• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

McCain picks running mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, as a person, if your house is in disarray it typically isn't good to work on something else...man or woman, there are certain things you don't do in the middle of family crises, like run for VP.

The risk we run here is if McCain dies and we get this ditzy broad as President of the US. "I'm sorry, but I need someone to explain to me what exactly the President does!"

Surprisingly, the evangelicals are coming to their support. Why? Because the daughter is NOT having an abortion. I love that she's become a role model for NOT doing something. Which, by that logic, makes me a hero for having not killed anyone. I expect massive amounts of praise and the support of the evangelical community now.

How hypocritical...this is seriously why I'm fed up with religion. "Oh yes, teen pregnancy's fine as long as you don't abort the baby!" Excuse me while I gag.

The risk we run here is if McCain dies and we get this ditzy broad as President of the US. "I'm sorry, but I need someone to explain to me what exactly the President does!"

My worst fears, put into words. Thank you *goes to vote for Obama*

Many of which I bet Palin doesn't know about.

Anyone else notice that since Palin was announced Obama has gotten over the coveted 50% mark in the polls when including leaners (and very near without them)? I wonder if that says anything about people's thoughts on Palin.

But it seems like they're breaking for Obama at the moment. McCain's numbers haven't changed much since picking Palin (if anything his leaners numbers have decreased) while Obama has made some gains. Next weeks polls will probably tell us what people thought about the events of the past two weeks as a whole. However, it's looking more and more like McCain gambled and lost with this one.

The cover story for child #5 being her daughter's is certainly unusual. While supposedly in labor Palin gave a speak, boarded not one but two planes to fly from Dallas to Seattle and from Seattle to Anchorage and then dry back to her home town, all to have her month premature, Down Syndrome baby at the local hospital. Say what?

Ling Ling said:
In this context I for one don't care that much about whether Bristol is getting laid without protection or not because it's about the quality of her mother as a politician not her promiscuity.

Incidentally, I think this is rather relevant, in fact the only reason that makes it relevant. As bad is it may sound, many great people that accomplished many great things were bad parents. It may not be a popular view, but don't think the parenting is an issue.

However when you have someone who wants to push for 100% abstinence to be taught in schools, to have their child come out as being under-aged and pregnant, makes her position look unproven in the most embarrassing, fall on your face, sort of way. To me that is the only issue of it.

As for the rumors, I doubt in the truth of it. To be honest, when they first brought up the issue of the child having down syndrome I assumed that must have meant they are ashamed of the child. I found that slightly offensive. But either way it's a non-issue to me, and the only problem with the baby actually being her daughter's is that it would be proof that she lied to the American people.

I also hate how the McCain camp made it look like perceived mental illness is a major reason for people to want an abortion. Maybe that is a reason for them to consider abortion... Now, I may be pro-choice and I believe a woman is capable enough to choose just like Palin did, but I am still Christian... however I believe if a Woman or a Child is raped or the life of the mother is in danger they at least, have a right to choose.

To be honest, though, I think I'm at the point where I'm done with making comments about Palin being a bad choice when I feel that McCain still has plenty of problems just with himself. I also kind of doubt McCain's dying with-in 8 years, he just seems like one of those fogies that still would be kickin'.

Ling Ling, I disagree. The fact that her daughter is pregnant shows the opposition that even Palin's own family does no follow/obey her values completely, which tells us something about how she is enforcing them. On the other hand, her Bristol's decision to keep the child lets the Republicans continue to preach about how pro - life Palin and her family are, and make them more appealing to the religious and pro - life voters (they would have voted for McCain anyway though). In politics, no stone can be left unturned. Mark my words, after the hype of Palin's speech is over, we'll be back to poor Bristol again, trying to find some symbolism in her actions.

I personally, was really turned off by Plain due to her speech on Wednesday.

There was no substance in her speech, and clever words in McCain. I thought I was watching some sort of literary magic show of all the tricks and play on words to avoid actually tackling real issues, and first promoting personal agenda as blessings on society. To not tell a lie, Obama's also had some empty statements, but it seems this party has taken that style and blew it out of proportion. To me that's just overly patronizing and is taking advantaging of people. I just am not sure I can ever trust someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom