• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mentor Mafia Game: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back - Endgame

Day 1

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-m1r_ZaLF4

Day 1: Feeling A Little Blue

Blue Oak sighed wearily. It had only been a month since Team Rainbow Rocket had emerged, seemingly from nowhere, and conquered the world, but it felt like an eternity. The Rocket Boss had him and his assistants working virtually non-stop in his Pallet Town Lab performing research and experiments on Pokemon. Cruel experiments. Today they would be testing out modifications to the Rocket's evolutionary radio signal. Devon Corporation in Hoenn had been tasked with making the upgrades, and it was now supposed to be more efficient and boost the Pokemon's power significantly, but forcing Pokemon to evolve was a painful process. Blue always felt sick to his stomach watching the expressions of agony on his test subjects' faces.

But even that wasn't the worst part. After the forced evolutions, the Pokemon were put into brutal cage matches and forced to battle each other to the death. The ever present Rocket Grunts, who supervised Blue's work, took great joy in gambling on the outcome of the fights. In the end, only one Pokemon would remain alive, and it was that Pokemon which would have the honor of being used by Team Rainbow Rocket.

Naturally, Blue had considered resisting, but he realized that it would be a futile, and fatal, endeavor. Though at one time he had been a formidable Trainer, and had even taken on the Elite Four, he had been unable to defeat the unbeatable Champion, his grandfather Samuel Oak. As a favor to his Gramps, he had temporarily taken over as the Viridian City Gym Leader after the previous leader, an older man named Silver, had decided to step down so he could explore the world and search for Moltres. However, Blue had quickly gotten bored and gave the job to a girl named Leaf, who was the only Challenger to ever defeat him, and he went on to pursue his true passion of being a Pokemon researcher, becoming a world renowned Professor in just a few short years.

Champion Samuel Oak, along with the other regional Champions and the Elite Four, had battled against Giovanni and his allies. The strongest Trainers in the world, and they were battered aside like they were insignificant. The following day, in a live television broadcast seen around the world, the Champions were all summarily executed by the Rockets. In an announcement following the executions, Giovanni declared that owning Pokemon was illegal, and his Rocket Grunts flooded the world confiscating Trainers' Pokemon.

At first, Gym Leaders tried resisting, but they were overwhelmed and forced to either join Team Rainbow Rocket or die. Many, including Leaf, chose to die, but some, including Kanto's own Sabrina and Blaine, chose to join. Even then, cooperating individuals were only allowed to keep a single Pokemon, to discourage resistance. Blue himself only had one Pokemon, his Pidgeot, which was mostly used for transportation.

A Rocket Grunt approached Blue as he concluded the day's experiments.
"You're wanted at HQ," she said, "the Admin would like to discuss your latest test results."
Professor Oak shuddered. He hated dealing with the Admin, an odious man named Faba who pretended to be a big shot Scientist, but was actually just an arrogant fool.

Blue departed from his Lab immediately, leaving his aides to clean up. He flew to Saffron City on his Pidgeot, and arrived at Silph Co. HQ. He walked through the impressive front doors, flanked by Rocket Grunts, and took the elevator to the 10th floor. Stepping out of the lift, he walked toward the Admin's office. A strange glow was coming from under the door. Curious, the former Gym Leader glanced around to make sure no Grunts were watching and peeked through the door.

Faba stood with his back to the door facing a swirling vortex. A shadowy figure loomed in the vortex and was speaking.
"...results have been unacceptable," the figure was saying in what Blue immediately recognized as Giovanni's voice, "other universes are outputting specimens at a much faster rate than yours."
Faba shrank back, as if struck.
"W-well, you see," he stammered.
"Spare me your excuses!" thundered Giovanni, "I want to see an increase in your output, or I will have you terminated!"
The vortex shrank and disappeared leaving a disgruntled Faba muttering platitudes to empty air.

Blue closed the door quickly and took several steps back, processing what he had just seen and overheard. The strange vortex. "Other universes." So that was how Team Rainbow Rocket had been able to take over the world so easily. They were invading from other universes and had the resources from all of them.

He barely paid attention as Faba beckoned him into his office and began berating him for his lack of productivity. A time/space portal! An actual means of traveling between different universes. Amazing. If only he could get his hands on the schematics, then he could level the playing field.

His musings were cut off by a large Explosion emanating from one of the research facilities on the lower floors. Immediately, Faba's video phone rang. He accepted the call with an annoyed sigh. A disheveled Scientist covered in soot appeared on the screen. More Explosions could be overheard in the background.
"What 's happening?" demanded the Admin.
"We're not sure," admitted the Scientist, wiping soot off her forehead, "all of a sudden, the Electrodes powering the machines suddenly started Exploding. We could really use your help to corral them, seeing as how none of us have Pokemon."
"Fine," snapped Faba, "I'll be down immediately."
He stood up and walked to his office door. As an afterthought, he turned to Blue.
"We're done here," he said coldly, "you may go."
With that, Faba departed, leaving Blue alone in the office.

The former Gym Leader glanced around the room to make sure it wasn't under surveillance, which, of course, it was not, since Faba was a trusted and loyal Rainbow Rocket Admin. Quickly, he stood up and strode over to Faba's desk. Luckily, the Admin had been in such a rush to leave that he hadn't logged out of his computer. Blue searched the PC for "temporal portal," and was taken to an encrypted file of the schematics. Fortunately, Faba was arrogant enough that Blue was able to guess his password immediately. The Pokemon Professor pulled out a flash drive, which he always kept on him for digital storage of his experiment results, and downloaded the schematics.

That night, Professor Oak covertly reached out to a few of his colleagues using their Underground network and sent them the blueprints for the portal.
Dr. Fuji, formerly a Rocket Scientist, but who defected after a particularly nasty experiment killed his entire research team, and currently employed at Silph Co.
Joseph Stone, the previous President of Devon Corporation prior to the Rocket takeover. His son, Steven, had been killed by the Rockets along with the other regional Champions.
Sirius, the head of Galactic Enterprises, based out of Sinnoh. Though young, he was extremely intelligent. His wife, Cynthia, had been killed by the Rockets along with the other regional Champions.

Each of these men had a reason to despise Team Rainbow Rocket, but none of them had the means to oppose them, until now.
"This will be quite some undertaking," said Dr. Fuji, shaking his head.
"Especially since we'll need to prevent the Rockets from finding out what we're up to," added Stone, "if they find out what we're up to, they'll execute us for sure."
"True," concurred Sirius, "but the risk is worth it. Those Rockets have caused nothing but pain and suffering since their arrival. Who knows what untold devastation they're causing in other universes."
Blue nodded.
"Exactly," he said, "this isn't just about us. This is about the entirely of creation. Team Rainbow Rocket has caused a blight, and for all we know, we're the only ones who have the means of fixing it."
"Very well," said Fuji, "I can acquire the components to build the molecular stabilizer here at Silph Co."
"I can fabricate the frame and the power supply here at Devon," noted the former Devon President.
"It just so happens that I have the means to put together the time/space wormhole generator," stated Sirius.
"...why would you have that?" asked Blue, raising an eyebrow.
Sirius shrugged.
"I was planning on building a reality bomb," he said, casually.
The other three blanched.
"Well, at the time it seemed like the only way to stop the Rockets," he muttered.

Working together, in secrecy, Blue, Dr. Fuji, Ex-President Stone, and Sirius managed to assemble the temporal portal a month later.
Under the premise of wanting to visit Devon to examine their work on the Rocket's evolutionary radio signal, Professor Oak traveled to Rustboro City. He spent the day looking over facts and figures with the Devon Scientists under the watchful eyes of the new Devon President, Courtney, a purple haired emotionless woman with bizarre speech patterns. That night, instead of traveling back in the dark, Blue and Joseph went down into one of the basement floors of Devon.
The former President pushed against a particular bookcase, and it rotated inward, revealing a secret entrance.
"I had Roxanne hollow out an underground cavern for me," explained Stone, "nobody knows about this place except us."

The completed temporal portal generator sat gleaming in the dimly lit cave. A power generator provided electricity for the portal generator and several lamps.
"Are you sure about this?" asked Stone, looking over at Blue, "it's completely untested."
The Professor nodded.
"We have no choice," he said, "I'm sure that, as soon as we fire up this baby, the Rockets will catch wind of it."
"Very well," he said, flipping the switch, "good luck!"

The lights dimmed as the portal generator crackled to life. A massive maelstrom blew as the fabric of time and space itself was rent asunder. The wormhole generator tore through the universes like a hot knife through butter, creating an unstable passageway through the multiverse. The molecular stabilizer sent out waves which stabilized the wormhole making it safe to travel through, in theory.
Blue stood in front of the portal, a look of determination in his eyes. As he stepped into the abyss he turned to look as Joseph Stone one last time.
"Well," he said, raising his hand in farewell, "smell you later!"

It's time to play! It is now Day 1.
This means that all players may talk and discuss to figure out who the mafia is. In 48 hours, the player with the most votes will be eliminated.
I will also give an update on the votes placed in 24 hours (a bit earlier or later for tomorrow specifically).
Mentors are NOT allowed to talk in this thread.

@Cool_Username you have 24 hours to confirm and play, otherwise you will be subbed out of the game

While I could start the game by random voting, I won't. Instead, I'm about to claim.

I am an Independent player, and I win by correctly predicting which side will win on Day One. If the side I pick wins, so do I, if the side I pick loses, I lose. In addition, I have three one use powers, likely intended to be used to help my side of choice. 1x Doctor, 1x Cop, and 1x Vig.

Back
Top Bottom