• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mentor Mafia Game: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back - Endgame

While I could start the game by random voting, I won't. Instead, I'm about to claim.

I am an Independent player, and I win by correctly predicting which side will win on Day One. If the side I pick wins, so do I, if the side I pick loses, I lose. In addition, I have three one use powers, likely intended to be used to help my side of choice. 1x Doctor, 1x Cop, and 1x Vig.
This^
I haven't decided yet.
& this^ didn't go well
People generally like to know who the Independent is, what the Independent can do, and how the Independent wins. When it's possible for the Independent to win with town, it's usually in the Independent's best interest to claim.
While this is true, indeps generally tend to stay put till the very end since the wincon may either be "eliminate everyone" or "you can win with town if Mafia has been eliminated".
Even if we assume the latter is the wincon, it is a threat to town.

So it's true that town wants to know who the independent is, but indeps don't generally throw themselves into spotlight at the very beginning.
I've seen a wolf who has tried to act as 3p and pretended to help town at lylo or mylo
Honestly, I doubt Dawning would put so much attention on themselves so early on in the game if they
really were lying about their role. Having a possible Doctor/Cop/Vig indep that can be an ally to town can be useful as well
I will keep this bookmarked

I'm not going to switch votes until all the others post.
Unvote

Late Midday Votals
DawningWinds III - Frozen Fennec, jamiebearcub, KohKimura64

Giri I - prog rocker

This phase will end in roughly 22 hours Countdown

is there an amount of votes that ends the day/night thing?
Not on Bulbagarden, I don't think. Some forums let you cast your vote as another kind of vote. I think when a majority of votes is reached, if some of the voters on the bandwagon cast their votes as that other kind of vote, then the player who was voted the most dies immediately. The phase may or may not end after that, depending on the forum. But not on Bulbagarden. Here, the phase simply ends at the set time, and the majority then, and only then, determines the lynch.
Correct, we generally don't use Majority / Hammer rules. We used to, but at some point the general community here didn't like the rule and thus it was removed from the standard ruleset. Hosts can still choose to use it if they wish, official BMG / TWR staff hosted games generally will not have them. The phase only ends by timer or when a certain end game result is inevitable.
Hosts usually prefer it if you bold your vote.
Also correct, that makes it easier for us to spot. Editing it now to bold it is fine.

But, as a general rule, generally editing posts in mafia games is not allowed. If you would like to make changes, make a new post (don't delete the old one either).

@Cool_Username has been removed from the game.
@Felly I can sub you in right now if you are still interested

While I do understand your well-meaning of letting us know you are an Independent, I still feel rather uncertain about if you are being honest about your roles that you have claimed. For now, I hope the town will be safe, got to be careful of the mafia infiltrating the town and all.
DawningWinds' claim makes sense for now. Letting everyone know that they can side with either team can be a potentially risky move to make, so I have a feeling they have a reason to do it.

Hmm, "hoping the town will be safe" sounds a little lazy imo.

It's honestly because I felt like someone would call out my lie if I'd said I'd decided at that point because it's completely impossible to tell who's going to win during rvs.
Don't you have to pick a side during Day 1, like you said so yourself?

DawningWinds' claim makes sense for now. Letting everyone know that they can side with either team can be a potentially risky move to make, so I have a feeling they have a reason to do it.

Hmm, "hoping the town will be safe" sounds a little lazy imo.
Understandable. Will try to work on making my wording better throughout this event. Thanks for the critique.~

Understandable. Will try to work on making my wording better throughout this event. Thanks for the critique.~
Oh crap, seems I accidentally put my reply within the quote wall when I meant for it to be below. I really need to double check my posts before hitting the Post Reply button, sorry.

Hmu with my role PM and I'll start readin' the thread.

Felly is subbing in for Cool_Username, effective immediately.

@Felly please confirm that you have received your role pm.

hello i have my role and i am ready to die.

Read through the thread earlier, but I don't have too much in the way of thoughts. Big thing seems to be on Dawning's role claim right now.

I agree with Zorchic on their thoughts regarding Dawning. The role claim seems believable to me, especially being that specific this early, and publicly claiming which side they're on is risky. I don't think it's worth risking a lynch on Dawning now with not knowing where their alignment stands with town or Mafia.

I'm not sure I really have a solid read on anyone just yet, other than Dawning, who if their role claim is true (and I'm inclined to believe it is), is Independent. There's a lot of people who haven't said too much yet that I can't get a read on at all, which isn't too helpful in general.

Back
Top Bottom