• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mechano Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewal

Falling, but Rising Again
Reaction score
@JakkuEbansu, @Stellar Haze, @Kona-Chan, @jasonwolf, @Piximon

Ask and ye shall receive. I've finally gotten off my lazy backside and posted this damn thing. Let's get to the awesome, shall we?

Mechano Soul

Characters:
  • Rove Alvion - @Renewal - Mecha: Sagittarion
  • Lister - @JakkuEbansu - Mecha: The Martyr
  • Tyler Lane - @Stellar Haze - Mecha: Rocket
  • Commander Raven, Galaxy Knight! - @Kona-Chan - Cosmos King
  • Zane Hax - @jasonwolf - Mecha: DireWolf1495 EXO
  • Kyle Lock - @Piximon - Mecha: Gunslinger

* * *​

"Ladies and gentlemen, have we got a show for you tonight! Now, are you READY?" The announcer's voice echoed throughout the makeshift stadium, as the ragged, frenzied crowd roared their assent from the bleachers.

Banks of floodlights flashed on around the edge of the arena simultaneously, brightly illuminating the massive battlefield. Stretching hundreds of feet across, the arena was strewn with mountains of junk and rubble that dwarfed even a mecha. Even as the announcer was speaking, one of the junk mountains collapsed, spilling broken machinery across the battlefield. The uneven, unstable terrain was practically a death trap unto itself--not even mentioning the competitors.

"Tonight's tournament is a free-for-all spectacle--something never before attempted here at Tartarus Prime! Over two dozen mecha pilots will be competing for glory in our famous--or should I say infamous--Junk Arena! It's going to be a no-holds barred beatdown: No holding back! No rules! No limits!"

Spaced evenly around the arena's walls, six massive doors sprang open with a rusty groan and a hissing burst of steam, dramatically obscuring the mecha from sight. The announcer yelled one more time. "The moment is now! Let's get ready to rumble!"

* * *​

Rove Alvion sat in the pilot's seat of his Sagittarion, muscles relaxed and breath even, feet on the mecha's pedals and hands firmly clasped around the primary controls. Eyes closed, he ignored the sounds of the crowd roaring, audible even through Sagittarion's armor. Opening and closing his fists around the controls, the worn leather of his gloves squeaking with the motion, he muttered--the words half-obscured by the tattered scarf wrapped around his neck and mouth--"Ready, Sagittarion?"

In his mind, he imagined the mecha making some sort of reply; in reality the cockpit was silent. Rove half-laughed at himself. "Heh. For Solee, then." The doors before him creaked open, flooding the dark corridor with light and revealing the faint outlines of the three mecha next to him.

Eyelids sliding apart, his green eyes flashed in the dim light of Sagittarion's primary screen. He grinned viciously, sliding the joysticks forward and powering the mecha up. "Let's begin, then. Shall we, Sagittarion?"

Lister sighed gently, watching the chaotic rabble of spectators below him.
The one advantage to being an armed guard who stands taller than most others is space.
There were empty seats all around where he sat.
He whispered into his nanocom gently.
"Scan the crowd for weapons. I don't want a riot if the favourite goes down."

"Okay." Kyle mumbled from inside his cockpit. He started up Gunslinger. A muffled "Yeee-haw!" sounded from where the mech's mouth should be. Kyle had installed a basic voice chip; the "Yee-haw" clip was all it had. Gunslinger maneuvered forward.

OOC: Kyle has no other occupation besides drawing, so...at least I can speak for him.

OOC: It's your choice, really. You can participate in the tournament, be a spectator, or just go off on your own adventure. I'm not keen on limiting your options; the tournament just makes a convenient excuse for all our characters to be in the same place.

OOC: Okay, I'm gonna make Lister fight then

Lister sighed as multiple pinpricks of red on his visor showed up the weapons in the crowd.
"There's only one place that's safe if this goes to hell..."
He got up, and wandered down the sides of the arena, using his Guard's Badge to bypass the stadium security.
He casually knocked out one of the competitors, and entered their entrance.
At his corner of the arena, he summoned his mecha, the Martyr.
Lister finally gave a gentle breath of relief as he leant back into the Martyr's seat.

"AARAAROOOOO!!!!" a piercing howl echoed.

The slender beast shaped mecha slinked out of the darkness. It's pilot controling its every move precisely guiding it to center of the stadium.

"Alright you sissies. Come face the Dire Wolf!" Zane, the pilot shouted.

His two swords slide out with an ominous SHLINK! Some newbie ran up behind him, and learned why Zane was one of the top contenders. In one swift movement Zane ducked under the broad horizontal slash, spun around, and tore through both of the other mecha's legs.

"Come on you buckets of bolts. I'm getting bored." Zane laughed.

"Yee-haw!" Gunslinger chorused, shooting several bullets at Zane's mech.

"Get a new line cowboy." Zane joked.

Tumbling to the right Zane kept clear. Being small had its advantages. One of Zane's favorites, speed. Zane's mecha sprinted towards gunslinger. his swords ready. Zane slashed repeatedly at this new foe. Whenever he made contact his blades would tare into the other mecha's armor and rip it apart.

The swords cut deep gashes into Gunslinger's arms. "Yee--Yee--Yee--" the mech spazzed as it tried to shoot Zane.

Lister leant forward seriously in his mecha.
He watched the battlefield before him.
"Hmm..."
He thought for a second, and took the slower Martyr nearer to the fight, where it's tough armouring prevented much damage from shrapnel.

DireWolf took a shot or two to the left shoulder, but they just went through the metal nothing compromizing.

"Snack time." Zen roared.

He leapt over gunslinger driving one sword thrusting one sword at the mecha's back, and the other hooked around the mecha's neck.

"Night night." Zane said ripping his swords back.

Lister watched quietly, watching the action unfold before him.
He begrudgingly swung the Martyr's lance at the DireWolf, using his Mecha's shield to push the Gunslinger out of reach.

Instantly DireWolf's burst jets activated. Zane rocketed forward out of the way of the lance.

"And who do I have the pleasure of crushing now?" Zane taunted.

DireWolf's sword retracted, and its claws extend form its hands. Speed was going to be important this time. One good hit, and he could be out of the fight.

"I'll make this quick." Zane laughed.

Lister opened a communication window, projecting his silent face onto his Mecha's.
"Lister. This is the Martyr."
He said, and shut the window.
He swung the Martyr's shield as a blunt weapon at his enemy.

Kyle lost control of his mech, and sirens blared. "Ugh..."

OOC: Sorry for putting this off a bit; I guess I'll move things along a bit.

* * *​

Sagittarion leapt over a tottering pile of junk, its massive energy longbow--twenty-five feet long, and nearly as tall as the thirty-five-foot-tall Sagittarion itself--primed and held at the ready. With its ascent, Rove flicked on the mecha's targeting system, causing a protective mask to slide over the mecha's face from the top of its helm, simultaneously placing an ocular scouter over its right eye. Within the cockpit, the battlefield displayed on the screen was overlaid with a three-dimensional wireframe, with targets and obstacles highlighted and marked.

Smirking to himself, Rove stepped down on the right pedal, just as Sagittarion reached the apex of its jump. The mecha spun wildly, launching a powerful roundhouse kick to the top of the junk pile, instantly toppling it. As Sagittarion continued its spin, the junk mountain collapsed, crashing into a nearby one, and sending landslides of broken machinery into the fray. The collapse continued, toppling more and more mountains of junk in a domino chain across the arena.

"You wanted a show, Commisioner," Rove muttered. "Here it is." Smirking again, as the world spun on his viewscreen, he locked onto the nearest target, and released an energy arrow as the target flashed red.

* * *​

"My oh my," the announcer called. "It looks like the competitor Sagittarion just shook things up big-time! How will our competitors fare in a treacherous, twisting, landslide of junk!"

At the top of the stadium, in the single box of seats, a stout Chosen with a beard of stubble and elaborate robes tutted, crossing his arms. "That Alvion better do his job."

A taller, leaner Chosen in simpler attire shrugged delicately. "He will if he wants his reward. Perhaps we should remind him...?"

The stout one nodded, grinning. "I like it." He unfolded his arms, and tapped a button on the gauntlet attached to his left wrist. "Let's make this one hell of a show!"

* * *​

Even as the junk landslide continued, piles yet undisturbed in the center of the arena began shaking, before suddenly collapsing as well. A horrendous grinding noise began shrieking throughout the arena. Slowly but surely, piles of junk began shifting, falling toward the center of the arena, as the floor of the battlefield became slightly inclined.

"Wow!" the announcer cried out. "Could it be! It is! The infamous junk whirlpool! It looks like the pressure is on for our competitors! Not only do they have to worry about their competitors, but they better watch their step, or be torn to bits! Could this be any more intense!"

"excuse me." Zane said as the floor sloped.

He'd seen thins trick plenty before. He rushed to an unocupied corner of the arena and jabbed in one of his swords. with his free hand he began chucking random crap at the others.

Lister remained composed as the Martyr slipped suddenly.
He prepped the Mech's lance in both hands, and a chain gripped to the lance.
The Martyr tossed its' weapon, and Lister activated the rappel function of the Martyr's chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom