• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May issue of CoroCoro magazine leaked: Plethora of information revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or does the water gym leader look somewhat like Deejay from Street Fighter? They're both black, shirtless, and wear pants. The few difference is that he's wearing sandals and does not have a Cheshire Cat smile.

The water gym leader isn't black. If you look at his lower belly and his feet it really does look like hes just tanned. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/corocoro_may12_3.jpg

I wouldn't say black, but he's definitely a minority, to replace Lenora, he looks Hispanic to me.

Oh my goooooooosssshh.

I'm very curious about this Unova Ice Age bit, but look at those protagonists! Look at them! The girl is adorable. I'm so thrilled at the rival...I was too confused yesterday at who the girl character would be. I'm so interested in this Akuroma character as well...I just can't process it all! I was excited for these games, but now I am just itching to play in Unova 2.0. So, so excited by this leak. If these games are a fraction as awesome as they look, we'll be in for quite a game indeed.

Ugh, I hate the way the new main male character looks. The rival looks okay I guess. Anyway, I wonder if N will be back since there's all this new stuff.

Is it just me, or does the water gym leader look somewhat like Deejay from Street Fighter? They're both black, shirtless, and wear pants. The few difference is that he's wearing sandals and does not have a Cheshire Cat smile.

The water gym leader isn't black. If you look at his lower belly and his feet it really does look like hes just tanned. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/corocoro_may12_3.jpg

The white lining on his lower belly looks like it's part of his pants because really, do you expect him to get away from the censors if that was really part of his skin?

What I like best about this is including a lot of past generation Pokemon in with the new ones. I'm also really hoping there will be a massive, twisting labyrinth in that glacier. A cave truly worth spelunking! Cause exploration is something that felt rather straightforward in the original BW.

With a 300 Pokemon regional Pokedex, I hope this means the main adventure is going to be much longer than the disappointingly short Black & White games.

I asked for speculation based on what's on the text in the image. Right now, the most conservative guess that makes the least amount of assumptions is that they're covering up the rest of the region because there's likely going to be changes they want to cover next issue. Clouds were used last game because that was the theme. Ice is used now because that's the theme of the mascot. Saying its real makes a grand assumption about the plot, and making accusations of others doesn't help your point.
You seem to have missed what I was saying; I didn't say that the ice was real, just that I really hope it is. I willing to accept that it may just be covering stuff, but I hope that is not the case. As for clouds "being the theme last game", they have been used many times, in BW as you mention, HGSS Johto, Pt Sinnoh, and even anime artwork. That's not to say that it wouldn't happen, but that BW using clouds as cover was not a theme-based choice.

You can speculate all you want, but that's not what I asked about. I'm asking someone who translated the leaked pages to confirm whether it was an assumption made from the picture, or outright stated--otherwise I'm sticking with a conservative assumption. There are many reasons gyms can be replaced, being frozen in ice isn't the only one, and given that being destroyed in a volcano didn't stop Blaine, ice doesn't really seem like a big deal to me. If the Striaton brothers were the Shadow Triad, that's one. Lenora's also an archaeologist, and being a gym leader kind of ties you down to a city. Obviously they'd need two new leaders just because you're starting in the opposite reason, but being frozen in ice isn't the only thing that can cause change over two years.

In short, unless you're translating what's said on those pages, you can speculate all you want but its not answering the question I had (whereas @sunyshore did translate and concluded that the map was just being obscured after translation when the initial assumption was that the region was frozen)
I think it was actually an assumption from the image itself. I didn't get any translated text regarding the ice issue itself, and looking at it myself I don't see anything indicating as such. If it were actually frozen over I would expect some text in the magazine pages to mention it.

The craters in Driftveil city. Seems that Clay dug to much and most of the city collapsed. And the thing about glaciers, they just dont freeze over things, they crush them as they move. So anything in there path would no longer be there if the glacier does recede, if that part of Unova is indeed frozen over.

With a 300 Pokemon regional Pokedex, I hope this means the main adventure is going to be much longer than the disappointingly short Black & White games.

So were Kanto and Johto, but nobody complained about them because of nostalgia. I wonder if the possible ice maze won't be as frustrating as Mt. Coronet.

The white lining on his lower belly looks like it's part of his pants because really, do you expect him to get away from the censors if that was really part of his skin?

I don't see why not, its not revealing anything, and again look at his foot. The color of the untanned skin and the color of his foot are the exact same, and they also got away with Skyla so that point is mute.

I think it's interesting, that Unova is covered in ice.

At least her legs are covered this time.

But... but... that's my only complaint about Leia. ;_;

Oh well, at least she could be a decent rep for a female trainer and BW2 or a possible DLC costume for Hilda for SSB4.

Seems like I'll need to change my BW2 team again now that older gen Pokemon are back (depending if any of my favorites made the cut).

Why are you so convinced that Hilda will be in SSB4? If there'll be another Pokemon Trainer, it'll obviously be Hilbert, otherwise they'd have included the FRLG heroine in SSBB.

I don't see why not, its not revealing anything, and again look at his foot. The color of the untanned skin and the color of his foot are the exact same, and they also got away with Skyla so that point is mute.

Females w/ midriffs are never a bother from the censors unless the outfit is question is showing cleavage or shows more skin of uncomfortable places such as the butt. I'm pretty sure the skin color of his foot might be his sole because black-colored people have lighter skin their palms and soles.

Why are you so convinced that Hilda will be in SSB4? If there'll be another Pokemon Trainer, it'll obviously be Hilbert, otherwise they'd have included the FRLG heroine in SSBB.

Because the series is in need of more female fighters, and a female trainer fits the bill to coexist with the male trainer. It has to be the most popular female trainer though.

Thanks @SnorlaxMonster!

I'm not against the idea the region is frozen, I just want more concrete proof. Though, given the cities were named after clouds, it did seem more thematic in retrospect...

Also provided by Silktree (via sunyshore):

"The setting for the adventure is Isshu Region, 2 years after B/W! What is with the map showing the setting being covered in ice? Did some weird event happen?!"

This text really only suggest something happened and that its the map being obscured.

If you look at the torso as well, there's a solid black line between the blue and the pale flesh-coloured part indicating a transition in clothing or patterns. However, there is no such line between the dark part of the skin and the pale part, either suggesting his skin merged with his clothes, or Shizui has a terrible tan. Seriously. He goes around shirtless and wears sandals. HOW ARE THOSE PARTS SO PALE. And the pattern makes it seem like he probably wears SPFover9000 sunscreen in those areas to keep the pattern >_>

Last edited:
The craters in Driftveil city. Seems that Clay dug to much and most of the city collapsed. And the thing about glaciers, they just dont freeze over things, they crush them as they move. So anything in there path would no longer be there if the glacier does recede, if that part of Unova is indeed frozen over.

I think most people who believe the ice theory think the ice has just frozen around the area, like someone using a giant ice beam, no one is speculating that its a giant glacier that has moved in like the one from titanic, despite it being the 100 year anniversary this year.

"The man in the lab coat is Akuroma. He is researching Pokémon strength. A cut-off portion of the photo mentions he is doing something regarding the latent abilities of Pokémon. He is said to be mysterious and hard to read."
Yupp! I'm predicting 1 of 2 things:
1) pokemon with hidden abilities in the wild
2) He's the new researcher for the Dream World and he may become a plot point along with the Entralink by extension.

"The man in the lab coat is Akuroma. He is researching Pokémon strength. A cut-off portion of the photo mentions he is doing something regarding the latent abilities of Pokémon. He is said to be mysterious and hard to read."
Yupp! I'm predicting 1 of 2 things:
1) pokemon with hidden abilities in the wild
2) He's the new researcher for the Dream World and he may become a plot point along with the Entralink by extension.

The thing about latent abilities seem more like the overdrive thing we previously learned about. Kyurems 2 new formes unleashing their true power when angered. A bit like Gohan from Dragon Ball Z

Am I the only one who likes the male player character? I thought so, I really like the Rival, his hair reminds me of Elh's hair from Solatorobo

I wonder what caused that ice to appear, and I wonder if it's ever going to go away at all (it most likely will go away), or if it will melt as the game progresses, after all, the league appears to be in the ice, I'm guessing the game will open up with scientists from all over the world trying to find out this phenomenon. Although it may not be a massive glacier, it's possible that the area is covered in a cold winter and that you go into it and still catch Pokemon, so it's basically like the winter in Iccirus City, just that it's always there until you find a way to get rid of it.

Already, I can tell that Akuroma is one of the villains, he looks like a mad scientist, and his outfit is very different from the other professors, his hairstyle is very unusual (and very along the lines of a character from Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal) from and he is called a "mysterious researcher", so he's most likely a villain, possibly the "mad scientist" of the villain team, which mind you, is currently not specified if it is Team Plasma or not, but Akuroma's outfit is white, light blue, and black, which are Team Plasma's colors, so that does show some hints that Team Plasma is back and is up to no good like usual, but what are they doing.

Well, that's a bunch of information on the game we finally know at last, only two more issues before the games release, but there are still some questions left unanswered:

-Are the starters still Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott? If Akuroma really is a villian, than that could only mean that the starters are given to you by one of the Junipers.
-Who are the villains (they never said it was Team Plasma at all), and are they behind the massive glacier (or snowstorm as I think it is)?
-If there are two new Gym Leaders, then does that mean there are 10 badges to collect, or are two gyms optional

Also provided by Silktree:

"The setting for the adventure is Isshu Region, 2 years after B/W! What is with the map showing the setting being covered in ice? Did some weird event happen?!"
Oh good, there is actually some text supporting it. It really sounds like it's implying it is Unova itself and not the map; Town Maps are digital, so it showing ice when there isn't any doesn't make much sense. You really had me worried for a short while that it may just be cloud-esque hiding, but that quote makes simply hiding much less likely; "Did some weird event happen" clearly implies that something has happened in Unova itself that has caused it, not simply someone tampering with your map.

Also, I'm betting this ice ends up like future Zora's Domain: you get rid of the thing that was keeping it frozen, but it takes so long to defrost you never get to see it unfrozen.

I think most people who believe the ice theory think the ice has just frozen around the area, like someone using a giant ice beam, no one is speculating that its a giant glacier that has moved in like the one from titanic, despite it being the 100 year anniversary this year.
I think it was more of an instant thing, like the freezing of Giant Chasm after battling Kyurem, rather than a glacier approaching.

Also provided by Silktree:

Oh good, there is actually some text supporting it. It really sounds like it's implying it is Unova itself and not the map; Town Maps are digital, so it showing ice when there isn't any doesn't make much sense. You really had me worried for a short while that it may just be cloud-esque hiding, but that quote makes simply hiding much less likely; "Did some weird event happen" clearly implies that something has happened in Unova itself that has caused it, not simply someone tampering with your map.

Also, I'm betting this ice ends up like future Zora's Domain: you get rid of the thing that was keeping it frozen, but it takes so long to defrost you never get to see it unfrozen.
I'm guessing at this point its schema-consistent processing on an ambiguous sentence given that its been interpreted both ways, and I find it more telling that sunyshore changed his position about the ice after translation (he translated the above text actually, and no concludes its only talking about the map). Regardless, something weird clearly is happening in East Unova.

Everything about them is starting to look pretty cool even though I'm not super keen on playing through a game with no new Pokémon...

Characters certainly seem interesting but we'll have to see if I come to appreciate Twoya and Twoko as much as I now realize I appreciate Hilbert and Hilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom