o

I saw that too, I thought I was imagining it or something ^_^

I hope they don't put that competition thing or whatever that big "take up half the screen" box on the end of every episode. If so I hope TR don't have the final scenes for a while, I wouldn't be able to get good screenshots with that in the way.

I actually pretty-much guessed it, as well. I suppose we can't expect 4Kids to be clever when that name is staring right at them!

Ah, Kasumi, have you forgotten that if 4Kids didn't do lame episode titles, the fabric of time and space as we know it would disengrate into a ball of... things?
Honestly, I can't wait for this ep. Gotta love Mawile...

It's one of the best AG eps, I can't wait to see it in the dub.

Apparently they painted Manene and Manyula out of the opening theme, and replaced the shot of Myuu and Lucario with a shot of Pikachu using Iron Tail.

So I guess NOA didn't like 4Kids revealing those pokemon so soon, did they?

Eh, I suppose this title is better than another "Love, ____ Style!" one :p

And good for 4Kids for getting rid of the 4th gen Pokemon. Splicing the 7th and 8th openings together was a stupid idea in the first place. Although I wonder if the OP edit will be present in any reruns of eps that aired before this...probably not, I'd guess.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
*laughs*

So wait, are JJ&M just surprised by nothing then?

Seems that way.

I'm reminded of that one episode of Dragon Ball Z during the Vegeta fight after Nappa kills Yamcha. The dub painted his body away after he died because he was "sent to the next dimension" and all. So when they showed Roshi and Bulma and the others watching the fight on TV, the Japanese version showed the camera fixed on Yamcha's body, while the dub showed the camera fixed on...an empty crater.

FabuVinny said:
And I'm sure the opening has a new scene of Pikachu using Iron Tail. 0o

Proof once again that there are no editors anywhere on the program. ::large sigh:: Why can't they figure these things out beforehand?

So, 4kids jumped the gun. Typical. NOA stepping in is not so typical. Of course 4kids 'fixed' the problem in the most ass-backwards (pardon my french) way possible.

It is kind of redundent of 4kids to remove the fourth gen Pokémon from the opening now, the damage has been done. On the plus (READ: Delusional.) side, this little flub could encorage NOA to keep a closer eye on 4kids. At least when it comes to matters relating directly to the games.

On topic: That is a lazy dub title, but at least it isn't a flat out bad one.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid of them to put in the blatant Manene spoiler. Especially considering we probably won't be getting little Manene till next season. But Manyula?
...eh, NOA's being a bunch of idiots.

nekusagi-chan said:
Yeah, it was pretty stupid of them to put in the blatant Manene spoiler. Especially considering we probably won't be getting little Manene till next season. But Manyula?
...eh, NOA's being a bunch of idiots.

Actually if the DVD's continue the pattern Destiny Deoxys started, we will be seeing Manyula, Rukario, and Manene soon!

I wonder if NOA got contacted at all when 4kids said Arbok evolves into Seviper. Surprised that Trainers choice was never removed...

The question is: will 4Kids go back and edit their new opening into all the PAB episodes that have already been released in an effort to cover up their "mistake"?

I guess we'll find out Friday, when "Solid as a Solrock" is rerun.

Hang on, I didn't see the Manene/Manyula edit.. I did notice the Pikachu iron tail bit. I'll have to actually bother paying attention to the intro today, instead of trying to find out what the ep title is b4 it's said by ash (it's a habit to record the episode title and synopsis from the digi guide, not that there's any point to it at all).

Edit: Well then, Manene was invisible and TR did look shocked by nothing. Interesting.

Last edited:
Wow.

I can't believe I didn't notice any of those changes in the opening.... O_O

Well, I guess that means I'm gonna have to pay close attention to it next time.

Anyway, that's kind of a weird edit considering the fact that, like someone else said, the damage has already been done.

Although, I always thought that opening had a lot of spoilers in it.

So, it doesn't surprise me that they'd wanna change some of that.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom