• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mentor Mafia Game: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back - Endgame

I'll drop out if there are more players than mentors by the time the game starts.

We have multiple solutions for this. None of which involve forcing someone to leave the game.
1. We find an extra mentor. I know at least @Soulmaster was interested.
2. We use fewer mentors for the mafia team. Just like mido said, we already had the idea of fixing such a situation with fewer mafia team mentors as the mafia have a private chat and therefore basically share mentors.
I'll drop out if there are more players than mentors by the time the game starts.
So there is no need to leave, everyone can play.
I don’t mind mentoring more than one player. If you guys aren’t mentioning who is mentoring who, you could do a single mentor for the mafia, or rather two mentors for mafia if it’s three mafia.
As for mentor player relationship, that will stay hidden (at least till the player dies) to prevent mentors from potentially metagaming and the likes based on other players their mentors instead of the actual player.

Can confirm that if an extra mentor is needed, I will step in at that point. Haven't officially signed up because I'm not dead set on playing/mentoring, but I'd much rather join if it is needed to help teach the next crop of great mafia players!

If a player from either side is dead does that make the mentor that is teaching that person also done with the game?
Correct, although this might be an exception for mafia team mentors if there are not enough mentors
If players are lesser, what happens to the mechanics?
Mechanics will stay the same, regardless of the amount of players.

Nameclaiming is not allowed. Nameclaiming means to say what the name of your role. For example, you cannot say "I'm Pikachu", but you can say "I'm the Cop".
I have a question about this. Do mafia games' OPs list the roles that will be in the game? Not doing so can confuse the players (hence why nameclaiming is not allowed). But, I saw that mafia games on other forums list the roles that will be in the game (like this forum; one such mafia game is here), so nameclaiming is not a problem. Should Bulbagarden's TWR mafia also list the roles that will be in the game?

I have a question about this. Do mafia games' OPs list the roles that will be in the game? Not doing so can confuse the players (hence why nameclaiming is not allowed). But, I saw that mafia games on other forums list the roles that will be in the game (like this forum; one such mafia game is here), so nameclaiming is not a problem. Should Bulbagarden's TWR mafia also list the roles that will be in the game?
Good question. As you noticed already different forums use different standards in terms of rules.

What you are referring to is called Open Setup, where all roles in the game are known to all players.
However, this game will be like most games in TWR, being closed. Meaning that the roles will not be shown in the OP.
We do have a list of common roles though Notice - Playing & Hosting Guides for some common knowledge. It's not required to read but can give you an idea. Next to that, mentors can always help to understand the different roles.

I see I haven't put that in the rules. In general, no. Mentors aren't allowed to talk in the thread, only in their pm with their player. However, I would consider that the following rule still applies to them.
After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information. Please avoid posting more than once or posting pointlessly.

If you want to join, feel free. Make sure to read the rules though
I confirm that my eyes have gazed upon the law of the land

Roxie's pretty rockin' btw, if we're talking about gym leaders!

Back
Top Bottom