• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Monbrey's Mediocre Masterpieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monbrey

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
MONBREY'S MEDIOCRE MASTERPIECES

This is really nothing more than my place to take request and provide the requested.

Can do recolours of sprites and simple artworks, as well as some limited editing, and have done banner work in the past.
Other than these, feel free to make requests on whatever you want. I may not take them, but it never hurts to ask! :)

All I ask for your requests is that you are formal and detailed.

Artwork or Sprite: If you have a specific image you want edited, link me to to it. Otherwise I'll just pick the one I like best to fit your request.
Additional Features: These include things like accessories, physical differences etc. What and where.
Colouring: Explain what colours you want, and WHERE.
Approximate Sizing: A sprite is a sprite, but I like to use bigger images for some artworks, then scale them down, to perhaphs Sig or Avatar sizing.

Bad Request:
"i wnt a red swampert wif n eyepatch"
6p7zhf.jpg

This does not give enough detail. And your spelling/grammar will annoy me. If I'm feeling generous and do it anyway, then you tell me it's not right, expect my generosity to end.
This lack the following information:
Is it a sprite, or an artwork, or is it a particular Swampert image?
Which parts do you want red?
What should I do with the other sections?
Which eye do you want the eyepatch on?
What size should it be?

Good Request:
"Could you make me a Swampert D/P/Pt sprite where the blue-body sections are red, black fins, change the orange sections to black too, but leave the underbelly white? Oh, and an eyepatch over his right eye too please!"

Everything is here. And I can read it. Ask (correctly) and ye shall recieve.
dyrhad.jpg

So yeah. Feel free to make requests, or ask for some of the ones I've already done if you'd like examples.

Last edited:
Your sprites are far from mediocre. Anyway, recolour please, Tentacruel's HG/SS sprite, with a deep black body, golden 'orbs' and deep purple tentacles please. Leave the underbody and eyes the same please, and a golden crown would be nice too.

Artwork or Sprite: http://arn5.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/lucario2.jpg
Additional Features: N/A
Colouring: Red everywhere that the blue is, the Aura Sphere turned black, and the yellowish fur turned silver.
Approximate Sizing: Whatever you think is best for my sig.

This has proved to be really difficult. For some reason, the editor isn't recolouring the blue anything like it has in the Swampert sprite example, probably due to the much larger range of colours. Maybe I should stick to sprites for now, until I get a little more experience. Sorry :(

Your sprites are far from mediocre. Anyway, recolour please, Tentacruel's HG/SS sprite, with a deep black body, golden 'orbs' and deep purple tentacles please. Leave the underbody and eyes the same please, and a golden crown would be nice too.

Sprites continues to turn out well, though I can't help but think my crown is a little dodgy. Hope you like it.

65c28j.jpg

Hmm Let's see. How about a Venonat Hg/Ss sprite and change the purple body to a bright blue, the eyes to yellow and the feet to green? lol

Hmm Let's see. How about a Venonat Hg/Ss sprite and change the purple body to a bright blue, the eyes to yellow and the feet to green? lol

Wasnt sure if you meant hands too, so here's just feet:
23u3bd0.jpg

And here's hands included:
5zglr5.jpg

Hi! How about a Venusaur's colours on DP Blaziken? I'm not too fussy where the colours go. Thanks :)

Could you do a Jynx recolor (sprite from HG/SS) with the red replaced with an icy lightish-blue, it's hair turned white, with it's hand's and face blue?

Hard to say if that'll look good or stupid xD

Could you do a Jynx recolor (sprite from HG/SS) with the red replaced with an icy lightish-blue, it's hair turned white, with it's hand's and face blue?

Hard to say if that'll look good or stupid xD

Here it is, looks pretty good in my opinion.

1zygcwh.jpg

Last edited:
Might I have a Platinum Arceus sprite designed like the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Shiny colored (yellow noodles/body), while holding the Mind Plate, so he can have red details for the meatballs and eyestalks?

Um, can you resize my Mystery Card? I need it to be 144px. This is what it looks like:

picture.php

Sorry if this is too hard, I just wanted the pic to be used in my sig.

Um, can you resize my Mystery Card? I need it to be 144px. This is what it looks like:

picture.php

Sorry if this is too hard, I just wanted the pic to be used in my sig.

Here, this is resized down to 144px in height I assumed (159 x 144), made the writing a bit bolder as it originally lost some clarity in the reduction.

2cwpws7.jpg

LOL, oh please...its not that bad, better than anything I could ever do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom