• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More English Names

I stick to the belief that Kojiro fucking killed Gravy's "Rukario is betteru" joke long ago. Now, it's an annoying ass fad on SPPf, and I'm sure--no, I KNOW that Gravy is annoyed as all hell by it.

I just wish people would stfu with that. It is truly annoying. Good job, Kojiro. -_-

And SHTR, why do you think that the U.S. names have to be released in the same ways that Japan had their Pokemon/names revealed? I mean, this isn't Japan, and NoA can do whatever they please. ._.

Buizel and possibly Mantyke have been confirmed. PokemonCenter.com is selling new merchandise, including PokeDolls.

Pokemon.com have Buizel and Mantyke on their pages already. They have since the last update. :x

Edit: Wow. After going around various fan-sites, people are actually serious about "Cherimu" being better than Cherrim. What the fuck is wrong with people? I honestly now believe that the Pokemon fandom is ass retarded.

Last edited:
I stick to the belief that Kojiro fucking killed Gravy's "Rukario is betteru" joke long ago. Now, it's an annoying ass fad on SPPf, and I'm sure--no, I KNOW that Gravy is annoyed as all hell by it.

I just wish people would stfu with that. It is truly annoying. Good job, Kojiro. -_-

And SHTR, why do you think that the U.S. names have to be released in the same ways that Japan had their Pokemon/names revealed? I mean, this isn't Japan, and NoA can do whatever they please. ._.

Because, it goes without thinking that the pokemon released first in Japan will be first to have their ENGLISH names released (Notice ENGLISH. Not U.S ENGLISH.). It has already followed this, apart for the 3 annomalies (Dorapion, Zugaidosu and Minomucchi)

I was seriously expecting Dorapion to be released long before now.

Um...I can put U.S. if I want to. I don't have to be specific, seeing as how you knew exactly what I meant. Seeing as how we're talking about NoA, U.S. is accurate enough, thanks. :\

And what I was saying is that NoA doesn't necessarily have to follow the pattern, because...they don't have to. ._.

They haven't followed the pattern. Or at least our info hasn't. If you go by Pokemon.com alone, a whole mess of pokes have been skipped, and if you go by our additional Toy Fair info, the following pokemon have been given English names, and were NOT revealed before the JP release of D/P: Floatzel, Shellos, Driftblim, Skorupi, and Croagunk. If you add it together, if you go by our sources, we have more English names now than there were pokemon revealed before D/P's JP release. If you only go by pokemon.com, it is far less.

Um...I can put U.S. if I want to. I don't have to be specific, seeing as how you knew exactly what I meant. Seeing as how we're talking about NoA, U.S. is accurate enough, thanks. :\

And what I was saying is that NoA doesn't necessarily have to follow the pattern, because...they don't have to. ._.

This is my worst pet peeve.

Its the ENGLISH language. If your gonna use it, dont go around parading it as "American" because it ISNT. Its ENGLISH.

I hate Americans that seem to forget, if it wasnt for us, they wouldnt exist. We dont need you.

It's Nintendo of AMERICA. They choose the names that are going to be used in (North) AMERICA. "English" would be assuming that every country with English-speakers would be using the same names. That isn't necessarily the case, as Nintendo of AMERICA only has to worry about their own country, and every other company could have names changed at will under their own division of the Nintendo company.

And if you're going to go around being the "English" police that bitches and whines and acts like a baby whenever someone doesn't say things to your liking, then guess what? We don't need you, either. Why would we want someone that thinks that they're better than us? :\

It would help if we had examples of where NOE renamed pokemon for the UK, because I don't know of any.

Americans

I agree with shtr. Americans sometimes seem to think they are more important than the rest, having an incredibly arrogant attitude

It would help if we had examples of where NOE renamed pokemon for the UK, because I don't know of any.

Didn't say that there are examples. Just saying that it's entirely within the realm of possibility.

I agree with shtr. Americans sometimes seem to think they are more important than the rest, having an incredibly arrogant attitude
I like how I didn't display any arrogance, yet you're quick to label me an "arrogant American". Quite pompous of you to assume someone is always speaking negatively about anyone else, when they (me) clearly aren't.

If you looked closely, you would realise i hadn't directly called you arrogant. I just implied americans are.

I just implied americans are.
Isn't implying all American's are arrogant (which Beelzebii is, as am I) basically...well, calling him arrogant?

If you looked closely, you would realise i hadn't directly called you arrogant. I just implied americans are.

Wow.

I love how this started over SHTR obsessing over one effin' thing I said. Good job, dude. *thumbs up*

Here's to hoping this thread doesn't become of the "U.S. vs. England" thread (a la SPPf).

snobby, That is absolute balderdash. you don't know about chavs

Since you want to assume/imply that all Americans are arrogant, why can't we assume that you're just a bunch of snobs? If you don't want to be insulted, then don't insult others. A simple thing that you probably learned when you were younger. :\

I'll just make this my last post on the matter, because this is stupid, and I don't want to SPAM this thread to hell.

Last edited:
Don't you get it: I said a snobby word "balderdash" while trying to prove that the british aren't snobby

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom