• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meet the New Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I included a list of past experiences/positions/etc. that I thought would be relevant, though I'm unsure of everyone else.

However, this thread is not for discussion on how everything played out behind the scenes. So I'd leave questions that deal with that issue out of here and left for a PM sent to an admin or a mod if you really feel it matters that much.

I included a list of past experiences/positions/etc. that I thought would be relevant, though I'm unsure of everyone else.

However, this thread is not for discussion on how everything played out behind the scenes. So I'd leave questions that deal with that issue out of here and left for a PM sent to an admin or a mod if you really feel it matters that much.

Hey Pianoplaynfool. Could I send you a pm about your past experiences and position? Because I never had them before and I wish I had some now. And since Ben Cousins was so curious, I was nice enough for him to get someone to answer his question for him. I should feel so great and wonderful when he finds out this nice thing I did for him.

This wasn't about who had the most previous modding experience. If we wanted to just prune mods from other forums, we could do that quite easily. And I want you to know that right now we're really being generous...this is not something that we have to disclose in the name of transparency or something. Hiring is one of the few areas that I think should remain a closed process. Overall I feel that Bulbagarden is exceptionally open to user input, but these decisions are final and private. We made seven excellent decisions in selecting our new moderators.

This wasn't about who had the most previous modding experience. If we wanted to just prune mods from other forums, we could do that quite easily.

Like from different message boards or something or different parts of the boards from this forum? besides I'm typing this message to you from my iPod so I apologize if some of my letters there didn't get capitalized because the batterie in the mouse died again and I've been unable to click on this thread with it to type this up on my keyboard. Going to get myself another one that could actually be plugged into the
Computer so I won't be dealing with this again.

From anywhere else. Previous experience was basically not a criteria we demanded, but we were looking for, as I said earlier, some other things. If forum modding was based on previous experience only, I never would've been brought over here six years ago, I didn't have any experience, just a good head on my shoulders. But more to the point, I'd really want to just drop this topic...we decided. Selection is over.

From anywhere else. Previous experience was basically not a criteria we demanded, but we were looking for, as I said earlier, some other things. If forum modding was based on previous experience only, I never would've been brought over here six years ago, I didn't have any experience, just a good head on my shoulders. But more to the point, I'd really want to just drop this topic...we decided. Selection is over.

You're correct. You did have to begin somewhere or else you wouldn't have become an admin 6 years ago like you mentioned unless if you were a mod first but then turned admin, but ever since I've been on here, you've been an admin. These new mods will do a great job since it was you who chose them.

I started at nothing six years ago. I was brought over by Archaic fresh, was immediately modded, and then was later admin'd.

Holy crap! That's fantastic! Here's a baby monkey with a certificate of authenticticty! *Gives him it*

congratulations, now you will be annoyed by my reporting posts >=]

PorgonZ, just be lucky that you deserved to be modded with those other mods whom were out of all the rest of us that didn't get modded. And I'll see the reasons why Ben Cousins has something against you since the mods let him state what he wanted here. I'm not against any of these choices. He's just probably against the way you'll be modding the boards, but I said enough over here and I'll have him speak for himself to say the rest of it. Maybe next time, the ones that didn't get modded would get modded. Kind of like trading places because the ones who are modded will probably move up to a higher position. That's just my guess from my very own perspective. Though, I wouldn't know when this is going to be. Probably in the future somewhere. XD!

Okay, really, back on topic now. Say hi to the new mods, mods, say hi to the new people, or everybody, don't say anything at all.

Edit: I'm not kidding. back on topic. I don't want to delete any more posts.

Last edited:
Well, congratulations to all that got modded, I have great faith that you'll all excel at your duties.

I would've applied, seems like interesting work/fun, but yeah, the whole great power/great responsibility deal.

And just what do you have against me?

I have nothing against you mate.

Its just you have two hundred odd posts and were inactive for three months recently.

I'll probably be swallowing my words in the coming weeks. :embarass:

(I know I wasn't supposed to comment on this but W/E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom