• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Missing Older Games?

I miss playing Pokemon Snap, but then I remember that the game was mostly a novelty item and is useless now since the Snap Stations have been all dismantled and destroyed.

I also miss my copy of Pokemon Pinball RS, but since I bet THAT internal battery is dead and I was only playing it as a time wasting game and not for high scores or anything as far as bragging rights go, I guess it's not a total loss.

My yellow or emerald have never worked! My mom got them both used at a pawn shop, so go figure. I had lost my GSC years ago, but have now replaced them. I couldn't bear to far away from my Typhlosion for too long. :p As time as went on, the internal battery has given out on both my Gold and Silver. It's a bit depressing but there's nothing to be done I suppose.

Last edited:
I very much miss my original Silver.
It was my best game. I had beaten it side by side with my bestie on her gold. We traded with each other for breeding and exclusive gaps all the time. We even beat the Elite four sitting next to each other the morning following a sleepover.

I had my favorite pokemon on it, including all my bests from my Yellow version, my very first game. Three of which were level 100.
I had 17 Elite four beats(the Johto side) and a full pokedex(although I had gamesharked the last quarter or so XP).

A lot of fond memories are attached to that game; but it died in roughly 2006/2007 taking everything with it.

I am quite attached to the 3rd generation games, because that's where I started. Sapphire, Collosseum, and LeafGreen hold so many memories for me! I almost wish I could go back then and relive that... I can even still remember most of the pokemon that I had!

I had Yellow and Silver, yet managed to lose both. My Crystal's battery died, so there's that. I may have kept it plugged into the wall so it wouldn't turn off all the way through the last time I played the game in its entirety, but still.
I wish I had Yellow and a Crystal that would never die. I don't care much for the other generations.

I never bought Pokemon Red but found it at home from many years ago. But a few days/months later, I can't find it so I played Yellow and Crystal (which I bought them).

I got my first copy of Pokémon Crystal in December 2001. I lost the first copy in a sofa, and we moved in early 2002 and abandoned said sofa. I got my second copy of Pokémon Crystal and my first copy of Pokémon Yellow in March 2002. I gave away my 2nd copy of Pokémon Crystal in 2003 (with my original GBC which I obtained in March 2000), and my copy of Pokémon Yellow broke somehow — the sprites displayed incorrectly or something. I got my 3rd and current copy of Pokémon Crystal second-hand in January 2005 and my 2nd and current copy of Pokémon Yellow also second-hand in April 2005 with an original Game Boy.

I have arguably never had Pokémon Silver. I got a second-hand copy in early March 2006, but the save battery had run dry, and I did not have a way to replace it. I returned it, exchanging it for a Game Boy pocket.

My copy of Pokémon Emerald got stolen in February 2007, but it was eventually returned to me, but the save file was different. I lost the original Swampert from Ruby, a shiny Dodrio from FireRed, and a shiny Mightyena, among others.

My Gold, Silver, Crystal and Emerald internal batteries died. I miss playing those games...

I miss my first load of Crystal version because I lost the cartridge in which I defeated Red and traded my Porygon from Red version to it and evolved it but I didn't breed more Porygon to trade back to Red version buy I did eventually buy another Crystal cartridge in 2010. My Silver version battery also died, when I got to Goldenrod City for the first time, and I didn't know how to replace it until March 2011 so I also missed playing that.

My Red (wont save), Blue (lost), Yellow (original save file died), Crystal (lost), Sapphire (traded away, man do I regret that), Emerald (lost)...
Sigh...
My Diamond's save file went and destroyed itself. I had my sister's Blaziken on that, along with a lot of Legendaries and Shinies... sigh, I still have it, but I haven't played it since, haven't had the heart to, because I'm scared the same thing'll happen again... blegh...
Now that I think of it, I never lose my games. I rarely get any because they're so expensive, so chances are the only one that I actually did lose was Blue... and that would've been because we moved, I always lose something when we move! I wonder what happened to the others... >:'(

pmd games. i have them but they dont work. i cant wait if they make one for gen V

I'm "missing" my Blue version, but that's just because I left it at home, and I'm not going home in at least two months. The reason I'm missing it is solely because I want to try out the Mew glitch though.

I've been missing Yellow version and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald a lot lately. Yellow, because its still to this day the only game where you can get all the starters on one version and I traded mine away years ago. The Hoenn games, because its been so long since i've played them. Really wish GF would announce the remakes already. Till then i'm gonna try to buy the Hoenn games or at least Emerald again.

PMD 2. Such a beautiful game dying from memory loss. Torchic and Totodile, I'll hold the memories. I have Blue and Gold but I never play them because I miss the new Pokemon. Shame you lost your games and battery lives. That's what you get for shaking and playing it a lot and being irresponsible.

I sold Yellow, & Crystal I Lost Silver, Ruby, LeafGreen, FireRed, Diamond (with all my previous gen pokemon :( ), Pearl & Broke Sapphire, Channel (which I replaced 3 times)
I still have 2 Emeralds (One i Found in 7th Grade @ School), Platinum, White, and PokePark

Yes I miss them :(

I sold all my Gen I and II games a few years back, and yeah, I kinda miss 'em. It was fun to be able to go back to a previous generation, one that holds some nostalgic value for me, and play around for a while. In the wake of the innovations that recent generations have brought, Red and Blue feel much more basic and stripped-down, though not always in a bad way - without having to worry about natures or abilities or the physical/special split, battling in Gen I had a certain satisfying simplicity to it.

Of course, there were a number of useful aspects from later games I would have liked to have in Red and Blue. The Exp. Share, for example...

Obviously there are rumors that they'll be remade for Gen. V, but I'm thinking of getting Emerald. Of course, GameStop wants $32 for a used copy, which is bull XP

That is total BULL SH******************T; you're totally right. That game is going on seven years old, plus I recall GameStop putting a halt to selling used Game Boy Advance merchandise, but did they get rid of the Pokémon? Hell **** no, they're just making too much money. And it's not like Emerald is anything they're promoting att all, whatsoever; they're just down right ripping us off, because why? Because we actually pay the $34.95 for a GBA game. Trust me on this one: Don't ever buy from GameStop unless it's (1) a Nintendo Event, or (b) They're having a crazy sale with something like SNES equipment.

ANYWAY, as for games I miss? Well, I owned a copy of Gold in which I beat myself and hadn't even finished Kanto. One day I threw it in the bushes never to be seen again. I'm still facepalming over it, as all I have now is a crappy copy of Silver with a dead battery. Go figure.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom