• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Mewtwo Vs. Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The main criteria are:

Better appearance/cry?
Better moves?
Given the choice, which would you support in a one-on-one battle between them?

For me, it'd be Lucario for all three. Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mewtwo. He has a type advantage over Lucario and he's the original Uber. One of the best Pokémon ever...

I say lucario. Mewtwo is psychic type, but lucario is also steel. Here''s how my battle would go:
"MEWTWO used psychic!"
"LUCARIO used dark pulse!" "It's super effective!"
"MEWTWO used psychic!"
"MEWTWO fainted!"

I say lucario. Mewtwo is psychic type, but lucario is also steel. Here''s how my battle would go:
"MEWTWO used psychic!"
"MEWTWO used psychic!"
"MEWTWO fainted!"

Lucario would be dead after the second Psychic (barring maximum EVs in Special Defence & HP and running a +SpD nature, and a lot of bad luck on Mewtwo's part or some crazy combination of held items/status/modifiers/hack (using Psycho Break would guarantee the KO barring the above)).

Last edited:
Lucario would be dead after the second Psychic.

...based on the assumption that all attacks are at 100% accuracy, that Mewtwo isn't holding a TwistedSpoon, that Lucario isn't holding an anti-super-effective-psychic-berry Berry, and that Mewtwo and Lucario are either of the same level, or that Mewtwo is higher outright/lower by a small margin.

Anyway, Mewtwo does look decidedly badass, but Lucario is badass-er.
(Plus if I had to date one, I'd go for Lucario :loopy:.)

...based on the assumption that all attacks are at 100% accuracy, that Mewtwo isn't holding a TwistedSpoon, that Lucario isn't holding an anti-super-effective-psychic-berry Berry, and that Mewtwo and Lucario are either of the same level, or that Mewtwo is higher outright/lower by a small margin.

Well it depends where you draw the line on assumptions.

We could be talking Mewtwo from the anime/first movie where he can create storms capable of destroying the world, lift a herd of stampeding Tauros, command people as puppets and withstand any attack without taking damage :p.

Either way my vote for Mewtwo in all 3 categories remains unchanged :thumbup:

Mewtwo has always had a place in my heart, and now has an awesome signature move.

If nothing else, there's a certain place in which Lucario can defeat more pokemon that it's weak to than Mewtwo can.

JOHTO BATTLE FRONTIER :D

"MEWTWO used psychic!"
"MEWTWO used psychic!"
"MEWTWO fainted!"

That's funny, this is how mine would go:

''Mewtwo used Aura Sphere!'' ''It's Super Effective!''
''The foes Lucario fainted!''

But yeah, Mewtwo in every aspect for me.

Mewtwo is harder, better, faster, and stronger.

Also, calculations!

With max Special Defense and HP, Lucario WILL be 2HKOed by Choice Specsed Mewtwo's Aura Sphere (even factoring a chople berry which reduces the power of a super effective fighting move).

Running the EVs and nature required to even dream of surviving the hit, Lucario can only 3HKO Mewtwo (I did the calcs with 252hp, 4 sp def because the speed EVs are unnecessary as Lucario can never out speed min speed Mewtwo).

So there's a reason Mewtwo is Uber and Lucario isn't.

Last edited:
Why was this comparison even made?

Obviously, Mewtwo destroys Lucario. One of the ways it can do so is by turning its most recognizable move (Aura Sphere) against it for a one-hit KO and a bit of irony.

Mewtwo has a better concept behind it, is undeniably more powerful, and was the "original". On the other hand, I prefer Lucario's design.

I'm going with Mewtwo. It's makes it all the better that it got an amazing signature attack this generation.

Lucario, mostly because hes better in Super Smash Bros.

Look into your heart, you know its true.

You lie!

Considering Lucario was a Mewtwo expy, Mewtwo still wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom